2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Temme

IF he is picking over us or them, and you were in your shoes, what would you do?

First thing is phone friends for a recommendation, without doubt.

Any links to current/ex team mates at either club?

As was written in the program this week, Doucet is the reason we signed Brine and Bissonnette was the reason we signed Mark Louis.

Word of mouth business this!

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
Has Bordeleau been confirmed with the Panthers yet or is it still just rumoured?
Thought it was John Scott rumoured to the Panthers....tbh rumour has evolved only because one of their fans tweeted him!

James said:
Both Verifiable.
Cardiff Best Place to Live
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... etire.html

Nottingham as Gun Crime capital of UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 713306.stm
(I think Birmingham has overtaken it more recently though)
Top quality research.. Using a 10 year old article :roll:

USwitch quality of life study places Nottingham as 102nd best place to live, Cardiff 88th but that takes into account the Vale of Glamorgan too.

Notts Police recorded 9,156 crimes in June this year compared to South Wales Police recording 11,080. I bet you're thinking 'They cover a bigger area'.. There's barely 12sq miles in it, if that.

Just thought i'd throw that in there for anyone slating Nottingham and hailing Cardiff as god's back garden.

When it comes down to it though, the city/safety isn't a priority for players. Many have played in a lot more hostile places which don't speak their langauge and you've just got to look at players Steelers bring in.. Top quality, yet Sheffield is not 'God's Country' but rather, God's Ass-hole. Spent nearly a year in Sheffield, awful place.

Temme

Wow isn't this a fascinating debate

I'm so glad that you are having this discussion publically.

Please wait a minute so that I can get my popcorn so you can carry this on

Temme said:

Save the popcorn! I worked for the Police and used up to date facts, can't argue that really.

Just doing what any other fan would do if their city was getting slated to hell on an opposition forum. Though it's not that often you see it really, besides a few little bits of banter here and there.

Rumours regarding Panthers' enforcer etc.. There isn't any, just suggestions as to who to sign really with no substance behind it but the Free Agents page on EliteProspects. Would'nt expect Bordeleau to be coming to the league, been a while since that rumour and after all, it was only and offer, not active communication regarding a solid deal.

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Mooney#16 said:
Fighting is done in the game. You can or can't of you want. Devils don't really need an enforcer. However what they are missing is what Janssen showed was off real value and that is an absolute savage on the forecheck. Someone who challenges the D men to get there head up and move the puck quick else they could well be joining the fans if you're still there when he arrives.

If there is a clone of Andy Bezeau about in hockey right now I'd suggest you find him, sign him and put a muzzle on him.
I like the sound of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

Temme said:

Dear oh dear. Oh, wait. It is the summer holidays!

Finny

The only thing that is certain at the moment is that every time we lose a game it will be because ".. we weren't physical enough....."

If we were/are in talks with Bordeleau then I can't see anything be agreed for a while. He was in the AHL last season and will surely be looking for at least an AHL try out camp in the hope of getting a shot at the NHL again. You only need look at what has happened to Bissonnette to see it's possible.

If he doesn't get an AHL contract though then he could well fancy a chance in lifestyle and a move to us where he would suddenly be a big fish in a small pond.From what I can work out though, AHL camps aren't until the end of September. So we wouldn't expect any news until October.

Plus, I'd be happy to wait a month to see how we do without an out and out tough guy. Most of the games in September and early October are CC games and we'd have to do pretty disastrous to miss out on qualifying from the group stage. Wait until the AHL camps have cut players and see what we are short of and who is available.

I've also seen people comment that losing Louis for Fitzgerald or Nickerson is a bad trade off. Is it though?
I've been very impressed with Louis in pre-season. But it looks like Hotham-Richardson and Hotham-Fournier will be our top two D lines this year. So both teams would be losing a 3rd line Dman - the only difference being that Louis won't be a waste of an roster spot when he's not fighting.

Sheffield won the league with Fitzgerald last season, but were we really that intimidated against them? I've seen people claim we were but that didn't stop us having a winning record against them. We lost the league because we stopped scoring goals. Especially in Scotland.

I've also read numerous comments from Saturdays game on how good and effective the Haddad-Myers-Lord was. Lord rests himself for the Sunday and people complain that we weren't as physical. Yet some people then suggest the solution is for Lord to go as bench-coach.
Surely the weekend shows us how important Lord still is to our team?

Let's not forget that these two teams we played in the last 10 days are far and away better than anyone we've played in recent years. We've done a lot better than I was expecting. The games against Tilburg and Coventry should give us a better indication as to where we are.

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Finny said:
The only thing that is certain at the moment is that every time we lose a game it will be because ".. we weren't physical enough....."

If we were/are in talks with Bordeleau then I can't see anything be agreed for a while. He was in the AHL last season and will surely be looking for at least an AHL try out camp in the hope of getting a shot at the NHL again. You only need look at what has happened to Bissonnette to see it's possible.

If he doesn't get an AHL contract though then he could well fancy a chance in lifestyle and a move to us where he would suddenly be a big fish in a small pond.From what I can work out though, AHL camps aren't until the end of September. So we wouldn't expect any news until October.

Plus, I'd be happy to wait a month to see how we do without an out and out tough guy. Most of the games in September and early October are CC games and we'd have to do pretty disastrous to miss out on qualifying from the group stage. Wait until the AHL camps have cut players and see what we are short of and who is available.

I've also seen people comment that losing Louis for Fitzgerald or Nickerson is a bad trade off. Is it though?
I've been very impressed with Louis in pre-season. But it looks like Hotham-Richardson and Hotham-Fournier will be our top two D lines this year. So both teams would be losing a 3rd line Dman - the only difference being that Louis won't be a waste of an roster spot when he's not fighting.

Sheffield won the league with Fitzgerald last season, but were we really that intimidated against them? I've seen people claim we were but that didn't stop us having a winning record against them. We lost the league because we stopped scoring goals. Especially in Scotland.

I've also read numerous comments from Saturdays game on how good and effective the Haddad-Myers-Lord was. Lord rests himself for the Sunday and people complain that we weren't as physical. Yet some people then suggest the solution is for Lord to go as bench-coach.
Surely the weekend shows us how important Lord still is to our team?

Let's not forget that these two teams we played in the last 10 days are far and away better than anyone we've played in recent years. We've done a lot better than I was expecting. The games against Tilburg and Coventry should give us a better indication as to where we are.
Pretty much agree with this - sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rempel16

I am no longer concerned in the slightest about our toughness!!!! That completes a team that now has all of the tools to bring the league title to Cardiff.

Bring on the season!!

ASHIPP