Your player of the weekend!

scottydoesntknow - how much do you know?

I had forgotten about this thread but glad i went back to read it now.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion as long as they back it up.

If you read what i originally wrote something along the lines of Hartwick cant pass, shoot or even make a decent hit. I am obviously not a Mike Hartwick fan, although as he plays for the Cardiff Devils i will give the guy a break. The reason why i said all this orignally if we go back about 10 pages was that Mike Hartwick did not deserve Man of the Match for one of the games.

Yes Mike Hartwick has had some good games but for me he is still weak at clearing the front of the net, i think his passing is poor and i think his shooting is even worse than Darby's was.

I think you need to let go a little and back up your answers.

Shoot me down if you will scottydoesntknow but at least i have tried to back up my answers.

I completly agree about Hartwick not deserving mom the other week, guess the sponsor was a puck bunny who wanted a pic with him!

However, I think he's an easy target as he does very little going forward now. He did prove in his stint as a forward last year that he can play a more offensive role for the team.

And to bring up his lack of goals is crazy, while Jarvis has 16 goals, 10 of those have been on the powerplay. Hartwick doesn't ice pp so it is an unfair comparison even if you discount the difference in roles.

You were also criticising Hartwick on his points production - and to criticise the points production from a stay at home D-man is stupid... it doesn't mean anything as it's not his job to score points!

Thats fine i respect your decision, but i feel that he doesnt do his duties of being a stay at home defense man. I believe there to be better out there for what we pay Hartwick.

As a team though i believe we continually punch above our weight at home but we need to start playing better away otherwise it will get into the heads of the players just like the jinx with playing at nottingham. 1 win in what 20 games played there......

Finny

andydevils said:
Thats fine i respect your decision, but i feel that he doesnt do his duties of being a stay at home defense man. I believe there to be better out there for what we pay Hartwick.
How much are we paying him then?
I've been very impressed with Hartwick over the last season and a bit, and would say he is the best stay at home defenceman we've had in a long time.

TheStub

I asked about +/- last season, and was told the only person likely to have that is G,and the club didn't want it public.

I think that is a shame, as it gives some very interesting stories about how certain players are doing that points don't.

wildthing74

Can see why they would do that mind.Would be interesting stat mind and maybe would chance some opinions we may already have of certain players.

A

Anonymous

For what its worth I kind of agree with Scotty. If Hartwicks a stay at home D man he doesn't need to be racking up points. We have other players for that. But in fairness I don't know enough of the boy to have much of an opinion. Perhaps this will change if he plays Sunday as I have my tickets VERY close by!

ASHIPP

Mike was contracted as a stay at home dman - by implication, if he scores goals and adds assists, he's more than doing his job! Every player has off days. It's true he probably did not deserve MOM a few weeks ago but he is a solid dman, and it seems that some folks have forgotten that he was part of the 2nd best defensive unit in the League last year....and this year.
Scotty Romfo was also signed as a stay at home dman - he has also scored and assisted in several games. Ritchie and Jarvo are all-rounders. We are lucky to have that flexibility. :cool:

Gazza272

Thread starter #54
ASHIPP said:
Mike was contracted as a stay at home dman - by implication, if he scores goals and adds assists, he's more than doing his job! Every player has off days. It's true he probably did not deserve MOM a few weeks ago but he is a solid dman, and it seems that some folks have forgotten that he was part of the 2nd best defensive unit in the League last year....and this year.
Scotty Romfo was also signed as a stay at home dman - he has also scored and assisted in several games. Ritchie and Jarvo are all-rounders. We are lucky to have that flexibility. :cool:

Not so sure Romfo was signed as a stay at homer, he was on most powerplay units and his stats in the ECHL were very favourable to Tyson's i think Richardson was more the stay at home guy rather than Romfo imo.

Agreed though on the flexability, all our D men are pretty responsible and especially last weekend were very rarely caught out of position.