2013/14 fixtures

Wannabe2

The club used to run a van with all the players kit in it to avoid that very problem, don't know the logistics but if I worked then, the kit guys used to sort it.

Ger-Devils

Wannabe2 said:
The club used to run a van with all the players kit in it to avoid that very problem, don't know the logistics but if I worked then, the kit guys used to sort it.
Not sure the option is available anymore. Remember the Belfast issue about 3 years back?

Maybe stopped due to this?

Finny

Too early to tell whether any of Cardiff City's games will clash if moved for Sky, but one problem date could be:

Sun 9th March: England v Wales @ 3pm
Devils v Blaze @ 6pm

Could have an affect on attendance?

DevilDom

Finny said:
Too early to tell whether any of Cardiff City's games will clash if moved for Sky, but one problem date could be:

Sun 9th March: England v Wales @ 3pm
Devils v Blaze @ 6pm

Could have an affect on attendance?
Sounds perfect to me. Afternoon in the pub watching the Rugby then down to the BBT with the vocal cords well lubricated for the Blaze game!

voth26

Ger-Devils said:
osh said:
1st league game in Fife. It's very important to get off to a good start so I wonder will they do the usual for the team i.e. travel up by coach ( how many hours ? ) play the game and then immediately travel back to Cardiff !! Or, do they fly up, stay overnight and fly back ( much more refreshed ) and in better condition for the home game on Sunday. Flights and accommodation about £150/£160 a head plus transport costs to and from Edinburgh/Kircaldy return. I wonder?!
The biggest issue is cost of kit bags going on flights. They're not cheap. They couldn't get every weekend spot on. It does happen from time to time.

I priced them up last season for the club and the costs are unreal. You know when the team fly in to Belfast City airport- the bus to the hotel is shockingly expensive for a 2minute journey!
when the guys fly do they have to pay excess weight, as im guessing the kitbags are well overweight allowed

osh

They would be liable for excess baggage on a flight to Edinburgh. However, previously a van travelled up with all the equipment, met the team at the rink and then travelled back after the game.

Can someone confirm the home and away preseason games v Blaze please? Our website is showing us as playing home on Sat 31st Aug and away on Sun 1st Sept but Coventry's website are showing the fixtures the other way around.

Won't be happy if we're home on the Sunday as I want to go and see the Steve Vai concert at St David's Hall :RAWK

wildthing74

Devildrums said:
Can someone confirm the home and away preseason games v Blaze please? Our website is showing us as playing home on Sat 31st Aug and away on Sun 1st Sept but Coventry's website are showing the fixtures the other way around.

Won't be happy if we're home on the Sunday as I want to go and see the Steve Vai concert at St David's Hall :RAWK
I'm 99% sure it's home on the Saturday Mike but I will find out for sure now.

wildthing74 said:
Devildrums said:

I thought the press release said home game on Sunday? Could be wrong...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

danhall76 said:
wildthing74 said:
Devildrums said:

I thought the press release said home game on Sunday? Could be wrong...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Just checked again to make sure I didn't misread it - our site is advertising (fixtures page and on the main page) that our home game is Saturday as Jon has suggested but Coventry's site contradicts this - they have us playing at the Skydome on Saturday and in Cardiff on Sunday. Needs to be sorted out pronto as one of the clubs is wrong and will need to amend their site.

I've e-mailed Brent - I'll advise of the outcome as and when I hear from him.

Just gone through my diary for the coming season to see how many games my ST will allow me with my shiftwork. I will say a big thankyou to whomever was in charge as I am only due to miss 3 games which I may be able to get off work anyway!
Result!
Happy hockey days indeed!

Aren't we playing esjberg on the 31st of august, cov away on Sunday and then cov home on Wednesday 4th? Think that's in one of the 'Danish invasion' article

The fixtures I've been sent for the Red Army Runners website contradict it further,

The most up to date information I've got is :
Wednesday 28th August - Away Coventry 19:30 face off
Saturday 31st August - Home Esbjerg 18:00 face off
Wednesday 4th Sept - Home Coventry no face off time given

One of the reasons I made our own calendar was because of The Devils website not being updated with fixture changes or additional games throughout the season.

Any changes to dates or face off times that are made I can update our calendar straight away which in turn will update your phone the next time you synchronise.

Mike, once it's been confirmed please can you let me know the dates and times so that I can update our calendar too.

Thanks, Gerald.

Gerald,

You can ignore my posting on this thread - it was made before the mini tournament v Esjberg and Coventry was organised - the dates I referred to go back to when we were simply due to play Blaze home and away.