Keep or Can

august04 2.0

I would prefer us to get a solid defensive defenseman than have a diminished Fournier back.
Who says he’d be diminished? He’s been playing at a much higher standard than our league since he left. And he’s still got legs in him to rip up this league. Some said the same about Joey Martin and he’s still the best all round player on our team by a country mile. Fournier over Crawford any day of the week, and a Mikkelson type D man to replace Thompson. You’d still have more to replace in our D corp but that would be a good start.

Wannabe2

Who says he’d be diminished? He’s been playing at a much higher standard than our league since he left. And he’s still got legs in him to rip up this league. Some said the same about Joey Martin and he’s still the best all round player on our team by a country mile. Fournier over Crawford any day of the week, and a Mikkelson type D man to replace Thompson. You’d still have more to replace in our D corp but that would be a good start.
Absolutely spot on,

I don’t particularly like these things during the season, but I do think there will be some major changes on D for next season.

I’m not going to bore everyone with stats (as I know some people don’t like them), but we have not hit the levels you would expect. The stats definitely play a part in the decision making, particularly the more granular ones about passing etc.

I think the fact we are in with an outside shout of the league says more about the inconsistencies across the league than it does about our team.

I can easily see there being four changes on D. Injuries may dictate that there are 5, but I think 4 is probably right.

moggy#9

Fair.

RedDevil17

Where to start…get rid of the majority of the team!

KEEP: Brandt, Brits, Sanford, Cox, Martin, Crawford

I’m unsure about Coughler.

Get rid of everyone else include DuPont and Horn then bring Kelly in full time. I usually save the keep/can thing until the end of the season but the effort and passion levels shown by some players in this ‘team’ is truly an embarrassment.

Last edited:

moggy#9

What's interesting me about this thread is, by Andy large, how consistent the responses are. There's a few differences of opinion over the likes of Crawford, but everyone seems to love Brandt and the way he plays the game.

Where to start…get rid of the majority of the team!

KEEP: Brandt, Brits, Sanford, Cox, Martin, Crawford

I’m unsure about Coughler.

Get rid of everyone else include DuPont and Horn then bring Kelly in full time. I usually save the keep/can thing until the end of the season but the effort and passion levels shown by some players in this ‘team’ is truly an embarrassment.
Totally agree

The_Stick_

My only gripe about Brandt was his consistency. Sometimes felt he was a bit lazy and there were some games he was anonymous. Since being dropped in Nottingham though he has been by far our best player since then.

Wannabe2

There has been a good few games this season where Brandt simply didn’t do his job. January/Early February mainly
Theres been a good few games this season where no one has done their job, so why is he being singled out, especially as he could put most apparently star players to shame. If all our players played with Brandts passion, desire, commitmen,and grit we would be looking down on the rest of the league.