1. S

Pope Resigns !

Nicely put.
  2. S

Season Ticket Sales

Don't you just love armchair experts?
  3. S

Devils v Panthers - 30/01 @ 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Panthers - 30/01 @ 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updat A 4-3 ot win, in your 5th game in 7 nights, against a team with riches to spare. Bloody heroic IMO
  4. S

Devils Vs Panthers - 16/01/14 - 7:30pm Face off - Chat

I thought Churchill said that about Russia, and the new netminder is Polish? Don't ever accuse a Pole of being Russian, he really won't like it...
  5. S

Have Nottingham and Belfast outgrown the league?

Which is a real pity, as it's the only way to make the league with its current participants viable and credible.
  6. S

Have Nottingham and Belfast outgrown the league?

There's a very difficult balancing act here. Getting a viable product - each team being competitive, playing good quality hockey, whilst at least breaking even - is absolutely vital and almost impossible all at the same time. Looking at results you can see the league has evened out a little...
  7. S

Official Club Statement

And if they are successful through the rest of this year, and are in place for 2014/15, will you still not be getting a ST next year?
  8. S

Official Club Statement

I don't think anyone thinks it's just about the team's form. But there's obviously been a breakdown somewhere, and when the breakdown is between the coach and the owner, there's usually only one winner...
  9. S

Official Club Statement

Top quality generally costs top money.
  10. S

Official Club Statement

OK, confession time: I haven't been to games for a couple of years, but I still follow the club and have an emotional attachment after first going to games in 1990. The whole situation is really messy, and it doesn't look like anyone is innocent. But I can see why PR wants to make a change; he...
  11. S

Tendler fails Drug Test

Weight loss aid. Excellent if you're in an endurance sport.
  12. S

Marc Twaite leaves steelers...

Just had a quick look on Steeltalk to see what the feel is up there - the majority of posts were very sympathetic, which is nice to see. However the last one from Bob... Bob, if you ever visit here then please know that I think you must be one bitter, nasty, mean-spirited individual.
  13. S

Listen to new signing Jamie Van Der Veeken speaking today

Re: Listen to new signing Jamie Van Der Veeken speaking toda Yes. I withdraw my respect for people who do bad things that are actually important; not an emotionally charged sportsman who has been given stick all game celebrating his team's win.
  14. S

Listen to new signing Jamie Van Der Veeken speaking today

Re: Listen to new signing Jamie Van Der Veeken speaking toda Yes. Because the behaviour of football fans is a great yardstick to measure by, isn't it. How about showing respect as part of normal behaviour?