10/11 Rumours thread - Entirely truthful 10% of the time...

voth26

Tad Mcmorrow was 2nd in league for pm's he also admitted that "he's always looking to go" in a game, he doesnt put up as many points as brad, doesnt have as much ice time as brad,can you see a pattern building (where is he now ref recent speculation in America!!) over the last 5yrs Brad has developed his game as well as enhancing the devils reputation at the same time. his pm's have been because of who he is and that's BRAD VOTH, if you look at the things players like campbell,cruickshank,bergin have done where were their bans I'll tell you where in the eihl bin. I accept that brad's not everybodys cup of tea and we all have a favorite, but brad has done more for the devils than any other player

osh

voth26 said:
Tad Mcmorrow was 2nd in league for pm's he also admitted that "he's always looking to go" in a game, he doesnt put up as many points as brad, doesnt have as much ice time as brad,can you see a pattern building (where is he now ref recent speculation in America!!) over the last 5yrs Brad has developed his game as well as enhancing the devils reputation at the same time. his pm's have been because of who he is and that's BRAD VOTH, if you look at the things players like campbell,cruickshank,bergin have done where were their bans I'll tell you where in the eihl bin. I accept that brad's not everybodys cup of tea and we all have a favorite, but brad has done more for the devils than any other player

Brads been great for the Devils for sure. Not so sure that he has ' done more for the Devils than any other player' though. Moria, Mc, Lawless, Cooper Bros, Vez, etc etc, but maybe I've got it wrong.

I'd hope to see Brad back next year, although I'm fairly sure he's going back to Canada to get married. Every year the rumours start flying about him signing for Sheffield but I can't imagine ever seeing that happening.

Same with Finnerty, he's got another year on his contract so I don't think he'll be going anywhere. He's been a solid performer for most of the season.

Stevie too, I think has another year on his contract so I'm sure he'll be back. I hope we can keep him for a long time, a Brit netminder of his quality is such a brilliant asset to the team, since it allows us to ice an extra import skater.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Davies, Symonds, Hayes and Crisp were to start looking elsewhere due to lack of ice time. I know the two latter are relatively inexperienced, especially in the top league in the UK but how are they supposed to develop their skillset and gain game experience with no ice time?

Tad#

voth26 said:
Just thought I should clear things up, I'm not saying I don't like him cause I do, he's done a lot of good things at devils. I'm simply saying being Brad Voth comes at a cost, he can act dangerous where he could easily end another players career through injury. Thankfully he's never done that and I'm sure he really would be upset if he did, but thats the side of him other clubs and fans don't like.

Finny said:
It does appear the Wagecap has been scrapped. In which case expect Bob to do his usual trick of spend as much money as possible in the hope it brings the fans back.
Which could give the Brad to Steelers rumours a lot more credibility. I dread to think how much he has been offered to move to them.
Dangerous game to play especially if it doesn't get the fans back. Osaer will have already cost them a fair chunck of change.

DevilDom

Not sure whether I should post this as its not even a rumour - just a gut feeling after tonights farewell bash.

I watched a number of players when it was announced that G would be retained for next year and I would be very surprised if we saw Jarvis and perhaps Romfo and Hartwick back next year. I also noticed that Jarvis left shortly after the annoucement. Really hope i'm wrong because I know a few teams would snap those guys up in an instance.

Tad# said:
Just thought I should clear things up, I'm not saying I don't like him cause I do, he's done a lot of good things at devils. I'm simply saying being Brad Voth comes at a cost, he can act dangerous where he could easily end another players career through injury. Thankfully he's never done that and I'm sure he really would be upset if he did, but thats the side of him other clubs and fans don't like.
I cant say i have ever sat and watched Voth do something and thought, that was stupid he could have ended that guys career, sometimes when he gets VERY pee'd off he will do something silly, but i wouldn't say he goes that far.

DevilDom said:
Not sure whether I should post this as its not even a rumour - just a gut feeling after tonights farewell bash.

I watched a number of players when it was announced that G would be retained for next year and I would be very surprised if we saw Jarvis and perhaps Romfo and Hartwick back next year. I also noticed that Jarvis left shortly after the annoucement. Really hope i'm wrong because I know a few teams would snap those guys up in an instance.
I never really thought we would see Jarvis or Hartwick back next year. They are both coming to the end of their studies here in Cardiff and it would seem to be a likely time for them to move on. I would love to see Jarvis back.

Kipper

DevilDom said:

Jarvis,Romfo and Hartwick have all been here on University deals and are on less money as a result. Once they finish their courses, it is likely they will move on. That was the attraction of being here in the first place. Playing hockey and free education. Romfo and Hartwick left early because they have Uni tests tomorrow. Suspect Jarvis may have been in the same boat. Nothing sinister to read into it. Process of natural wastage.

ASHIPP

Agreed about our import d players - they are on uni contracts and it wouldn't suprise me if they want to travel, go to other clubs or even opt out of hockey. I would LOVE Wes, Mike and Scotty to sign again next year - they have been awesome. But I think we should expect bad news :(

It's no suprise that other clubs are after the Vother they always are every season. But he has rejected them in favour of Cardiff in the past. With impending marriage and previous suggestions he will return to Canada, it would be suprising if he went to Sheffield. Particularly after the ridiculous way he has been hounded by officials in this league....and what could Sheffield offer that Cardiff couldn't apart from money. So hope he stays - he's a one-off at this Club. :cool:

The rumour of Mark Richardson to Blaze DOES worry me. Mark has been outstanding this year both on d and as captain. He is IMHO after Weaver, the best British D man in the League so any team will want him. I know he liked Cardiff because it's nearer his home in Swindon. Let's hope he still loves this city and club enough to stay. :cool:

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Agreed about our import d players - they are on uni contracts and it wouldn't suprise me if they want to travel, go to other clubs or even opt out of hockey. I would LOVE Wes, Mike and Scotty to sign again next year - they have been awesome. But I think we should expect bad news :(

It's no suprise that other clubs are after the Vother they always are every season. But he has rejected them in favour of Cardiff in the past. With impending marriage and previous suggestions he will return to Canada, it would be suprising if he went to Sheffield. Particularly after the ridiculous way he has been hounded by officials in this league....and what could Sheffield offer that Cardiff couldn't apart from money. So hope he stays - he's a one-off at this Club. :cool:

The rumour of Mark Richardson to Blaze DOES worry me. Mark has been outstanding this year both on d and as captain. He is IMHO after Weaver, the best British D man in the League so any team will want him. I know he liked Cardiff because it's nearer his home in Swindon. Let's hope he still loves this city and club enough to stay. :cool:

PS - Sorry forgot to include this........if you read rumours on other fans' forums, they are completely contradictory to some of the rumours on our thread! Just goes to show nothing can be believed until it's official!

Galbraith to Sheffield
Zion to Panthers
Domish to Coventry
Voth anywhere but please not Sheffield

Matt Myers NO NO NO NO NO NO NO Not in a Devils shirt.

James

Administrator
angiemac said:
Heard Voth had signed for steelers while at the playoffs, I guess time will tell.
I think Uncle Bob (did anyone else notice he has had a facelift) was telling people he has made him an offer. I'd hope Vother knows better having experienced Bobs methods before.

ASHIPP

At the mo, I would be more concerned with players that we might be losing, rather than rumours of players coming to us.

1. Matt Towe to the Steelers? Matt is from Sheffield but with the likelihood of them keeping a good Brit contingent of Tait, Dowd, Philips, Farmer, Thomas, Morgan etc, what would Matt gain by going there? Matt had a good season with the Devils - ok his line partners were changed quite a bit but same for other players - and he had permanent ice time. Gritty player - would be sad to lose.

2. Wes Jarvis to Panthers? Wes is such a talent surely if he going to go, it's going to be to Europe again or a good NA team? A bigger salary is a major consideration, of course, but what else can Nottingham offer him? Gutted we might lose him but it's almost inevitable - end of uni course, massive talent etc.

3. Vother to Steelers? This thread has been discussed to death! With wage cap allegedly not an issue next year and Steelers' coffers overflowing, would think they can afford to re-resign Mike Sgroi, who incidentally has not only averaged a point per game for them, but is a firm fan favorite AND apparently has already stated he loves it in the UK and would want to come back.

As for Uncle Bob making Brad an offer, doesn't mean Brad has accepted it. The fact that G was quoted in the Echo saying that talks would be opening with Brad this week to persuade him to stay, suggests Brad may not have made any commitments anywhere yet and wants time to think through options. Doubt the Devils organisation would release an article like that, if Brad had already commited elsewhere.

ASHIPP said:
With wage cap allegedly not an issue next year and Steelers' coffers overflowing, would think they can afford to re-resign Mike Sgroi, who incidentally has not only averaged a point per game for them, but is a firm fan favorite AND apparently has already stated he loves it in the UK and would want to come back.
Sgroi is not a favourite with a lot of Steelers fans. Apparently he can't skate, doesn't get passed to by his linemates, always goes offside and is generally rubbish...

I, however, am a massive fan. And as we're going down a more physical route next season, then he'd more than fit into that type of team. Wouldn't be the worst 11th import in this league...

just became a member of this forum i am a bstoke bison fan but after we pulled out of the league have been coming to as many devels games as possible i was at the game in coventry a few weeks ago when the devils lost i spent the night stood with vothers dad he said that brad was getting maried in the summer and that phill oeaser was going to be brads best man as they go long back just read a post on hear that says phill is off to the steelers if this is true would brad go there with him. moore money and playing with your best mate again just a thought

Russky

Although I have heard that G is in talks with Brad for him to stay next season I really cant see it happening! Voth's extra lap at the end of the 1st leg V Sheffield spoke volumes to me and knowing that he is getting married during the summer I really cant see him returning to ardiff! I also think that the fact that Sgroi is returning next season for the Squeelers, an with their existing signings one 'enforcer' is more than enough.