2012/13 Confirmed Signings - All teams

i dont see wots so special about this guy yeah hes had 3 call ups to the big time and played 68 games but 2 goals 2 assist in that time he doesnt look good to me unless his physical game makes up for the lack of points and also his +/- is -21 for nhl liability or not :?: oh yeah i forgot to but thats in my opinion so i dont get attacked (of course its my opinion thats why im writing it)

Have Hope#35

nebarton666 said:
i dont see wots so special about this guy yeah hes had 3 call ups to the big time and played 68 games but 2 goals 2 assist in that time he doesnt look good to me unless his physical game makes up for the lack of points and also his +/- is -21 for nhl liability or not :?: oh yeah i forgot to but thats in my opinion so i dont get attacked (of course its my opinion thats why im writing it)
Some of the Sheffield fans seem to agree with you... When he was rumoured to be going to them before it was confirmed they were questioning his figures too! 4 points in 68 NHL games as a forward makes him look like a flop imho?
At first I was a bit disappointed that we got Devin and not someone like him... Having had time to think about it and look at stats and video's i'm very pleased to be welcoming Didio to the BBT :twisted:

Skippy

Thread starter #183
Have Hope#35 said:
Some of the Sheffield fans seem to agree with you... When he was rumoured to be going to them before it was confirmed they were questioning his figures too! 4 points in 68 NHL games as a forward makes him look like a flop imho?
At first I was a bit disappointed that we got Devin and not someone like him... Having had time to think about it and look at stats and video's i'm very pleased to be welcoming Didio to the BBT :twisted:
Its hard to judge Weller only put up 14 points in 95 games NHL games.

I think Didio will be a better fit for us :)

Have Hope#35

skippy said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Its hard to judge Weller only put up 14 points in 95 games NHL games.

I think Didio will be a better fit for us :)
I agree and don't get me wrong I expect Goertzen to be impressive in the EIHL... I was looking at it from an NHL point of view. Just don't think he's as big a signing as he appears to be! I would still pick Weller over him and we still need an offensive D'man. Here's dreaming ;)

Just throwing it out there...I think he'll be similar to Max Birbraer.

Should be good for 15-20 goals even though hasn't been brought in to score. You don't play that many games in the NHL/AHL without being disciplined at both ends of the ice.

Should comfortably shore up the second line alongside Shields and the final import....or plenty of options to go with Pecker and Legue. Although a line of Goertzen - Hewitt - Michel would make me smile a lot.

Skippy

Thread starter #186
There's a bit from Finnerty in the Sta on the signing that seems to sum up what he's going to do for the Steelers pretty well

“We haven’t signed this guy to be our top scorer but a big power forward who fore checks hard and plays with an edge. You don’t play where Steve has played if you’re not something special.”

( Star )

As someone to create space for Legue he'll do a job

Skippy

Thread starter #191
zoesdevil said:
skippy said:
Blaze new signing offensive d-man Michael Schutte.
He's a great signing, he's got better stats in te AHL than most forwards in EIHL had there!!!
The Blaze are looking really good so far and this guy just makes em all the better.

Will be some cracking games against the Blaze this season I think.

zoesdevil

skippy said:
zoesdevil said:
skippy said:
Blaze new signing offensive d-man Michael Schutte.
He's a great signing, he's got better stats in te AHL than most forwards in EIHL had there!!!
The Blaze are looking really good so far and this guy just makes em all the better.

Will be some cracking games against the Blaze this season I think.
For me Blaze are favourites for the southern league IMO!!

Koop11

Blaze’s recent signing doesn’t really worry me. Credit to his early career playing a lot of AHL but at 33 and having not played at that level for some time I’m not sure he is going to be the player he once was.

Blaze have signed an interesting team so far but for me on paper both us and certainly Sheffield look stronger than Coventry in our conference. Games against the Coventry are going to be fun though that’s for sure.