Signings for 2021/22 season

moggy#9

I’d he happy enough if Mosey returns. I think a 3rd line of Mosey, Dixon and Ben Davies would be horrible to play against. I can see understand if Skalde doesn’t see a place for him on this team tho.
I feel for Evan. If he qualified as a Brit all the top teams in this league would be throwing money at him.
Mosey is incredibly useful to have on a team because of his speed, skill and ability to play forward or defence. Hell, if we needed him to he'd probably put on some pads and play in net.

jenks33

Thread starter #182
Mosey is incredibly useful to have on a team because of his speed, skill and ability to play forward or defence. Hell, if we needed him to he'd probably put on some pads and play in net.
Yeah I agree, very useful player and I’ll be happy if he’s back. Looking at it from Skalde’s point of view tho how many overseas forwards will we sign? Probably 7 or 8? So Dixon is one and I still think Haddad will return so that leaves 5 or 6 remaining forwards. Skalde will obviously have a list of forwards he wants to sign sign so I understand if he doesn’t see room for Mosey. I appreciate he can play forward and D but if Batch returns he can be that utility player.

moggy#9

Yeah I agree, very useful player and I’ll be happy if he’s back. Looking at it from Skalde’s point of view tho how many overseas forwards will we sign? Probably 7 or 8? So Dixon is one and I still think Haddad will return so that leaves 5 or 6 remaining forwards. Skalde will obviously have a list of forwards he wants to sign sign so I understand if he doesn’t see room for Mosey. I appreciate he can play forward and D but if Batch returns he can be that utility player.
I take your point but, with all due respect to batchy, he is in a different part of the depth chart. The time he was out though his injury showed how much mosey brought to the club in other ways. It would be disappointing if the two way loyalty with mosey didn't turn into a return. Now more than ever we need that returning core of a team.

JC23

100% would love to see Mosey back. Not just on the ice, but in the locker room.

He definitely seems like the kind of guy who would keep things loose no matter how much pressure is on, every team needs that every now and then.

Devils86

Given the treatment with his injury last season and the organization's love for Evan, coupled with the Skalde philosophy of speed and skill, I'd be very surprised if Evan wasn't part of our plans. Very surprised and disappointed if he signed elsewhere. Versatile or not Evan showed when he came back towards the end of last season (for the Devils) that's just a damn fine forward.

I expect him, Batchy, Richardson and Myers to all sign. Regrettably I don't see Haddad coming back - love to be wrong though.

What are the coming season's rules on imports? Have they abandoned the previous change due to Covid? Presume not.

ASHIPP

With the absence of ice in Cardiff, Nottingham is probably one of the few premier ice locations available to players for practice. Given that Evan will know several Panthers and Team GB players very well, it wouldn't surprise me if he is staying with one of them whilst training.

I remember Tyson Marsh saying once that groups of players (who play for NHL, AHL, ECHL teams) who are friends or live in the vicinity train together at locations during the Summer months in North America. Doesn't mean they are all going to play for the same team!

Wannabe2

No player has ripped this league apart, especially a D Man not even Fournier and he was the Dogs, still sticking to my
View and expect to see the guys back that I go with. Stay Safe All.

JC23

Since this has turned in to a bit of a rumours thread, I'll add another one

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/24345/matt-register

Has put up silly numbers in the Coast as a defenseman. A possible Fournier replacement. A Calgary connection. I've put his name on rumour threads for the past 5 years I think, although not backed by any evidence, more hope than anything. But I bet he'd be a great signing.
Boom nicely done.

Finny

My initial thoughts are that Register's signing means Fournier is definitely not returning.

Jardine was never going to be an out and out attacking defenceman.

JC23

An impressive signing. I wonder if this means jardine won't be back.
I don’t think there’s much chance of a Jardine return personally.

He seems to be enjoying life in Greenville from what I see on social media, and he’s been one of the best in the league this past year. AHL may be calling if he keeps it up.

jenks33

Thread starter #200
You’d like to think Register will score a lot of points on the Powerplay. He’s got a huge shot on him, previously won the hardest shot in the ECHL.