2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Devil94

Or perhaps Matty Davies from Manchester. On Friday there is a big cross conference transfer, Brit or import I'm not sure. Some rumours of Sacchetti moving south too.

ASHIPP

BostonBart22 said:
Ejercito Rojas said:
God! I hope it's not Hill.
Joe Lewis would be good tho. :D
hill would be a backward step,, hope not. unless he is working in the bar. :lol:
Sorry but if it is Phil Hill or Chris Blight as has been suggested, retrograde step and lack of ambition.
If these players coming to us are not from the Elite League, there are some fantastic young development prospects in EPL, or even lower.....and dont forget British qualified players who are abroad.

drainage

Wouldn't be shocked if it was Ben Davies would be shocked if it was Hill or Max .....loved Max but not sure he can add to team now

Hill ? Not for me sorry

Just re-watched it (sad?...yes I am!) https://www.periscope.tv/w/1PlKQoVNDkNJE

He goes back over it towards the end and sort of suggests its Myers and we can expect a signing on Friday? Said something like he was surprised at us signing this player as he's good (not that we don't deserve him but he is still a good player)....I had the feeling we'll get Shields...but I am now convinced its a return for Myers.

voth26

Devil94 said:
august04 said:
Devil94 said:
Interesting periscope from Simms tonight. Even if you dislike him (I certainly do), the periscopes he does are good. He hinted at an interesting British signing for us, an old guy coming back. He said he was suprised when he heard about it. Anyone else watch it? Could it be Hill/Myers? He wasn't thinking of Ben Davies.

Signing announcement Friday.
Did he hint at the 'old guy coming back' being a Brit, not sure if that's what you mean or an interesting British signing plus an old guy coming back! Could he mean someone like Birbraer?
He did hint at an old guy coming back, and also a Brit signing that he didn't expect. Don't know if it's the same signing though. Don't know which 'old' imports there are to realistically come back. Max would be cheap as he's living here already. Chris Blight?
Could be Faulkner!! Who knows but if it was Mac ID be happy with that

Devil_Abroad

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Definitely sounds like a Brit - one coming back - definitely not Davies - then coy about Myers

So Myers it is then!

I wonder who the BIG import change that's happening between conferences also on Friday?

2 D looking elsewhere - guess Hoth and Hud looking to leave perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Devil_Abroad said:
Definitely sounds like a Brit - one coming back - definitely not Davies - then coy about Myers

So Myers it is then!

I wonder who the BIG import change that's happening between conferences also on Friday?

Big import change - Mathew Sisca moving from Storm? Shane Madolora moving from Nottingham?

Devil_Abroad said:

So Myers it is then!

Doubt it would be Myers signed 3 yr with Panthers to include testimonial which amounts to a fair bit of money
My monies on Craig Peacock!

2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Jeff Ulmer?? I know he's not a Brit but didn't he play for us a few years ago? He said about coming back around the 2016 mark didn't he

James

Administrator

Wonder if Mac might come back? When he left he pretty much planned to return.

So we are signing a Brit from another team!
Also a big surprise player moving from one conference to another?

This includes 4 teams in the league.

So why are people mentioning Faulkner birbraer and Jeff ulmer??

To be honest with you I wouldn't want max Faulkner or Jeff ulmer back..
There all past there best I would like fresh hungry players who will give it there all every shift.

Although the I do have a feeling it's a devils player heading to braehead..

august04

Rabbitohs4 said:

So why are people mentioning Faulkner birbraer and Jeff ulmer??.
Because Simms mentioned an old Devil coming back......and said he thought the new regime didn't sign players from the old days. So people are looking back at players that left before the new ownership took over. He also said he wasn't referring to Ben Davies. I've seen rumours about Will not returning and today read about the workload that Bowns faced last season. I know he's signed for Swindon but what about Stevie Lyle? He still made the GB squad this year with Bowns, perhaps he could back him up and take some of the strain off him, if Will isn't returning. Just a thought.

Devil94

Rabbitohs4 said:
There all past there best I would like fresh hungry players who will give it there all every shift.
And those two wouldn't give it their all??? Pretty certain that Faulks is done now though. Ulmer would definitely have, still a very good player. His experience would be so valuable. I like Chris Blight too, think he trained through last winter.

Could Dougie be the guy ''coming home"?

ASHIPP

Devil94 said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
And those two wouldn't give it their all??? Pretty certain that Faulks is done now though. Ulmer would definitely have, still a very good player. His experience would be so valuable. I like Chris Blight too, think he trained through last winter.

Could Dougie be the guy ''coming home"?
Doug is not classed as a British player though. A return to the Devils for him has been mentioned before. TK once said Clarkson was one of the best team characters he had worked with. Doug's attitude and personality certainly shone in that first season as a Devil.

Devil_Abroad

buzzwagon said:
Devil_Abroad said:

So Myers it is then!

Doubt it would be Myers signed 3 yr with Panthers to include testimonial which amounts to a fair bit of money
My monies on Craig Peacock!
Though Mr Simms said no to that though?

JT666

ASHIPP said:
Doug is not classed as a British player though. A return to the Devils for him has been mentioned before. TK once said Clarkson was one of the best team characters he had worked with. Doug's attitude and personality certainly shone in that first season as a Devil.
Clarkson to return as club captain? I missed Dougie last season, although he would probably readily acknowledge he isn't the best player on the roster, his passion shone through in his first year with us. A real crowd pleaser as well...

Rabbitohs4 said:

So why are people mentioning Faulkner birbraer and Jeff ulmer??

Although the I do have a feeling it's a devils player heading to braehead..
I think its a wind up!
"Return of the Mack" .......Mark Morrison??

The Maxi ship sailed a long time ago!

Jeff Ulmer got to be 40 now