New Devils Jerseys

BostonBart22

This one below, in black with the lawless logo as shoulder flashes and you are onto 100% win.

I know its the superleague era but we havent had anything this eyecatching in ages and now we are back on the silky screenprints I dont see why we cant have it again. Its all down to the imagination of the graphic designer who is knocking them out and they have been quite boring the last few years imo.

View attachment 1941
Got one exactly the same with 10th anniversary on the top of sleeves..

Samael

This is the 10th anniversary one. Notice how both jerseys have more dynamic designs though and far less intrusive sponsorship. I get that sponsors badges aren't going anywhere but just having boring stripes along the hem which we have had now for several years needs to stop. The Skyline one was a step in the right direction but I'd much prefer to see things associated with hell like flames, chains and pitchforks. But not too over the top so it looks like you are a walking s&m parlour lol

The designers who were working for the club in the Swalec and BT years was bang on with the designs in my humble opinion.

Attachments

Samael

It's the road version of the one Douggie is wearing in your avatar Glynne. If it had the original logo on both shoulders and came in black it would be my perfect jersey.

Swarley

Hopefully the grey one is the ST exclusive, l won't be bitching over that if it is lol
From what I got told the st one is black with green on it, I'm really loving the designs for this season with the Welsh dragon being part of the design. I'm hoping the st one is going to be on show along with the others, by far my favourite design from the last few years.

Samael

Have to wait and see, although last time l looked we were the Cardiff Devils, not Deeside Dragons. We had a Dragon jersey before when Thompson were the headline sponsor and it wasnt all that in my opinion it lacked any flair or identity. Let's just see what is unveiled.

Rempel16

Have to wait and see, although last time l looked we were the Cardiff Devils, not Deeside Dragons. We had a Dragon jersey before when Thompson were the headline sponsor and it wasnt all that in my opinion it lacked any flair or identity. Let's just see what is unveiled.
I'm with you. No need for putting a huge dragon on the jersey. I'm all for us paying homage to being Welsh, but a Welsh flag somewhere (small) is enough, with potentially a Welsh word like the Wales rugby jerseys have. (ANRHYDEDD - honour)

Samael

The 2020/2021 jersey has 'Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Cychwyn' printed on the inside collar. Whatever that means. I'm sure it's something deep.... Lol

Earnie

“The Red Dragon Inspires Action.”

The Welsh language is rather poetic and different people read it differently so some may disagree with me- but it’s close.

Samael

It also translates as 'the red dragon advances' . Welsh is kinda like Latin to me, a dead language used by the pretentious.

It's a nice touch to have it on the jersey and as they say, the Devil is in the details, but let's not get all Owain Glyndwr..... At the end of the day we are a team based in a predominantly non Welsh speaking city composed mostly of Canadians and English men. A maple leaf in the middle of St George's Cross would be more apt..... (this is a joke BTW before all you nationalists get upset).

Kevlar68

Welsh is kinda like Latin to me, a dead language used by the pretentious..
Its not dead in West and North Wales, i get drenched in phlegm every time i visit there :D
I remember many years ago a customer wanted to pay for their drinks bill by cheque, they wrote it in welsh and i told them i couldn't accept it as i didn't understand what they had written. They took notes out, put them down, they tore up the cheque and then spat in my face to which i then grabbed them by their shirt dragged them out and kept their change :cool:

Last edited:

Samael

That's why l could never work in the licenced trade, if someone spat in my face like that I'd have responded with a smashed pint glass in theirs.

That's disgusting behaviour.

pjj365

Whilst I tend to agree with not going OTT on the Wales/Welsh thing my favourite jersey is 30th anniversary green with Caerdydd on the front - and that took some getting
It is though the last I bought

Kevlar68

Anyway, i see where people are coming from with regards to shirt designs with links to Devils or Cardiff.
Devils = Hell flames, Devils tails, devils pitch fork etc
Cardiff = Skyline, IAW, double logo

Designs with direct link to the teams name "Cardiff Devils"
I am excited to see the new design though and then i will make my judgement.

And i found my "legends" jersey on here, posted Oct 2020 with both logos, i had designed them in Red, White and Black, i like black.
A nod to the old logo is on the shoulders & back of the shirt on the neck and a nod to welsh flag with green, white and red.

Devils jersey (1).png

Last edited:

Wannabe2

To my mind the stuff on the shirts should be about the club or the city. I'm not a fan of the creeping welshification of the club.
Spot on we are the Cardiff Devils, the Dragons are in North Wales and Newport, as has already been stated Fire, Pitchforks,Flames, we should never get away from that.

Devil94

I for one am delighted with the increase of Welshness within the organisation. It was great to see on a twitter poll a few weeks ago too that the vast majority of fans want an increase too.
If it is the work of the new social media guy then well done to him, but whoever is behind the subtle changes with more bilingual tweets, more Welsh flags, Welsh language on last seasons jerseys, and what looks like a Dragon on this years jersey, it's good to see the organisation catching up with where we should have been on this issue a while ago now.
The name 'Cardiff Devils' is not special or unique. There's dozens of hockey teams called Devils, and 'Devils' has no importance or relevance to the city of Cardiff. Fire and flames, wow how original in hockey. I mean we're literally in a 10 team league with one team called Blaze and another called Flames.
What is unique is we are the only professional hockey club in the country. And that is to be celebrated and promoted. The name Devils was picked as John Lawless wanted it to be 'Cythraul', the Welsh for Devil or demon. We wear red and green because of the colours of the Welsh flag. There's nothing 'creeping' about it, the fundamentals of the club was built on Welsh identity and its great to see it making a resurgence.

Last edited: