Fournier Released

GAVIN

I think the issue is how much the club can say about the issue. If anyone remembers the Justin Sawyer incident from way back, the club couldn't say anything as there were legal implications. I suspect the truth will come out at some point but I am pretty certain that this would be the only thing the club will say about the matter.
o
I have to say even though i'm really curious to know the reason why i like the stance by the club not to release the reasons why, it's like airing dirty laundry in public, there's no real need for it, it's done, they obviously did it for the good of the club, we should accept that and we move on.
Typical scripted nonsense by any organisation
Tbh clubs spend a lot of time lining up players, with what appears to be such a quick dismissal I can't see them having anyone lined up quick enough to get here soon enough to make a difference.
All I hope they don't rush jardine or coughler back for the sake of it..

ASHIPP

I have to say even though i'm really curious to know the reason why i like the stance by the club not to release the reasons why, it's like airing dirty laundry in public, there's no real need for it, it's done, they obviously did it for the good of the club, we should accept that and we move on.
This is like Justin Faryna all over again.

Hedd Wyn John

Why do we deserve the truth ? And not sure what respect has to do with it ? If someone I work with is sacked I would never expect the mangers/HR to bandy about the reason ? Also we have no idea whether there are any legal implications involved ? Sorry but we simply don’t have the right to know everything …..it’s my opinion you may not agree.
The club certainly don't have to release the departure reason.

However to be open and transparent I think the club needs to let the fans know whether they knew Fournier would be departing when they auctioned his Jersey off at last night's Jersey auction.

BostonBart22

Belfast had a problem in house regarding Conway, obviously wanted to keep it quiet but all came out in the end, so we will wait until it comes out fournier was released.

Wannabe2

This is like Justin Faryna all over again.
Losing Fournier isn’t in the same class as losing Faryna, losing Faryna was like losing a leg, he was a true Devil thru and thru, he would fight anyone, could hit, and could score, played for the shirt and was a true fans favourite. When Faryna played for Dundee we all wanted him here, when he came we were in second heaven, in fairness Fournier couldn’t tie his laces for me.

James

Administrator
Tbh clubs spend a lot of time lining up players, with what appears to be such a quick dismissal I can't see them having anyone lined up quick enough to get here soon enough to make a difference.
I’d say the opposite if anything. Bad injury can happen at any time. I’d expect us to have a number of potential avenues ready. Failing that I believe Mikkleson works for one of the owners now, get him on a plane :)

Kevlar68

o
Typical scripted nonsense by any organisation
It's a regular response really of a no comment and taking the higher ground, the player himself may take to Twatter and make comments but we as a club can rise above that. If you make a statement as to why player has been let go and the player disputes that fact it can also lead to problems so it's completely the right thing to do what our club has done.
What do you want them to say "He was an absolute arse of a man and hated playing in red and the way he chewed his food just rubbed us all up the wrong way so he had to go", they have nothing to say on the matter, it is between the player and the club, that's the bottom line and we are not owed a reason what so ever, we're not share holders or owners, we're fans, what goes on in the board room is none of our business, what goes on on the ice is our business and only that.

Last edited:

Gisland

Belfast had a problem in house regarding Conway, obviously wanted to keep it quiet but all came out in the end, so we will wait until it comes out fournier was released.
The response at the time was no response.. Awkward PR and it appears Cardiff are doing the same,"he is gone we move on" Seems more than just a falling out. Not knowing the player, how did he interact with the fans?

kettdevil1

The response at the time was no response.. Awkward PR and it appears Cardiff are doing the same,"he is gone we move on" Seems more than just a falling out. Not knowing the player, how did he interact with the fans?
He was excellent in my experience, a character who knew how to pull the right levers with fans.

Wannabe2

I’d say the opposite if anything. Bad injury can happen at any time. I’d expect us to have a number of potential avenues ready. Failing that I believe Mikkleson works for one of the owners now, get him on a plane :)
Yes please,pure class.