2014/2015 Player movement rumours

Ocko

He would be a great addition to the league.

But in all seriousness do the Giants need a 12th import when they have Murphy, Shields, D & K Philips and Peacock? If they do sign a 12th who is going to sit? I mean they dont have any players who I could imagine would be too happy warming a bench out of the current 9 forwards and 6 D.

I know it's a testiment to the depth they had but there also has to be a certain level of team harmony and if a star is sitting out I cant see it going down well. It's not as if we play a punishing schedule like the North American leagues to really justify it either.

Ocko said:
He would be a great addition to the league.

But in all seriousness do the Giants need a 12th import when they have Murphy, Shields, D & K Philips and Peacock? If they do sign a 12th who is going to sit? I mean they dont have any players who I could imagine would be too happy warming a bench out of the current 9 forwards and 6 D.

I know it's a testiment to the depth they had but there also has to be a certain level of team harmony and if a star is sitting out I cant see it going down well. It's not as if we play a punishing schedule like the North American leagues to really justify it either.
dont forget Garside, maybe we dont but its handy having that card to play, for instance if Smurf picks up an injury cover can come in straight away or any other player for that matter :cool:

Temme

from THF - Tendler to leave Coventry.

Don't know if there's any foundation in this...

but my bet would be he's being released, as he must be highly paid & is underperforming.

Then he'll re-sign in Hull as they have a vacant import slot iirc!

ASHIPP

Rumours that Steven Goertzen could be leaving Coventry.

Rob Ricci has been released by Dundee and former Dundee player Nico Sachetti also released by his club in Europe.

All good forwards , all natural goalscorers, - wouldnt be suprised to see them elsewhere in the league. Simmsey did tweet that the 'merrygoround' is starting again.

Temme

From my experience November is always the same, ~20 games into the season and you have a realistic judge of who's performing, wouldn't surprise me if more players are gassed in November than any other month!

As a devils fan it's nice to have no part of it this year, I want every single player on that team to stay!

ASHIPP

robbo2306 said:
Steven Goertzen is not a natural goalscorer. His primary attributes are his defensive play and work rate.
He is the sort of player most teams here would be happy to have on their roster. Sometimes good players join clubs and do not perform to expectation if they are unhappy or their skills are not utilised by the coach in the right way. Isnt he one of Blaze's top point scorers?

Temme said:
................... ~20 games into the season and you have a realistic judge of who's performing, wouldn't surprise me if more players are gassed in November than any other month!

As a devils fan it's nice to have no part of it this year, I want every single player on that team to stay!
Don't you want to progress? Do you think our team is as good as it can be? Is each player performing up to expectations?
I'm really enjoying watching the Devils play but I'd never say "No", to a change that might bring improvement.

Mooney#16

This season no. The Devils reputation needs restoring and this Devils side is performing just as requested of them and that was to compete and restore some pride in playing in the jersey. The arena teams are spoiling for a fight on the signings front so to me whilst this team still occupies the BBT and sponsorship and season ticket finance gulf exists unsettling the roster with moves seems like a false economy.

Next season. Different gravy I agree.

Have Hope#35

schulersagoodun said:
Temme said:
................... ~20 games into the season and you have a realistic judge of who's performing, wouldn't surprise me if more players are gassed in November than any other month!

Don't you want to progress? Do you think our team is as good as it can be? Is each player performing up to expectations?
I'm really enjoying watching the Devils play but I'd never say "No", to a change that might bring improvement.
No... I wouldn't want to unsettle this team, it could be our trump card moving forward as I reckon things will only improve once everyone's fit! If Biz changes his mind and joins up with us then it'd be an extra that I'd welcome, otherwise I'm happy as things are!

Have Hope#35 said:
schulersagoodun said:
Temme said:

No... I wouldn't want to unsettle this team, it could be our trump card moving forward as I reckon things will only improve once everyone's fit! If Biz changes his mind and joins up with us then it'd be an extra that I'd welcome, otherwise I'm happy as things are!
.........so , if I understand you....you would be happy to see a change
( e.g. Bissonette) if you considered it would improve the team.

Have Hope#35

Not a change... An addition! We were going to carry him as a 12th man, if the same option came up again I think the club would jump at the chance! However I wouldn't want anyone cut and I don't think we'd take anyone else on as an extra import other than Biz.