News update at 5pm today

KaneDevils

But isn't that your own fault?

You expected something that wasn't even hinted at, there was no mention of either of the things you expected so it's you that built it up to be something it wasn't.
People will start to draw their own conclusions when "HUGE" news is about to be released. Hardly anyones fault for assuming something a little more big. What were you expecting?

Good news, and exciting, but not what I'd call huge.

ASHIPP

Well done to the Devils. To attract a foriegn team to our humble abode after so many years is something major. :D
An exciting and different pre-season arrangement....let's hope the Devils have a full squad.
:?

Chris

Administrator
People will start to draw their own conclusions when "HUGE" news is about to be released. Hardly anyones fault for assuming something a little more big. What were you expecting?
I wasn't expecting anything, there have been no rumours posted on here that led me to expect a signing or similar. Maybe i've missed something on twitter or facebook that suggested otherwise?

Is announcing a pre-season game "huge" (Definition:
1. Of exceedingly great size, extent, or quantity.
2. Of exceedingly great scope or nature)?

In my eyes no. If they had said on twitter "We have some news that fans will excited about", I'm sure fans would be pleased about the announcement but defining it as huge when it clearly isn't (in my opinion) is just setting yourselves up. Does it matter really? No. But just a bit of a pet hate of mine ... The Blaze have been equally bad in the past.

ASHIPP

J.B said:
Is announcing a pre-season game "huge" (Definition:
1. Of exceedingly great size, extent, or quantity.
2. Of exceedingly great scope or nature)?

In my eyes no. If they had said on twitter "We have some news that fans will excited about", I'm sure fans would be pleased about the announcement but defining it as huge when it clearly isn't (in my opinion) is just setting yourselves up. Does it matter really? No. But just a bit of a pet hate of mine ... The Blaze have been equally bad in the past.
Given that the general presumtion is that it's usually the arena teams that are able to attract European visiting teams for friendles [ although in Belfast's case it was the Bruins
:eek: ] the mini tourney with Blaze and Esbjerg is pretty big. OK not the size of Craig Weller signing.....but an achievement to get exciited about.

KaneDevils

My point is Chris, if you were told the Devils would be releasing huge news, you wouldn't sit back and think, "Hmmm, I bet it's a friendly against foreign opposition," nor would anyone else. Most would guess at a signing.

As J.B says, stating that some exciting news soon to follow, may of been slightly more appropriate or just announced it without the drum roll.
No big deal really, just a tad annoying and a bit of an anti climax.

Tbh, I thought it may of been a new netminder announcement so felt a little disappointed at the news although actually very excited about it.

:RAWK

wildthing74

It is big news for sure but I can see that fans would get excited hearing "HUGE" news and find it a let down of sorts.
The news regarding Doyle took the wind out of people's sails a bit so maybe the phrase used may have led many to believe it would be signing related.
It's certainly big news if not huge.

I think its awesome news!! Just fed up if reading pages and pages of moaning on here day after day...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jimmy snels

danhall76 said:
I think its awesome news!! Just fed up if reading pages and pages of moaning on here day after day...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Said this a couple of times myself recently to. Its like a WI forum :-D
Glad to play someone new, everyone wanted it and I hope we see a good even game. Smith to ref it tho.... darrnel or hicks could ruin it totally

KaneDevils

Said this a couple of times myself recently to. Its like a WI forum
Glad to play someone new, everyone wanted it and I hope we see a good even game. Smith to ref it tho.... darrnel or hicks could ruin it totally
I don't think even Darnell could ruin a pre season game ........

Could he?

Don't think anyone was moaning about the news, just talking/debating it?
Could be wrong. Certainly hope my points were not seen that way.

KaneDevils said:
Said this a couple of times myself recently to. Its like a WI forum

Don't think anyone was moaning about the news, just talking/debating it?
Could be wrong. Certainly hope my points were not seen that way.
Oh no it can't have been moaning, I haven't posted on the thread yet

Sorry, not sure I get the big deal on this. Good to have some different pre-season opposition and someone we won't play several times during the season anyway, but is there anything special about this Esbjerg team? Any ex-NHLers, internationals etc?

If not, then isn't it like Cardiff City announcing they are playing some Danish side that no ones that familiar with - I'm sure they wouldn't be that excited about it.

Nice to have different opposition but for me, not that exciting at all.

Earnie

A lot of people have put a lot of time (and presumably money) to put this together mainly for our benefit. For this we should be appreciative. The best way to show that appreciation is to fill the BBT at the end of August.

Some people can say what so special about seeing fife or Sheffield week in week out I for one are looking forward to seeing a team that I've never seen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good news as it's something fans have been asking for for ages. Personally if I can only afford one when the season comes around I will probably go for the Blaze game as I'd be pretty confident that it will be a god game between equally matched teams.

I hope the news article saying the club expects sell outs is hype and not part if the financial planning, as I.can't see it happening!

Koop11

I personally are very impressed with this annoucement. We've been screaming for a change in our typical pre-season friendlies and this has been delivered. Well done to all involved.

ASHIPP

ledgend777 said:
Sorry, not sure I get the big deal on this. Good to have some different pre-season opposition and someone we won't play several times during the season anyway, but is there anything special about this Esbjerg team? Any ex-NHLers, internationals etc?

If not, then isn't it like Cardiff City announcing they are playing some Danish side that no ones that familiar with - I'm sure they wouldn't be that excited about it.

Nice to have different opposition but for me, not that exciting at all.
Like most teams in Europe at the moment they are still recruiting players. Can't see how we can possibly make any specific
judgement.......except to say that the general standard in the Danish league is higher than ours. And that is with a lower import quota too. Danish national team ranked just a bit higher than ours.
;)

davew

This is "great" news, and it will be the first pre-season game i will have attended for several seasons as the blaze are seen too often during the season as it is!

Agree with the consensus that the label "huge" was slightly misleading, but hey that's Brent's over enthusiasm I guess!