2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Foxy

Re: 2015/2016 Rumour thread of ultimate glory - All teams

Probably be flamed for this but think id prefer Peacock or Lacho from Nottingham.

Sheincar

Foxy said:
Probably be flamed for this but think id prefer Peacock or Lacho from Nottingham.
Oh I'm with you re Lacho but always thought he'd link up will with Ben as they're both speedy.

Ocko

Or maybe wants to prove himself after falling out of favour? If he does, kudos to him. Always room on a roster for someone who wants to try. With the extra import we could run a fourth line of Mychan, CJ and Piggsy or Ben Davies (if he returns). Although it's unlikely, it would be pretty cool.

Mooney#16

I don't actually buy that Jesse fell out of favour or there being any conspiracy surrounding him. Seemed that sadly for him he just ended up as the odd one out with Tathinen coming in to fix some issues Jesse doesn't have the skill set to fix. I would hate for fans to think of Jesse as the other guy after he played a major roll in the season and contributed some big performances. In desperation for success I think Lordo thought he had found his winning formula in the line up and was reluctant to change hence Jesse didn't get a look in but I wouldn't say it's actually a reflection of how Lordo rates Jesse as a player. It was more about line combinations at a crucial part of the season. Next year is a new year and who knows on the right line Jesse could light it up and another player could be sitting. Seems Jesse acknowledges that and respects the sort of club the Devils have now become and still wants to be a part of it. Good for him and speaks volumes about his character. Character required to be successful and a good team mate.

DevilDom

Not sure what happened with Mychan I liked him and he always seemed to put 100% in. He obviously suffered a little with injuries and maybe as he had a similar role to Dougie he fell out of favour when Tathiten came in as the emphasis on how Lord wanted the team to play changed. I would have him back but it obviously has to be right for the team as a whole.

Mooney#16

Last summer they all did. So did the fans in fairness. Then something happened.

Skippy

bluedevil said:
Has a player ever said to a fan that they don't want to return?
Who was the guy who left Hull ( I'm pretty sure it was them) and was interviewed saying how much he hated the city and most of the fans a few seasons ago ?

kettdevil1

Rempel16 said:
Matt Suderman?
That was the chap, had a classic meltdown in the away game up there just before he went.

From a Devils perspective, taking out last year, the only player I have ever heard being negative towards us and not wanting to return was Dennis Maxwell.....

jenks33

kettdevil1 said:
Rempel16 said:
Matt Suderman?
That was the chap, had a classic meltdown in the away game up there just before he went.

From a Devils perspective, taking out last year, the only player I have ever heard being negative towards us and not wanting to return was Dennis Maxwell.....
What did Maxwell say about us? I remember a player for us in the late 90's called Kory Mullin who had far from complimentary things to say about the City