10/11 Rumours thread - Entirely truthful 10% of the time...

what are the addresses for the agents where you can see what players are moving where? i remember looking at them last off season but cant remember what they were.

Finny

Gazza272 said:
Me thinks there may have been a little bit of fun had over the last couple of weeks by some Devils players.

Osaer and Voth are very good friends and the rumour was 'Steelers sign one ex and one current Devil' Other rumours suggest Osaer was telling people he had already signed for sheffield over playoff weekend, yet on his teams website and Elite prospects today we get this quote.

Goalkeeper Phil Osaer has signed a two-year contract with Sparta, while defender Håvard Mathisen Bøe continues.
Phil had a save percentage of 91.75% in the series the game and the 93.35% in the playoffs this season and is thus in his third and fourth season for Sparta iskrigere.

So Osaer has re signed in Norway. Maybe a little bit of Start the rumour by a couple of players looking forward to their summer? :lol:
Wasn't Osaer 'definately' signing for the Steelers after being at the Playoffs as their guest? I would laugh my head off if he has somehow tricked Uncle Bob to fly him over and give him a weekend holiday in Nottingham for absolutely nothing! :lol:

ASHIPP

The Devil said:
This is 100% truth... A CHL-er has signed for an EIHL team... Former Amarillo Gorilla Stuart MacRae... Clan?
Amarillo is Matt Miller's old team - but I can't tell you if Matt played at the same time as this guy. :?

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
The Devil said:
This is 100% truth... A CHL-er has signed for an EIHL team... Former Amarillo Gorilla Stuart MacRae... Clan?
Amarillo is Matt Miller's old team - but I can't tell you if Matt played at the same time as this guy. :?
Nope. Matt had left by the time MacRae joined.

ASHIPP said:
The Devil said:
Just a season out... Miller: 07-08, MacRae: 2008-2010... Not bad numbers really... over a point per game in 08-09 and just under a ppg in 09-10...

ASHIPP

With a name like that, he'd have to be going to a Scottish team! :lol: Could be anywhere.
No doubt Calder will already have his eyes on several players from the UK clubs and abroad. Can't wait to see what announcements there. :eek:

ASHIPP

b.goldberg said:
Bobby robbins to devils
peter campbell to devils
paul deniset to giants
Now I like reading that! Would have thought Giants would also have been interested in Robbins again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peter Campbell a possible target for the Devils last year?

Chris Allen also rumoured to be coming back to UK - linked with Nottingham and Newcastle

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
b.goldberg said:
Bobby robbins to devils
peter campbell to devils
paul deniset to giants
Now I like reading that! Would have thought Giants would also have been interested in Robbins again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Peter Campbell a possible target for the Devils last year?

Chris Allen also rumoured to be coming back to UK - linked with Nottingham and Newcastle

Campbell agreed a deal and pulled out last minute when his old mate Mike Ellis offered him more money in Italy.

Yeh he was but pulled out at last minute stay in denmark.But quality player campbell put loads points up and would do well in elite league again.

Dont know if Robbins would be back in Giants colours, signed last season when we were had injuries and left for a better offer without playing, but we got Szwez instead so its sweet :) and yeah Cook did say that and i so hope its true, I'd say this is the best our D has been in a long time.

I don't think I've seen these on here but I've heard that Prpich might be coming back. (personally, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one!!) I've also heard that Sgroi's name has been bandied about abit.
I don't think that Brad will be coming back next year. If he's getting married in the summer and his other half is staying over in Canada I don't think he will be anywhere in the Elite league.
If you believed half the rumours whilst up in Nottingham though you'd think that they were just having our team from this season, plus Phil Osaer. Jealous steelers fans making it all up maybe!?! :lol:

Rempel16

Sgroi seemed to know Smithy very well so that could help shift things along if we are looking at him. Someone i certainly wouldn't mind to replace Voth if he doesn't come back.

So anyone got anything rumour wise about Colt King yet? Or am I just hoping for him to sign so much that I have now got it in my head that it's a legit rumour? :D

ASHIPP

hockeyrocker26 said:
I've heard that Prpich might be coming back. (personally, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one!!) :lol:
Backward step, IMHO. :? Prpch was another player who showed at times he only turned up mentally when he wanted to. If he did come back, he'd need to be playing on the same line as guys like Ryan :cool: and Killer :cool: who would ensure that he would HAVE to bring his A game every time.

Steelers' fans seem to have ruled out Sgroi's return because he is allegedly asking a lot of money but he is a character and averaged 1 point per game last season. It sounds already from G's plans that the Devils' organisation are playing prudent and smart with the budgets.