2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

ASHIPP

Panthers' fans underwhelmed with the re-signing of Robert Lachowicz (a player many fans would love on their team) and some think it's announced tonight to soften the blow if Matthew Myers returns to the Devils. Just can't see it myself although I really would love to be proved wrong!

KaneDevils

It's been quoted as a 'returning Brit' so how can it be Boxill, Clarke, O'connor or Garside?

It has to be Ben Davies or Matt Myers?

Not unless it's a returning Brit from past seasons roster.

KaneDevils said:
It's been quoted as a 'returning Brit' so how can it be Boxill, Clarke, O'connor or Garside?

It has to be Ben Davies or Matt Myers?

Not unless it's a returning Brit from past seasons roster.
I understood it to be a Brit who had not played for us before. Steven Lee maybe.

voth26

ASHIPP said:
With Peacock going to the Clan , presumably as No1 British forward, where does this leave Ben Davies?
To be honest im not interested where it leaves Davies, thats Finnertys problem to deal with!!

Just seen Ben Davies and boxhill together walking down the bay...sadly just walking back to their cars after their weekly shop in morrisons!Would love one of the two at the Devils but going on the past two seasons id pick Boxhill over BD.GB Call up, remember him always having decent games against,not the best Brit out there but certainly in top 5,does all the little things well,would be a great 3rd/4th line role guy for us..Lets get Boxhill in,as far as I'm aware wasn't on a 2 year deal with the Giants was he?

ASHIPP

voth26 said:
ASHIPP said:
With Peacock going to the Clan , presumably as No1 British forward, where does this leave Ben Davies?
To be honest im not interested where it leaves Davies, thats Finnertys problem to deal with!!
I think a lot of Devils' fans would be interested if it meant that Peacock's arrival meant that Ben might consider a return to the Devils for a better opportunity.

Sadly I can't see Davies, Myers, Boxhill etc making the move to the Devils. They might have to be offered something special to leave clubs where they are settled.

Would really love to be wrong of course. Got the feeling any additional British players on our roster now will be from EPL or development prospects

august04

Wannabe2 said:
He sure has, he is still in Cardiff as he loves it' here. So pleased he is here next season.
If he is here next season, I hope he doesn't disappear at the business end of the year again. Mind you, he wasn't the only one.

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
Fournier is here nxt year as well?, curious as both he and Doucet not announced as returning
2yr deals that's why, they are here so no need to announce anything, the club announced these guys were on a 2 yr contract.

august04

Wannabe2 said:
55 points last season, if that's disappearing.??? Best sniper in the league.
I sometimes admire your loyalty but you've been watching hockey long enough to know he wasn't the same player the last 6 weeks of the season, games passed him by. The lines chopping and changing didn't help but we struggled to find the right line mates for him all year. And when we eventually did, we swapped and changed again! I stand by my comment - he disappeared at the business end of the season.

august04 said:
Wannabe2 said:
I sometimes admire your loyalty but you've been watching hockey long enough to know he wasn't the same player the last 6 weeks of the season, games passed him by. The lines chopping and changing didn't help but we struggled to find the right line mates for him all year. And when we eventually did, we swapped and changed again! I stand by my comment - he disappeared at the business end of the season.
Didn't Lord say he had been playing injured in the playoff interview?

august04

fried egg said:
august04 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Didn't Lord say he had been playing injured in the playoff interview?
Yes, he was injured during the playoffs but I'm talking way before then during the league campaign run in. As I said, he wasn't on his own though in fairness.

Wannabe2

august04 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Your eyes ain't my eyes buddy, I certainly did think he was the player he was earlier in the season, yes we imploded as a team but certain individuals were let down by other certain individuals