2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Ocko

Re: 2014/2015 Rumour Thread of doom!

Mooney#16 said:
In two years time we wouldn't have needed him anyway. With the import rule change myself I think Ben is a fool to have not gone abroad but his call. Sack the agent.
Great attitude to British players there. Don't worry about whether he is good enough or not he's not needed because we can fill the lines with foreigners instead. Regardless if we have unlimited imports in a few years Ben has more than earned his position on a EIHL team on his ability not because he is british.

ASHIPP

Clearly some folks on here havent moved on.If those posters aren't prepared to put a bit of faith in Whis's recruitment experience, then they may as well move their hockey allegiance to Steelers, Clan or Blaze....or wherever else our former Devils' players happen to be and relive
previous seasons.

Whis is rebuilding the team.....virtually from scratch. He's told us that. He's told us how challenging it's going to be. We're not stupid enough to believe we will be getting ex-NHL or AHL players. He will get a team together...........a top8 finish is what he is aiming for. Completely realistic given the circumstances. The choice is to accept it and get behind the idea and stop dredging up the past. Or support another team....or none.

Mooney#16

You got me painted wrong there. I am disgusted at the import change. It was sarcasm at the reality of that ruling being a British player in years could have been pushed out. If he was going to leave Cardiff anyway them seeking the biggest pay day possible in a better league would have been my course but it's his career to do with what he wants.

Temme

ASHIPP said:
Clearly some folks on here havent moved on.If those posters aren't prepared to put a bit of faith in Whis's recruitment experience, then they may as well move their hockey allegiance to Steelers, Clan or Blaze....or wherever else our former Devils' players happen to be and relive
previous seasons.

Whis is rebuilding the team.....virtually from scratch. He's told us that. He's told us how challenging it's going to be. We're not stupid enough to believe we will be getting ex-NHL or AHL players. He will get a team together...........a top8 finish is what he is aiming for. Completely realistic given the circumstances. The choice is to accept it and get behind the idea and stop dredging up the past. Or support another team....or none.

But the knock-on effect of this moving into the new arena is MASSIVE.

I will continue to travel to Cardiff to watch hockey purely for the love of the sport, much like how I won't miss an NHL game. Cardiff is my nearest rink, and i take a good interest in the club/EIHL in general.

It's been kept no secret that he is rebuilding 'virtually from scratch', however Rome wasn't built in a day, and a team isn't built in a season.

I just hope we see some entertaining hockey at the tent next year, and make it up to play-off weekend. Knowing that we won't be challenging for a title next year is disheartening, yes, but as long as i'm kept entertained on a Saturday/Sunday evening for my ST money then i'll be happy.

On-topic, Sheffield to make an announcement of a new player at 06:00 tomorrow morning. Richie? - apparently not (David Simms twitter) Weller? - unlikely.

Nobody has a real clue about this one...

ASHIPP

Goertzen leaves the Steelers. His agency confirms he has signed for another Elite League team for next season. Simmsey says it isn't the Clan.
Belfast, Nottingham or Coventry anyone?

ASHIPP said:
Goertzen leaves the Steelers. His agency confirms he has signed for another Elite League team for next season. Simmsey says it isn't the Clan.
Belfast, Nottingham or Coventry anyone?
Coventry.

Have Hope#35

Just saw Chris Frank in Cardiff town centre... Can we read anything into that or does Junodog still live here and he's visiting!?

Another sponser signs up to support the Devils,which is great news.
However we need some good news this week of one or two signings.
Does anybody know any possible players coming in. :

Have Hope#35 said:
Just saw Chris Frank in Cardiff town centre... Can we read anything into that or does Junodog still live here and he's visiting!?
I'd have Chris back this season. He wasn't the most technically skilled defender the world has ever seen, but my word could he hit! We haven't had someone who could rattle the boards like him since he left. He is also a good fighter and a great character to have in the team. The only thing that used to bug me about him is when he got the red mist. You just knew a big penalty was coming!

Finny

Have Hope#35 said:
Getting married in Cardiff soon. Think he still lives here too.

Have Hope#35

Finny said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Could be worth another punt if he's living here then!? He'd certainly make us a lot tougher!

Wannabe2

Have Hope#35 said:
Finny said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Could be worth another punt if he's living here then!? He'd certainly make us a lot tougher!
Seeing as we have only signed Bowns, I would make the team tougher. :lol:

shoes_off said:
Have Hope#35 said:
I'd have Chris back this season. He wasn't the most technically skilled defender the world has ever seen, but my word could he hit! We haven't had someone who could rattle the boards like him since he left. He is also a good fighter and a great character to have in the team. The only thing that used to bug me about him is when he got the red mist. You just knew a big penalty was coming!
Frank was such a good fighter that he backed down every time Nickerson offerred him to go and Nickerson offerred every time Fife played Braehead and Bergin had to fight Nickerson instead, even with a broken hand.

Thing is, Nickerson isn't even that good a fighter!

Ocko

buzzwagon said:
Frank will be back in Braehead next season
And who could blame him. Who in their right mind would leave a fantastic organisation like Braehead to play in the BBT for Ragan after being at the Clan?

Rempel16

A d-corps of Frank and Nickerson could be fun.... Sign Jon Mirasty as well and we may end up 8/9/10 but at least we'd be entertaining for it!