2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

ASHIPP

Simms likes to think he knows it all about the league, because Smith and Thompson probably keep him in the loop. Any half stories or whispers are just embellished by himself.

Whilst rumour-mongering is not unprofessional, perhaps sometimes revealing other clubs' announcements before they do could be percieved as a bit disrespectful. And, of course, his actions and comments in public and on social media have been sufficiently tasteless to cause offence and, yes, be deemed completely unprofessional. He hails himself as a representative of the Sheffield Steelers, with responsibilities- I find it baffling that they are still allowing it.

Ocko

If hazard a guess that Simms probably knows more of the goings on than both Thompson and Smith combined. He's mates with every GM and attends every board meeting in a official capacity. Like it or not he's one of the most informed in the league. It's not just luck that he knew about Hervato, Bordeleau, Faryna, Doucet and Kearney moving on, to name but a few, long before any Devils fans did.

He gives up plenty of crap rumours but that's as much mind games as anything.

Kal

I think we'll get both Hotham and Asselin this week as Lord said in his interview guys would be flying in next week so i doubt we'll be having another signing day

Wannabe2

If we are lucky enough to re-sign Asselin, and A Hotham, then sign a no nonsense spare import, then by jingo we will have hit pay dirt. We already have toughness in Faryna, Louis, Paris, Pope, Lord, Batch, and if we could add Hotham to that list then happy days. Now turn your attention to our fire power, the Alamo got nothing on these guys, even more so if the two guys mentioned above are on board. Then throw in our Netminding duo to compare to FortKnox and my hard earned dosh is on us, in all the years I have watched this wonderful club, not one off season has filled me with more of a Andrenalin rush than this one. We are the Dogs guys, we really are.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

I think we'll get both Hotham and Asselin this week as Lord said in his interview guys would be flying in next week so i doubt we'll be having another signing day

Think the remaining player signings will be announced seperately during the next few days.

But in reality what exactly points to Andrew leaving,
A. Some mouthy guy from up the road sort of suggests it
B. We haven't yet announced him signed, but no one else has
C. Andrew was the last signing to be announced last season
D. He is very comfortable playing and living in Cardiff
E. He like our other players are well treated, and valued
F. We don't speak funny.
G. And best of all he gets to play in front of us.
Now checking out those facts, he shouldn't have a problem turning down Pittsburgh Penguins.
Seriously though should we lose Andrew, I would be totally gutted, love him as a player, and respect him as a man. I would be the first to wish him well, if he leaves, but would be the first to be well chuffed if he returned home to Wales.
Gut feeling he chooses the Green Green Grass of Home.

Now checking out that scenario
You're right, we don't speak funny, we talks tidy we does

JT666

I really like Batch, however I felt he looked lost at times last season among the wealth of brilliant defencemen we had. He's hard as nails, and moving him to a power forward role may just bring out the best in him. We saw glimpses of his scoring prowess in 2016/17, and I'm hopeful on the fourth line we might see his tougher side come to the forefront.

If we can bring Andrew Hotham and Asselin back then the one extra import will be the icing on the cake.

bb1

Batchy can arguably handle his own with anybody but I really really don't think he wants the role of a fighter. I feel we will see a huge improvement with him as a forward and he has shown in the past that he can find the net.

I'm very unsure that we will get an out and tough guy now. We have 'tough players' but none that are in the league of Doty or Rosehill. Plus Cescon has just signed for clan. Our guys are too good to be sat in the bin.

The only chance we have is if we get a guy who can play as well. They are hard to find and £££

Temme

Batchy can arguably handle his own with anybody but I really really don't think he wants the role of a fighter. I feel we will see a huge improvement with him as a forward and he has shown in the past that he can find the net.

I'm very unsure that we will get an out and tough guy now. We have 'tough players' but none that are in the league of Doty or Rosehill. Plus Cescon has just signed for clan. Our guys are too good to be sat in the bin.

The only chance we have is if we get a guy who can play as well. They are hard to find and £££
It's a tricky one, on the one hand on paper the other teams are alot tougher than us, we had the least amount of fights last year of all the significant teams (sorry Fife, Edinburgh, Braehead) but we won the league & did not at any point look bullied along the way.

I think we are tough enough in what we have, but also we don't really know the impact Bordeleau had without being at ice level ourselves.

I think if we do sign a tough guy it will be very very late on (Janssen, McGrattan, Bordeleau) as often the summer throws up some available players without contracts heading into September.