YOUR Cardiff Devils - what do you want to see?

Thread starter #1
This is just a thread I thought I'd start for what you would like to see with YOUR CLUB. (Off the ice)

Things like:

Kids club? I've seen on Rockford Icehogs site that they have a kids club $20. They get some things that IMO might not work in Cardiff, but they get an autograph book, membership card, tshirt (demons?), half price entry to things/events.... Would this work? Would there be enough interest? Are there enough children?

The blaze tennis ball thing I thing, but maybe done a different way?

Maybe more competitions in the period breaks, E.G Frozen tshirt, ice your wife, etc etc?

This is not a thread where I am bashing the club at all, just other ideas on what you may want to see to add to the "match night experience"

samidevils said:
Kids club? I've seen on Rockford Icehogs site that they have a kids club $20. They get some things that IMO might not work in Cardiff, but they get an autograph book, membership card, tshirt (demons?), half price entry to things/events.... Would this work? Would there be enough interest? Are there enough children?

The blaze tennis ball thing I thing, but maybe done a different way?
I used to have a junior Devils membership card when I was a kid, I don't actually remember having anything or it actually meaning anything but I was more than happy enough as a kid with the card saying I was a member :lol: I think it was with the South Wales Echo every year but I can't really remember. So even giving kids a membership card and a few free things would be a good idea.

Whats the Blaze tennis ball thing?

Thread starter #4
They have players numbers on tennis balls, scorch (the alligator thing) throws them into the crowd randomly and when the blaze score, whoever has the number on the ball which matches the player who scores number, win's a (goody bag?) Don't ask what happens if they don't score.... i assume nobody wins!!!! :lol:

I used to have a junior Devils membership card when I was a kid, I don't actually remember having anything or it actually meaning anything but I was more than happy enough as a kid with the card saying I was a member :lol: I think it was with the South Wales Echo every year but I can't really remember. So even giving kids a membership card and a few free things would be a good idea.
Think i had one of those entitled me to £5 standing tickets i then used to sit at the front of the away block as there were always some seats free there :cool:

Thread starter #6
And what about the "red out the rink" which was last night IIRC.

How about the club (if it doesn't cost toooo much) investing in 1500 red hand towels or value tshirts like the NHL do for playoffs :D Or even charge 50p a tshirt as some people may forget etc.

The red out thing is because I think we are the only team in the league with a red kit - plus we are welsh and is it not a national colour? If we had a white out it could easily be for any team in the league!

El Supremo said:
I don't understand the red out the rink thing. We play in white so why is red the colour of choice?
Well the fans are the Red Army, our logo is red - we just play in the lighter colour home kit as its always been but we have red on it, and our away kits red, the Welsh dragon is red (we're the only Welsh team in the league) and red is more intimidating than white! Plus no one else is known for playing in red so it doesn't matter - although I think Nottingham might have a red away kit or is it a 3rd kit? It only works if everyone does it though. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/2412359264_b2629f8cfd.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2654/3934204586_3cfc65b961.jpg

I did find it funny in the NHL play-offs when Pittsburgh were having the 'white-out' of their rink but the Caps were playing in white so it looked like all the support was for them :lol:

Also one of nottinghams strips is a red kit this year.

But Red Devil.. Red Dragon. Red is the colour of Wales. (and green and white.. but mainly red) :lol:

Gazza272

samidevils said:
Yep, it was put on a hidden page, I found it, posted it. It hasn't been mentioned since......

mmm if it was hidden (which i didnt realise) i take it back, as the club probably didnt even want people to find out :lol:

Thread starter #20
nmase20 said:
Im pretty sure that that page was actually the link from last years red out the rink? i could be wrong though.
I'm sure the last red out the rink was V sheffield??

EDITED: I just looked, last year the 26th was a friday.

What I found:

The Cardiff Devils are going to turn several of our fixtures into themed Hockey Nights in Cardiff at the arena in Cardiff Bay. We are looking to add an extra dimension to some of our home matches and we want you the fans to be the stars of the show!

Saturday 26th September “RED-OUT THE RINK”

For the return of the Hull Stingrays, we are looking into making a sea of red jerseys and clothing, to make the Red Army even more impressive. The last clash with Hull was a barnstormer and we want to make a strong statement for their return.

If you have any suggestions for theme night please email keira@cardiffdevils.com with your ideas and you could see them made real at the next Hockey Night in Cardiff!

If you have any connection to a student union or society and would like to know more and perhaps get more involved in student relations with The Cardiff Devils then please contact us and if you have any promotions you would like to see running at the arena then please direct all sales and marketing queries to keira@cardiffdevils.com or call the office on 0844 801 2010