Zemgale Jelgava Vs Devils - Conti Cup - 18th Nov 23 - FO 16:00 (15:00 UK)

Finny

Missed the second period but the first and third periods were a dominant Devils performance.
You could argue we should have scored more but we did enough without IMO needing to get into top gear.

I think it was important to win by more than we lost last night and we achieved that.

Finny

I see that the devils social media team have learnt nothing from the disrespect they showed nomad by not even knowing their going name. They ran a similar post on Twitter for today's game. Utterly embarrassing.
Are people getting angry about this because they think the videos were filmed recently?

moggy#9

Are people getting angry about this because they think the videos were filmed recently?
Obviously the videos were filmed before they left Cardiff, but that's irrelevant. This sort of thing makes us look unprofessional, as did the French fancy dress. Unfortunately that seems to be the attitude of the social media team - anything for a laugh.

Don’t think it’s about when the clips were filmed it’s more about the team taking the piss out of their opponents name.
I believe that whether or not these are serious videos it shows a lack of respect for your opponent, and the team dressing up as French onion sellers can only be interpreted as a piss take!
Karma is a bitch and she visited us yesterday, let’s hope she doesn’t return tomorrow!

ASHIPP

It's looks all tongue in cheek to me. Can't believe that our Team Coach (and National Team coach who meticulously prepares Team GB against all opposition) wouldn't analyse any of the other teams in this tournament ...particularly as the Devils are favorites in this round!

Of course our players will have been briefed and studied their opposition...whether that translates to their on -ice success is a different matter. As for dressing up with onions and berets...maybe just a bit of pre -tournament fun? Let's face it, it's been a tough enough environment in UK hockey over the last few weeks.