2012/13 Confirmed Signings - All teams

So Neilsons the panthers most active tough guy over the last three seasons :DWD
Could be a long season for CN with other teams tough guys lining up the Panthers most offensive( :lol: ) D man :twisted:

DevilDom

danhall76 said:
If this is the guy they are relying on to protect the team they are in for a rough season!!
I reckon they will be going for the squeelers approach and rely on the EIHL disciplinary committee to protect their team. Expect long bans for our players if they step out of line!

Ger-Devils

Caps sign Brit D man Willie Nicholson. Off their Facebook. Coach goes onto say about imports

Nicolson returns to Capitals camp.
Willie Nicolson returns to the Edinburgh Capitals for the 2012/13 season and is determined to make his mark as an Elite league defence man. At 22 years old Nicolson is looking for this season to be a break out year and believes Edinburgh coach Richard Hartmann can get the best out of his abilities.
Nicolson said, “I am really looking forward to working with Rich
ard at the Caps this season. I believe he will take me to the next level and help me to develop my game. I am really looking forward to the start of the season and I am working hard in training so that I can be prepared from the start.
Richard Hartmann said, “Willie Nicolson will add depth and competition for our defensive core. I am keen to go with three lines of defence this season on a consistent basis and it is important to develop a large squad, competition for places and the development of younger players for the future. Willie has had some setbacks with injury but he has been working hard during the summer and this will help him deliver a solid year. He has talent and I want to get the best out of all my players.
As for the imports I would ask our fans to please remain patient. Some other teams have built formidable squads and we are working to build a squad that can compete. There are very good reasons why we are waiting and we are keeping a good part of our budget for some quality additions.
I appreciate this may be frustrating for fans but we are doing this in the best interests of the club to get the best team we possibly can.

How many more imports do Sheffield have to sign?

They've got some team toughness but they don't really have anyone to protect the team at the mo.

Better get Sharp on the phone :lol:

Nottingham, Blaze, Devils and Hull i believe have finished, Steelers are going to start with 10 imports by all accounts and assess after a few games what they need.

Belfast have 2 left to sign most likely 1 forward and 1 defenceman, the northern conference still have plenty of players left to sign, Edinburgh have only 3 imports at the minute hopefully they will ice a competitive team this year whilst Fife and Dundee continue to add.

voth26

Rempel16 said:
http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/belfast-to-ice-champagne/

The Giants sign Scott Champagne - decent signing for them and their forward pack is starting to look a little tasty now....

Rycroft remains the key for me as he looks hit or miss - could follow Pelle in his Cardiff season but could just as easily follow Mclean in his Coventry season. I think depending on how Rycroft turns out will determine Giants season.
Didnt champagne switch from the panthers to a del team!! last season when he was injured, I think I read somewhere that dc has tied him down contractually so he cant do it again?

voth26

jimmy snels said:
Rempel16 said:

i vaguely remember him being a bit of a hand bag. didn't tylor hammer farmer and eventually he stood up and hurt himself fighting sawyer a few years ago?
I think hand is their main enforcer because smith sure as hell aint, i think rays signed smith as he has that winning mentality having won championships in various leagues