2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35

Devil_Abroad said:
Can't see why everyone is so excited by Neilson to storm. I understand that some fans want to see an enforcer for entertainment value but what else does he bring onto to the ice? (apparently a great asset off the ice)

He hasn't lit the scoreboard anywhere so is he another Westgarth but worse?

Also, 11 teams in 11 years. Is he moved on or restless and wants out.

I'm stumped.
He won't be a Westgarth... He came here to retire! Players like Kevin Harvey and Tim Spencer, even Doug Clarkson have come to the league with similar stats and they've done ok in the EIHL. I can see him being more like someone in that mould - He can fight but I think he'll come here to prove he's more than just an AHL Enforcer, impressive pick-up for me and he'll look after his team mates... He's just the kind of character Manchester Storm need to help grow their fanbase!

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Can't see why everyone is so excited by Neilson to storm. I understand that some fans want to see an enforcer for entertainment value but what else does he bring onto to the ice? (apparently a great asset off the ice)

I'm stumped.
He won't be a Westgarth... He came here to retire! Players like Kevin Harvey and Tim Spencer, even Doug Clarkson have come to the league with similar stats and they've done ok in the EIHL. I can see him being more like someone in that mould - He can fight but I think he'll come here to prove he's more than just an AHL Enforcer, impressive pick-up for me and he'll look after his team mates... He's just the kind of character Manchester Storm need to help grow their fanbase!
Thanks for the update. Seems I may be a little harsh on him and the Storm.

Summer is going to be long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

Devil_Abroad said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Devil_Abroad said:

I'm stumped.
Thanks for the update. Seems I may be a little harsh on him and the Storm.

Summer is going to be long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Players like Neilson will certainly put bums on seats for the Storm.
I like players like this personally, it brings that extra edge of excitement to the game.
And any guy who's beaten up Zack Fitzgerald on multiple occasions is fine by me.

https://youtu.be/hXJiWlK2Rrw

Well I am defiantly looking forward to seeing neilson!
At the moment he is number 1 enforcer in the eihl.

I can't see anyone being close either to be honest.

Brings excitement toughness and stands up for his team as well.

Storm should be happy

Wannabe2

We haven't signed our fighter yet, let's wait and see, think we will sign a fruitcake who can also play, it's always been the Cardiff way, and Todd and Lordo must know that. We have had Waresy, McWilliam, Vother, Salters, NorrIs who were all very tough, but could also contribute.

Wannabe2 said:
We haven't signed our fighter yet, let's wait and see, think we will sign a fruitcake who can also play, it's always been the Cardiff way, and Todd and Lordo must know that. We have had Waresy, McWilliam, Vother, Salters, NorrIs who were all very tough, but could also contribute.
Can't see any team signing a tougher guy than neilson!!

Let's hope if someone do it will be us.
Not banking on it though. Lord will rely on batch and Hendrix which won't be good enough imo

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Can't see any team signing a tougher guy than neilson!!

Let's hope if someone do it will be us.
Not banking on it though. Lord will rely on batch and Hendrix which won't be good enough imo
We haven't signed Hendo yet, unfortunately.

Devil94

I think it's a great signing for the Storm, and something we have been missing the last few years. Not necessarily the toughness, but a franchise player, a face for the club. We tried Deeds, that didn't work out, and then we tried Conboy, and that didn't work out.

We need a player that the people of South Wales who has no interest in Ice Hockey, to have heard the name and know the face.

Interesting interview with Neilson online. He says he's aiming for 10 goals this season. He can obviously play a little to have kept an AHL job for as long as he did, and if he checks hard and plays a fast, physical game then he might be a real asset for Storm.

Said in the interview he wants 3 fights in his first game, and then to watch the rest of it with the fans! Should be interesting.

Sounds like a great guy off the ice (lots of community work), and he is clearly a passionate, entertaining player. I wonder if he's been moved on so often because the on-ice product just wasn't quite up to scratch at AHL level?

I hope he succeeds over here actually. Anyone who works hard for the fans and his team deserves to keep a roster spot somewhere.

Wannabe2

His brother was a very poor player, Brad Gratton, and Trent Anderson both very poor, chuck Robert Millette into the mix and you have the three stoogies. Three extremely poor signings.

Devil94 said:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10245

Would take this guy as ours. His brother played for us, briefly.

Does anyone else ever look at some players stats and just think how on earth did they get as far as they did? I know stats don't show everything, but still, those pretty poor in all levels.

ASHIPP

Devil94 said:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10245

Would take this guy as ours. His brother played for us, briefly.
Now if you were talking Beniot Gratton, that would be a different matter completely!

Wannabe2 said:
His brother was a very poor player, Brad Gratton, and Trent Anderson both very poor, chuck Robert Millette into the mix and you have the three stoogies. Three extremely poor signings.
Always thought Lawless was tucked up on those two, as after reading about the players we were signing in the Echo and then seeing the ones that turned up, i reckon they were different people.

It was Trent Andison if i remember rightly. odd spelling

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Got to disagree slightly here. Trent Andison ( not Anderson ) was useless. He actually tripped over the blue line when first introduced to the crowd at the old arena !! Grafton was a better player. He had a good shot, was tougher than Andison and amazingly was voted man of the match before Lawless gassed him. He came in overweight and out of condition, but given time, could have been a decent signing. Could be wrong ( someone will tell me ) we then went on to sign Cadieux and Ruggles who were outstanding for us. We should have hung on to Cadieux but wouldn't pay what he was asking for.

Wannabe2

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Got to disagree slightly here. Trent Andison ( not Anderson ) was useless. He actually tripped over the blue line when first introduced to the crowd at the old arena !! Grafton was a better player. He had a good shot, was tougher than Andison and amazingly was voted man of the match before Lawless gassed him. He came in overweight and out of condition, but given time, could have been a decent signing. Could be wrong ( someone will tell me ) we then went on to sign Cadieux and Ruggles who were outstanding for us. We should have hung on to Cadieux but wouldn't pay what he was asking for.
Gratton not (Grafton,)

Gratton was the better player for sure, but that wasnt difficult. i do remember he had a big shot, and he was improving, but as the season played out it was proven to be the right decision not to hold out to see if he could be the player required.
I had forgot that it was the season that Cadieux came in. Really liked him and was a shame we didnt get to see him again

"It's funny when you win everything"

Wannabe2 said:
osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Gratton not (Grafton,)
Gratton (not Grafton.)

:D

osh

Wannabe2 said:
osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Gratton not (Grafton,)
Wow !! What a mistake !! An f for a t !! I don't know how I'll get through the weekend :lol: