Keep or Can

moggy#9

The level of incompetence from the last two seasons really needs to be the last time any club has to deal with that sort of officiating, the league as a whole should be leaning hard on the refs to up make sure games are not held at the discretion of the refs feelings towards a team or where that team is from.

I really do hope that this season the refs have stepped up and admitted they fell short before and want to make this season a decent season of hockey.
It would need interesting if there were some sort of statistical analysis to see if favouring/penalising particular teams (whether conscious or unconscious) is a thing or just a perception.

Gavevs88

When you look back over the last 5 seasons of who came and went and who ran through walls for the club with no questions asked and did what ever was asked of him that list is very short, he was the definition of the blueprint of what being a Devil is, not just my opinion but the opinion of a lot of fans as well our most successful coach to date.

The last 2 seasons I'd say all of the team was off pace yes we won a playoff title but that was more luck than tactics because dupont had no tactics he just borrowed Skaldes playbook and got lucky with the fact Carruth stood on his head.

Outside of the hockey I got to know Lou during lock down and spent alot of time chatting with him as well as passing him his pre game buenos so I will always have a bit of a biased opinion because he's someone who I consider a friend and have huge respect for.

You're right though the league has changed, maybe for the good or maybe for the bad we won't know until the season gets under way and see what sort of hockey we have.

Out of all the changes that's happened this coming season my one question now is..

How crap are the officals gonna be now lol
We all know the answer to that one mate haha!