Cardiff Devils Release...

osh

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Its a opinion mate, you know what we are all entltled too, even new posters. :lol:

I would still like a little clarity to your comments. As a member of SORAC they are pariticularly worrying given we don't want/need uncertainty around the fan base and the club for the majority of the supporters.
He still has his own opinion as a member of SORAC, it will be even sadder to see a team playing in a 3000 seater arena that is three parts empty. The club create their own uncertainty, they don't need help in that department, it is one of the things that they do well
Have you given thought to the fact that we may have a 3000 seat arena ( god knows when ) and absolutely No team playing out of it ! All this talk of Ragan being the problem etc, if he decides to walk away who exactly do you think would take over?

At first it seems a crazy move but could be a good one if whoever makes the decisions (whether it be Adams or the management) are able to replace him with a top import and your British depth is as good as is suggested.

And the ownership are achieving competetiveness how ? By losing a body before a busy two weeks, as I said previously the timing is questionable. Let's be honest results are bad and team is at a low (ripe for takeover ) New coach comes in, no one expects miracles the team will get better and new coach is hailed a hero and then next season its back to the drawing board with no previous recruiting experience and very little success at coaching at various levels in UK hockey ( Amateur ) and now having to recruit and run a Pro team

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Its a opinion mate, you know what we are all entltled too, even new posters. :lol:

I would still like a little clarity to your comments. As a member of SORAC they are pariticularly worrying given we don't want/need uncertainty around the fan base and the club for the majority of the supporters.
My personal opinions have nothing to do with Sorac, my personal views are my personal views, freedom of speech and all that. SORACS aims have always been to make sure there are suitable facilities for all ice users in Cardiff, that has jack all to do with my personal views on the club that I love, thank you.

Must say I am not disappointed about Hill leaving, haven't been a fan of his. Afraid he had become a home town player who was just going through the motions thinking his position at club was secure. I think he will be successful wherever he ends up, this is the kick up the butt he needed. Just don't do it against us.

TheStub

And the ownership are achieving competetiveness how ? By losing a body before a busy two weeks, as I said previously the timing is questionable. Let's be honest results are bad and team is at a low (ripe for takeover ) New coach comes in, no one expects miracles the team will get better and new coach is hailed a hero and then next season its back to the drawing board with no previous recruiting experience and very little success at coaching at various levels in UK hockey ( Amateur ) and now having to recruit and run a Pro team
Reminds me of when the last coach to sign a Devils team to win any silverware stepped down to avoid having to cut players.

We ended up with a dodgy setup behind the bench for a few seasons didn't we?

Ocko

We are not competitive now, but that isnt the owners fault.

What coach are you actually talking about? You've completely lost me...

Ocko said:

The bench coach (Brent ) who is replacing Franny

Very sorry to see Phil forced out. Whilst he would be the 1st to admit that he has not been playing as well as he knows he can, I think that is something that the whole team can be guilty of.

Phil works harder than any other Devils player, not only during the season, but also in the off-season, and it is a sad way to see his Devils career ended in this way.

I for one do not believe for one second that this decision has come from G - it is a financial/management decision for sure.

Ah the F word - Finances...I think can open worms everwhere come to mind.

The problem is though, that no-one knows everything that is going on, least of all the "Inferno" posters. But if I believed half of what I am hearing from people that I do trust, then all I can say is that I feel very sorry for the coaching staff (G & Franny) with everything that is going on - sometimes "devine intervention" is the biggest problem within our precious club.

Ocko

Ocko said:

The bench coach (Brent ) who is replacing Franny
How much coaching experience did Franny have when he ran the bench of a professional club? Brent has infinitely more/better playing experience. Franny never cut it at the top level as a player and had zero coaching experience, which in your eyes is fine, yet you question how experience Brent has.

Gazza272

Wannabe2 said:
My personal opinions have nothing to do with Sorac, my personal views are my personal views, freedom of speech and all that. SORACS aims have always been to make sure there are suitable facilities for all ice users in Cardiff, that has jack all to do with my personal views on the club that I love, thank you.

Sorry it just doesn't work like that.

You cannot on the one hand say it's going to get messy in regards to the fans against the club. (that sentence suggests you would be at the front of the queue of such things) and on the other try and get that team seamlessly into a new ice rink.

You made the comment and you have responsibilities you willingly took on. Don't get shirty with me when this is questioned. You made the comments you need to either stand by them. At the moment it's all quite sheepish which concerns me more.

Your comment and your aims on behalf of a fan base are linked. That might not suit the opinion you have now, but it is the case.

Wannabe2

Dwoods said:
Very sorry to see Phil forced out. Whilst he would be the 1st to admit that he has not been playing as well as he knows he can, I think that is something that the whole team can be guilty of.

Phil works harder than any other Devils player, not only during the season, but also in the off-season, and it is a sad way to see his Devils career ended in this way.

I for one do not believe for one second that this decision has come from G - it is a financial/management decision for sure.

The problem is though, that no-one knows everything that is going on, least of all the "Inferno" posters. But if I believed half of what I am hearing from people that I do trust, then all I can say is that I feel very sorry for the coaching staff (G & Franny) with everything that is going on - sometimes "devine intervention" is the biggest problem within our precious club.
Totally totally agree.

We are quickly becoming the #1 laughing stock of this League. We may already be there.

Not just gassing players....for whatever reasons. Just the whole season to me feels tainted now. Sorry state of affairs IMHO.

That is all.

Sad....just very sad.

Finny

osh said:
Have you given thought to the fact that we may have a 3000 seat arena ( god knows when ) and absolutely No team playing out of it ! All this talk of Ragan being the problem etc, if he decides to walk away who exactly do you think would take over?
I would say that there is far more chance of the arena hosting a team not owned by Ragan than of there being no team at all.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Dwoods said:

Totally totally agree.
Shame that none of you don't post what you have heard from 'people that you trust' so as we can all be that nearer the so called truth then eh ? If you can't be bothered, fair enough, everything is mere hearsay.

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
I would say that there is far more chance of the arena hosting a team not owned by Ragan than of there being no team at all.

Well for all the criticism he is getting, you may very well be right for once. Just when we become an arena team is another mystery though isn't it.

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:

Sorry it just doesn't work like that.

You cannot on the one hand say it's going to get messy in regards to the fans against the club. (that sentence suggests you would be at the front of the queue of such things) and on the other try and get that team seamlessly into a new ice rink.

You made the comment and you have responsibilities you willingly took on. Don't get shirty with me when this is questioned. You made the comments you need to either stand by them. At the moment it's all quite sheepish which concerns me more.

Your comment and your aims on behalf of a fan base are linked. That might not suit the opinion you have now, but it is the case.
Sorry Gazza, it is not the objective of SORAC to get the team seamlessly in to the new arena. it was our goal to get a replacement facility for the Ice users of Cardiff which included the Devils. When Paul Ragan tendered for the development it was only right that we moved away from the business Cardiff Devils so that we could consider the options fairly for the other ice users. Since that time Paul Ragan has represented the Devils (business) with the Council and Greenbank.

I have noticed in the past you have said 'when SORAC were close to the Devils' there are reasons for these things and you only had to ask.

I don t see Wannabe and myself lose the right to an opinion because we have spent seven years fighting for the new facility

Incidentally Paul Ragan has said plenty about delays to project, suing the Council etc and he has a right to his opinions as well, much as I didn't necessarily agree with them.

jimmy snels

Phil wasn't as good last year and was garbage this year. I spoke to paul on Saturday and expressed my concern for how the team were playing and he was genuinely concerned. People need to stop their agendas and realize paul ragan is our owner not the anti christ. If he has said hill has been rubbish and G hasnt made a decision so im doing it I don't really care. Something had to change. And now it has. GET OVER IT

Gazza272

Sorry Gazza, it is not the objective of SORAC to get the team seamlessly in to the new arena. it was our goal to get a replacement facility for the Ice users of Cardiff which included the Devils. When Paul Ragan tendered for the development it was only right that we moved away from the business Cardiff Devils so that we could consider the options fairly for the other ice users. Since that time Paul Ragan has represented the Devils (business) with the Council and Greenbank.

I have noticed in the past you have said 'when SORAC were close to the Devils' there are reasons for these things and you only had to ask.

I don t see Wannabe and myself lose the right to an opinion because we have spent seven years fighting for the new facility

Incidentally Paul Ragan has said plenty about delays to project, suing the Council etc and he has a right to his opinions as well, much as I didn't necessarily agree with them.

Surely the remit is to get all users of the current rink into the new facility seamlessly? It certainly isn't the remit to make it difficult for the Devils to get into the new facility using influence gained over the years. I'm getting the vibe that is happening here. I hope I'm wrong.

But something like that is going to be a worry for a supporter. So I'm voicing it. At the moment there are sheepish comments coming back which makes me worry even more.

And yes Paul Ragan has made some stupid moves public relations wise in regards to the new rink. That has never been in doubt and doesn't really correlate much to the point I am making.

jimmy snels said:
Phil wasn't as good last year and was garbage this year. I spoke to paul on Saturday and expressed my concern for how the team were playing and he was genuinely concerned. People need to stop their agendas and realize paul ragan is our owner not the anti christ. If he has said hill has been rubbish and G hasnt made a decision so im doing it I don't really care. Something had to change. And now it has. GET OVER IT
as sad as it is to see phil go I have to agree with jimmy. the only thing fans should be concerned with is getting a winning team. it is PRs club and he or g have the right to get rid of whoever they want. if they don't work out then I will quite happily hold them responsible.
i hope phil leaving will mean g to the bench with a slight reduction in his pay. extra cash could get us a good import in. extra ice time for Piggott.
thanks to phil for his time with devils.