Your player of the weekend!

wildthing74

His points tally has no relevance as a D man.wil Jarvo being a coast to coast player that gets the points I would be more worried if our other top defenseman had high points too as his job is to defend.

Im happy our stay at home D man isnt lighting the lamp because i'd be to worried who was staying at home with Stevie!

Hartwick did his job to the T this weekend.

My player of the weekend was Finnerty, worked overtime as normal hell of a player.

I would add Gerad into the list. Best weekend of hockey from him all year, but over the two games I would say Wes.

Can not think of anyone who had a bad weekend on or off ice....

Have not laughed or been entertained like that for a while...

ASHIPP

Jay, Tylor, Ryan, Stevie, G and Max all had stormers but for me it has to be Jarvo. Brilliant positioning, blocking opposing players and clearing the puck quickly....and he scored twice! :cool:

Gazza272

Thread starter #25
ASHIPP said:
Jay, Tylor, Ryan, Stevie, G and Max all had stormers but for me it has to be Jarvo. Brilliant positioning, blocking opposing players and clearing the puck quickly....and he scored twice! :cool:

In fact the only player in our squad to have scored more than once this weekend. We sure spread the scoring around this weekend :D

A

Anonymous

wildthing74 said:
His points tally has no relevance as a D man.wil Jarvo being a coast to coast player that gets the points I would be more worried if our other top defenseman had high points too as his job is to defend.
Surely it does? It adds to his list of qualities. A D-man who score goals doesn't make a bad D-man !!

Wes Jarvis must be the most consistantly brilliant player the Devils have ever iced, not only last weekend but all weekends. Even when he was injured he was brilliant!

James

Administrator
Budgie said:
Wes Jarvis must be the most consistantly brilliant player the Devils have ever iced, not only last weekend but all weekends. Even when he was injured he was brilliant!
You aren't Wes Jarvis are you :D

wildthing74

TheDevilTorn said:
wildthing74 said:
Surely it does? It adds to his list of qualities. A D-man who score goals doesn't make a bad D-man !!
Trust me it doesn't.If Hartwick had the same stats as Wes then who is watching the blue line?Ofcourse any points are a bonus but he is there to defend end of.We got Jarvis for PP's etc.
It's the same in football.You would not get many complaining that say Jamie Carragher scored about 3 goals in 10 years because how many goals has he saved in that time?

Stevie Lyle, about time he got MOM. Everybody usually forgets how many times his saves have not only kept us in the game BUT have won us the game. His 'kick' save on the breakaway by Shields was awesome. Overall though the entire team finally played as a team and not as individuals :twisted:

ASHIPP

Budgie said:
Tyson Teplitsky's skates were always going to be big ones to fill......but they are fitting Wes perfectly right now! :D Jarvo has to be one of, if not the best offensive Dman in the Elite League at the moment. And he's in OUR team! :cool:

A

Anonymous

wildthing74 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
wildthing74 said:
Trust me it doesn't.If Hartwick had the same stats as Wes then who is watching the blue line?Ofcourse any points are a bonus but he is there to defend end of.We got Jarvis for PP's etc.
It's the same in football.You would not get many complaining that say Jamie Carragher scored about 3 goals in 10 years because how many goals has he saved in that time?
But Lescott is highly rated and look how many goals he scores. When one D goes up the other stays back anyway so Jarvis and Hartwick wouldnt both be in an advanced position. As for Carragher great defender that he is. He should score more from corners and set plays by law of average at least.

Angelic_Devil said:
Belfast game I thought a few of our players played well but I thought Hilly stood out for me he worked well every shift!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Thought there'd be one!!!!!!!
Only a vote for Crisp would have surprised me more.

bluedevil said:
But Chris McAllister is rubbish, just look at how few points he scores!
Are you as thick as you seem?
The whole point of a stay at home defencemen is to stay at home
I'd be verry worried if Hartwick was racking up the same amount of points as Jarvis.

Also, how on earth can you call Chris McAllister rubbish?
he was only a regular NHL player at one stage!
Whenever he was on the ice, we could never get close to the net... remember that hit on Hinks?
remember that toughness?
yeah, you're right.
DEFINITELY RUBBISH!

It annoys me how STUPID some idiots are! :evil: :evil: