2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Finny

That would be a very early start to our pre-season. What are the chances of playing away in Zagreb a week later? :Banana :Banana

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Devil94 said:
Some suggestion tonight that we're looking for an import goalie to rotate with Bowns. Personally I wouldn't like to see us go down that route. If it does happen I presume it's more to do with fatigue, but I thought Ben was one of the very players that didn't drop off towards the end of the year. (Semi final aside, where everyone was bad). And we all know he's more than good enough to play out the season on his own.

Surely this can only happen if we get Myers and Davies back, which is possible but I think unlikely.
Todd has just tweeted shutting this rumour down with the following A good source of mine in Cardiff told me this is complete bulls***t...

Devil94

Tinkyadrian said:
Devil94 said:
Some suggestion tonight that we're looking for an import goalie to rotate with Bowns. Personally I wouldn't like to see us go down that route. If it does happen I presume it's more to do with fatigue, but I thought Ben was one of the very players that didn't drop off towards the end of the year. (Semi final aside, where everyone was bad). And we all know he's more than good enough to play out the season on his own.

Surely this can only happen if we get Myers and Davies back, which is possible but I think unlikely.
Todd has just tweeted shutting this rumour down with the following A good source of mine in Cardiff told me this is complete bulls***t...
Yeah saw that. Thank god for that.

Those Medvescak games could only be true... I've checked on EP and from 8 players already announced they have accumulated 855 NHL games, I am genuinely terrified but also excited to see us play a team of that calibre, bring on August :RAWK

Devil_Abroad

It is interesting listening to the weekly Periscope musings of Simms - he's sometimes right and other times not - so listening with an open mind it is quite entertaining

Would love to hear the next convo between him and TK lol

Clarke rumours still ongoing but I'm tending to agree with Simms - why would he leave now?

Mind you, if he did, imagine him and Myers coming to us. If we're competing with KHL now I think we need them even more haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

After last night's Periscope I really am certain there is very little credibilty in what Simms has to say..rumour or fact. Almost get the impression he's embellishing things just for points of discussion. Sorry but he does nothing to enhance the professionalism of this league

Take a leaf from North American hockey pundits discussing the draft and trades. At least that is intelligent debate.

Devil_Abroad

Agree, but he's firmly part of the EIHL inner circle 'club' and so he's here for the long term

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terry hunt

I have been thinking that maybe Stevie Lyle may be coming as Bowns backup.

Old Cardiff Devil returning,experienced goalie coach,GB standard backup and associate of

Ben Bowns,no longer coaching Swindon,TK knows him very well from Belfast days could work

well.

Unfortunately Swindon have lost one of their goalies and TK seems to have good relationships

with Nell so maybe wouldnt sour them.

Still just a thought.

What if they had some sort of rotation/trade Lyle to us and Mike Will to Swindon on a rotation? Would do Will a world of good simply for more ice time. Just a thought that popped into my head

James

Administrator
I'd imagine Lyle is on a reasonable wage as Swindon's starting netminder. I doubt he'd get the same as a backup in the Elite. I'd be more than happy to have Will back.

noodlesboy said:
What if they had some sort of rotation/trade Lyle to us and Mike Will to Swindon on a rotation? Would do Will a world of good simply for more ice time. Just a thought that popped into my head
Who says Will is coming back??