Marc Twaite leaves steelers...

TheStub

He hasn't made any secret of his mental health issues. Depression is a truly terrible illness.

Here's hoping he lands on his feet. I just worry that he'll make too many powerful enemies who will keep him outside of the sport he loves.

We really need Marc selling the EIHL. You can't fake that passion.

Gaz G

I don't see any problem with anything that he says in that article. If the sport is to progress in the U.K which it really needs to do, comments made here need to be listened to.

I can't find anything in that report that I disagree with.

People often shy away from corruption in order to avoid any confrontation, even if that means injustice. Anything for a quiet life eh.
Seems like the bloke needs people to help him fight.
I hope he finds them!

TheStub

Re: Re: Marc Twaite leaves steelers...

DevilDan said:
Exactly Gaz hopefully will help widen some eyes further and push change.
I fully expect to see yet more head burying, we need more imports, if we spend more the crowds will come type posts around the league.

No matter what we all know to be true, those sat in their ivory towers will continue to run the league to suit their failing business model.

Less imports and more Brits is the way forward. Let's make this a British league.

Gaz G

TheStub said:
DevilDan said:
Exactly Gaz hopefully will help widen some eyes further and push change.
I fully expect to see yet more head burying, we need more imports, if we spend more the crowds will come type posts around the league.

No matter what we all know to be true, those sat in their ivory towers will continue to run the league to suit their failing business model.

Less imports and more Brits is the way forward. Let's make this a British league.
Not sure I agree with that to be honest.

Whilst I think more concentration should be placed on producing more brit players, there is a whole lot more that comes with having imports. Leadership, experience, playing ability, coaching ability and knowledge of the game which could all be passed on.

I personally think that the way things are, if the import level was lowered, things would remain the same as the bigger clubs would spend bigger money bringing in better imports. This would then leave the league in a similar situation to where it is now in that (although we just lost to hull) it really is a two teird league.

The only way (in my opinion) to make things a bit more even and interesting is to bring in an enforced wage cap where all teams have give or take the same amount of money to spend.

If clubs can't compete with it, the league, sponsors and sky need to market the lower level clubs far more often. I'm getting sick of the same old same old having more coverage than others. I know this in a sense comes down to size of each teams location etc but the league is not fair in the way it is policed at the moment.

For things to get better, we need a solid structure and plan of how things are to be run. Change in import numbers, in my eyes, will not change a thing. The future is bright at the moment for the Cardiff Devils but how long the future will be bright for the league as a whole is the burning question.

If I were an Edinburgh, Fife, Dundee (all of course in scotland, is there any correlation there)?, Hull fan I wouldn't be too enthused with going to many games as it's clearly not a level playing field at the moment. In some cases this season you could include ourselves and Coventry in this.

There may be a valid, familly etc, explanation to this final question, but why has Thommo stepped down as GB coach? Sick of doing things on a very tight budget? Sick of the same things happening time and time again?

This league needs consistency from the rules, to the refs, to the budgets, to the advertising of each team. How the hell a Welsh ref can ref a Devils game, a Scottish ref can ref a Scotish v Welsh/English game is beyond me. There will always be questions asked no matter how the ref performs and I almost gurantee will be a thought in any refs head when officiating the game.

Cheers.

Gazza272

TheStub said:
[

If thats the case then why does the EPL get lower crowds than the EIHL?

Gospel

Interesting to read Marcs views/opinions and i have to agree with everything he says.

The drugs matter raised is no big surprise as its been going on a long time by players, some more than others. But until there is proper governance of the whole leagie things like this will never be stamped out.

I dont agree with someone "owning" 2 clubs but i understand at the present time it has to be that way with no-one new coming in to take over.

Consistency and full proper training for officials must be a target. Last season it was stated that they would be going away for training but that never happened, they didnt even have taining in the UK and there is no supervision during games or after. Thats not good for the game.

I hope Marc finds his feet again as his situation could arise for any of the players currently playing in our league.

Just had a quick look on Steeltalk to see what the feel is up there - the majority of posts were very sympathetic, which is nice to see. However the last one from Bob...

Bob, if you ever visit here then please know that I think you must be one bitter, nasty, mean-spirited individual.