Summit Sunday 2023 - Dedicated thread

ASHIPP

They did. Nice to know that we’re gonna have a spare. I’d imagine they will be
Top line winger
Davies
Crawford
Mosey
Pietroniro as a spare
Isn't it only 4 defencemen announced so far...Ritchie, Batch, Rymsha and Donaghey?

Is it rumoured that Jardine not returning?

lloyd_jeff

Well that’s another Summitnado done, are we putting together a Belfast beating team, l guess we’ll soon see. I was surprised at the comments concerning goaltender requirements, considering the signings.

jenks33

They did. Nice to know that we’re gonna have a spare. I’d imagine they will be
Top line winger
Davies
Crawford
Mosey
Pietroniro as a spare
Didn’t Steve King pretty much admit that Barrow will be on the Ully, Arniel line? So it’s probably a third line RW to announce. That was the only slight frustration for me. I was hoping Barrow was going to be on our third line with Waller and Busch with a top line winger to announce. A positive evening tho, 5 very good signings.

E.D.S.

No point getting fixated on who's playing on what line..... that won't be sorted until at least end of Oct/Nov (or early April if you're last seasons coaches). Plenty to get excited about and so much still to figure out. What is exciting is listening to PR. He seems very assured, focussed and I can see him handing out some huge boll@ckings if things aren't going to plan.

jenks33

No point getting fixated on who's playing on what line..... that won't be sorted until at least end of Oct/Nov (or early April if you're last seasons coaches). Plenty to get excited about and so much still to figure out. What is exciting is listening to PR. He seems very assured, focussed and I can see him handing out some huge boll@ckings if things aren't going to plan.
But let’s be honest we pretty much know what the lines are going to be to start the season. They obviously might change as the season goes on but Cox, Martin, Sanford will start the season together. Ully and Arniel will start together and Waller and Busch will start together. So with Steve King confirming tonight that he sees Barrow on the Ully, Arniel line it’s just a 3rd line RW by the looks of it.

Diablo3

But let’s be honest we pretty much know what the lines are going to be to start the season. They obviously might change as the season goes on but Cox, Martin, Sanford will start the season together. Ully and Arniel will start together and Waller and Busch will start together. So with Steve King confirming tonight that he sees Barrow on the Ully, Arniel line it’s just a 3rd line RW by the looks of it.
Do you think Pietroniro could do a job on the third line right wing?

jenks33

Do you think Pietroniro could do a job on the third line right wing?
Points production would concern me. I think we’ll need decent points from that 3rd line if we want to really challenge Belfast. You look at his previous stats and he could be useful on that line but I’m really hoping Pietroniro is the spare import.

moggy#9

I think that we're definitely better than last season, but barrow is a question mark, and it remains to be seen if the third line will have the elements it needs. I'm not convinced about how we match up to Belfast, but booth has the potential to be the best goalie in the league.

It's noticeable how much younger the team is though, and that can only be a good thing.

jenks33

I think barrow might score a tonne of points

If he can be top 10 with Manchester I'm sure he can be top 5 with team mates like ully and arniel
Me being slightly frustrated with Barrow potentially being on the Ully, Arniel line is because I liked the look of Waller, Busch and Barrow as a 3rd line. Maybe I’m being a bit greedy/unrealistic expecting Barrow to be on the third line but depth was a huge issue last season and we will need a strong 3rd line. I’m expecting Barrow to be good. Storm fans are gutted that he’s left I just thought with him still being fairly new to pro hockey he might have been on our third line to give us 3 very strong lines. Let’s wait and see who this third line winger is tho