Devils v Steelers - 27/11 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

backrow

I'm upset that the official let Fitzgerald get away with all those punches to the heads of; Ulmer, Lord and Andrew Hotham 3 times without one penalty call. No wonder Fitzgerald thought he could get away with 4 crosschecks with 4 minutes remaining in a 2-2 tie.

E.D.S.

Bordy is there to protect his team now someone tell me how he is doing that job?? Going over to Fitzgerald and bumping in to him ohhhhh scary hey... Fitzgerald cross checked Myers 3 times punched hotham a few times in the face. He also hit culligan in to boards flying. And got away with murder all night..

Anyone that thinks bordy shouldn't have fought him are truly deluded...

I have been watching hockey 15 years and Fitzgerald owned us and I would have him in my team all day ahead of most of our players
But he wanted to react to the cullingan hit but wasn't allowed to. Myers got us 2+2 for being cross checked several times so there's no point bordy stepping in. The red puzzled me tonight with the Hotham and Fitzy thing. He punched him 3 times in the head and did nothing. Baffling.
It's a tough one..... being pushed around and taking 2 points will always get my vote but I agree with an earlier post who said we have other players who have been on the ice and done nothing. Batch is so quiet lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

Bordy is there to protect his team now someone tell me how he is doing that job?? Going over to Fitzgerald and bumping in to him ohhhhh scary hey... Fitzgerald cross checked Myers 3 times punched hotham a few times in the face. He also hit culligan in to boards flying. And got away with murder all night..

I have been watching hockey 15 years and Fitzgerald owned us and I would have him in my team all day ahead of most of our players
Best laugh of the season .

Thank you Fitzi for the two points, stupid penalty to take and it got us the W.

We didn't play particularly well in either game but 4 points and (mostly) keeping our discipline whilst others were losing theirs is a very good reward

I guess because we won nothing will be said but I'm pretty sure if we lost people will be saying a different story.. if your happy being pushed around and letting your top players get hit into boards all night and punched in the face then no problem.. aslong as we win hey who cares.. no need to pay bordy in excess of £50,000 for the year.. enough said.

jimmy snels

Arguably Fitzgerald cost them the game tonight, him on our team?! are you mad?! :eek::eek::eek:

Bordy was CLEARLY pulled back on the bench tonight trying to make a change with martin (i think...) to sort Fitzgerald out by lord. he litrally dragged him back on. I've had confirmation tonight it lords decision for lack of fighting. I think a few should consider this before commenting any further. For me bordy should have stoved his head in for that hit in 2nd. But if the team orders wont let him stop pointing that finger his way.

Desbians was comically stupid tonight.
The ref was very good imo.
MOM was janine the goal judge!

kettdevil1

I guess because we won nothing will be said but I'm pretty sure if we lost people will be saying a different story.. if your happy elbowing pushed around and letting your top players get hit into boards all night and punched in the face then no problem.. asking as we win hey who cares.. no need to pay bordy in excess of £50,000 for the year.. enough said.
But stating the obvious..... we did win...... and for me that means the job was done, if he had been allowed to react (rather than be held back on the bench) then Fitzgerald's tactics would have worked. Bordy would have received an additional suspension and the momentum of the game might have changed. Sometimes NOT fighting is as valuable as fighting.... Consistently this season Bordy has caused havoc by his presence on the ice and we have gained numerous chances as D Men get nervous and cough up the puck (watch the Belfast away game as a classic example) and that is what he was brought in for, if we had wanted a pure fighter then we would have got McGratton or the Blaze stiff and I rather suspect we would currently be debating why our discipline was so poor....

Stating the obvious, this could be a massive win come the end of the sesson

Jonesy83

When Fitzgerald smash Culli, Bordeleau was all for jumping on the ice and had to be pulled back by both Brine & Lord.

I am amazed that nobody stood up to Fitzgerald tonight. I was fully expecting someone to go with him at some point. Lots of people around me in Block 10 were amazed nobody stood up to him and seemed more than puzzled by it.

IMO I see what people are saying in that it's better not to have our guy in the penalty box etc but how long will it be before Fitzgerald (or Rosehill etc) keeps doing these cheap shots and hurts one of our guys? He should have been made to answer the bell tonight and shown you keep playing dirty, you'll be made to pay for it.

Electro

Just hope those hits, that appear to be acceptable by the coach, do not result in injuries, l also hope it does not mean players stop playing.

It's a team sport and whilst the team is important, players still have future careers to consider. How prepared are individuals to accept that punishment, risking there future potential.

Then there is the frustration of not being allowed to play to your full potential, for a known NHLer , having dropped into what the States view as a beer league and not doing much to talk about is a situation they would not want to happen, so their likely to look to remedy that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welshy74

Hoping this lack of reacting to cheap shots etc doesn't cost us a player through injury. That would be the biggest concern at the moment.

kristian

1 question would we have with #58 in the bin for 5 mins plus? I think not all the players are they to win think all kept they head tonight we needed them all out they

Bordeleau does a lot more than just fight! You don't get to play in the NHL if you can't play- simple as! When you are 2-1 up going into the 3rd period you do not fight. If you are down a few goals or up a few goals then that's different- this game was too close to risk a momentum changing fight.

Sheincar

Fitzgerald took the piss all night and what did bordeleua do??

He needs to be released and fight for god sake or is he injured??

Unbelievable from the devils to let a player do what he wants. Batch or hotham or even lord should have fought him.

I thought we was lucky to win tonight steelers deserved it imo.

A win is a win though :)
Yes

Samael

I'm getting a bit of deja-vu here. Arent there already two active threads already on this topic, that of Bordy and being outcoached. We've qualified for the next round of the CC and we are sitting at the top of the league, so Lordo's tactics are working and Bordy is doing his job. Enjoy the moment people. I can't wait to see Thompson's post match interview xD

august04

Fitzgerald owned us?! He cost his team the game tonight with those stupid 2+2 cross checking penalties with 4 minutes to go in the game. Let's see how many trophies he 'owns' at the end of the season. We'll just keep picking up the wins and putting daylight between us and Sheffield. The more I see of this referee, the more I like the way he officiates. There's nothing better than seeing these so called big time Charlies, thinking they can verbally abuse the referees in this country (like they do with impunity with the likes of Hicks), only to find themselves sat in the bin or ejected from the game with misconduct penalties. About time too...
A scrappy game tonight, never seen so many icings called but a vital win. Bowns bounced back from last night, a phenomenal save at the death to keep Sheffield out. Note to Bordy - keep doing what you're doing, the team will keep picking up the wins. Kelman was wrong in my opinion to open up this can of worms in public and perhaps put pressure on him to do something stupid. I'm still not seeing any team really taking liberties with our skilled players either, so for me no need for Bordy (or anyone else) to take stupid penalties - let the goons like Rosehill and Fitzgerald on the opposition teams do that. A fantastic 2 points and nothing better than seeing Thommo lose his rag, great stuff!

Diafol

Ah well, at least that's the "Positivity Overload" thread put to bed then !

A good two points to go with last night's impressive comeback.

And extending our lead at the top of the league.
Happy Days in my book.

If our star players have been unprotected this season and liable to injuries through the non fighting policy then can someone tell me how many games have been missed through injuries by our star forwards.

The lengthy threads bemoaning the non fighting/retaliation does not give the team the credit its due for its efforts this season.

Rant over - where is that bottle of rioja