2013/14 fixtures

Temme

Thread starter #1
Can't find a link to only our fixtures, so here they are in full:

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/fixtures-s12347

We have a Belfast double header at the beginning of Nov, and a scottish triple again!!!

Also, we have a game on halloween and one on St. davids day, are we expecting special jerseys for these do you guys think??

ASHIPP

And the usual Christmas double header against Blaze plus 3 consecutive home games again the hollywood teams
:D
Opening weekend stinks though...all the way to Fife first followed by home to Giants next night. :(

After a quick look through - start off up in Scotland on a Saturday with home game on Sunday, and this happens again on the 3rd weekend - not ideal but guess this has to happen at some point. This happens twice more during the season so another Scottish double header would have been more ideal to cut down on this.

Can only see 3 games away to Belfast? Double header which is great, and the other is a Friday night with our next game being home on the Sunday which is good.

Clash on the 30th Nov with Wales v Australia in the stadium which kicks off at 6pm with our home game v Nottingham at 7pm. There's also one home game on a Six Nations day although we're away to Ireland at 2.30pm so no big deal there.

Looks like Nottingham have gone for their usual doubling up of League / CC fixture against us in the NIC. I think a lot of fans said they'd like to see CC fixture wrapped up earlier in the season but stupidly, there's a big gap between our 5th game in the competition (31st Oct) and our final game (1st Dec). Still earlier than previous seasons but would have been good to get them done by November and then semi's / final before Christmas.

Don't think it's too bad in terms of fixture congestion with the Scottish triple header which obviously benifits us travel-wise being the only time we play 3 nights in a row (subject to us progressing in the CC).

Only other thing I noticed was we don't play Coventry in the league until November 16th with the other 7 league fixtures against them all from Boxing Day onwards. Think it's spread out a bit more evenly with the other teams though.

Overall - I think it's the best we could have hoped for. Obviously the Cardiff City fixtures coming out will be interesting to see if there's clashes there that might affect us although that might be more when the Sky fixtures come out as initially they'll probably just all say 3pm Saturday / 7.45pm Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sheincar

Wagstaff said:
Pre Season matches against us (Blaze) 31st August - SkyDome, 1st September - BBT
No disrespect to you & Blaze BUT oh no not again! Would love to see a different team for a change.

All CC games grouped very early on, i understand they want it done and dusted by X date, but 3 out of 4 in September home games are CC???

Lot to fork out if you're a ST holder?

ASHIPP

This season could be a great match up against the Blaze. They have some solid signings and hopefully both teams will have rebuilt well. Pre-season games against them are usually the cost cutting practical option for both clubs....still enjoyable games.

As for our official league and conference games against the other 4 teams , it`s looking like it could be a real bun fight....with Panthers surely favorites again.

voth26

Red Army Travel said:
voth26 said:
probably me but when is the first double header in scotland and which teams
There is a Triple Header in January. We have set a thread up separately for this game. Head over there for into :)
cheers, im gonna try and get to my first scotland games

I can't wait!! The last triple header was brilliant. Even if the only thing I remember is singing the proclaimers on the kareoke in Dundee's bar Haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

In 26 years if watching the devils I have never seen a face off time of 12.11!! But its there this year at Dundee! Make sure if you're going that you're not late!! :lol:

Earnie

I don't have a problem playing Blaze for warm up games every year.
They are our closest ELITE team and invariably match us well and we have a cracking game which could go either way.

Odense would be a good match-up I think.

The Blaze will give us the best match fo'sho' but 2 preseason games, 8 league games and 2 challenge cup games as it stands...

Get used to that cow bell.

Gaz G

Personally very happy with the fixtures. Still the odd grumble but can't help think that the club is moving in the right direction.