Search results

1. J

Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Ooh exciting! Thank you. I'd make you slight favourites then with fixtures left.
  2. J

Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Excuse my ignorance but haven't really been following the top of the table - I assume Sheffield win the title if you finish equal on points? What is it based on first after points?
  3. J

Devils v Blaze - 27/02 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Good win for Blaze - needed the two points and wanted it more.
  4. J

Get in

Happy to help. Happy new year friends!
  5. J

2015/2016 Rumour & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Will no doubt be shot down in flames but having read the last 10 of so pages, I have to ask: Why would a player like Culligan who seems decent enough and in the middle of his career, become a spare import? And has carrying a spare import ever been a success in the EIHL?
  6. J

Kurka and Hervato Sign

Devils title to lose based on rosters so far and lack of European involvement.
  7. J

Congratulations to Coventry Blaze

To be fair, if you take away the group stages of the challenge cup which is essentially a bit pointless with 8 of the 10 teams qualifying and only there to fill the schedule, you only play 5 meaningful games to win it. I'd say the continental cup place should go to the 3rd team in the league...
  8. J

Congratulations to Coventry Blaze

Thanks for the best wishes.
  9. J

Devils Vs Blaze - Saturday Jan 10th – Face off 7pm

Good win for the Blaze.
  10. J

PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

I half expected Mr Ragan to at least come back with something half decent as an excuse after a couple of days thinking time but giving out a load of waffle doesn't impress anyone. I can't help thinking it is a bit weird... It doesn't sound like it is tens of thousands of £ so I find it hard to...
  11. J

Dave Whistle - Club Interview

Why would he want to arrive before the end of July when most of the players will probably not arrive until late August?
  12. J

Final run in

Bad luck. See you next season.
  13. J

Devils @ Giants - November 2nd & 3rd - Chat / Updates

Seems pretty clear from the video. Even if he isn't going to cause serious damage with a glove, the intent shows he has a screw loose as there seemed no reason to do that. I'd have thought 10 games but if devils have any sense, he would have already been sacked by then. Maybe bring back the head...
  14. J

Official Club Statement

Surely his new role is just something made up to keep him at the club until the testimonial. Is the actual game soon or at the end of the season? If soonish, I'd imagine he'd be off after that. As for Coventry wanting him, we have the best record in the league at the moment??
  15. J

Official Club Statement

Had to chuckle at the use of 'further good news' .... Didn't rate Adams as highly as some people but he didn't deserve to be treated like this but as always, when a coach and owner fall out, there is only one winner.
  16. J

Cardiff Devils Release...

At first it seems a crazy move but could be a good one if whoever makes the decisions (whether it be Adams or the management) are able to replace him with a top import and your British depth is as good as is suggested.
  17. J

G given a month

Don't think Adams comes out of the article particularly well either. It is one thing to have confidence in his abililty but you have to win things to back it up. If he is looking for improvement, maybe he needs to have a bit of a look in the mirror.
  18. J

Devils @ Stars - Sat 21st September - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils @ Stars - Sat 21st September - 7:00pm - Chat/Upda Spot on about the netminder. Whilst it is frustrating, the nature of the league means that if your import nm gets injured, you are 90% going to lose. Your season starts when Dacosta is back as on paper still look decent.
  19. J

News update at 5pm today

Is announcing a pre-season game "huge" (Definition: 1. Of exceedingly great size, extent, or quantity. 2. Of exceedingly great scope or nature)? In my eyes no. If they had said on twitter "We have some news that fans will excited about", I'm sure fans would be pleased about the announcement...