World Cup

A

Anonymous

Rempel16 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
I didn't say Messi had played better than Robinho, just more consistent over the whole 90mins. He always does, thats why he plays for arguably the best 2 teams in the world and was voted the best player in the world.
I don't doubt for a minute that Messi is the best in the world. That means absolutely nothing though in the context of who has 'lit up the world cup'. Messi was actually pretty poor by his Barcelona standards - something that he is often criticised for is that he doesn't perform the same at national level.

Robinho however, got it it done at the right moments. Same as Ozil.

I hope the best players all turn up soon though because this world cup has sucked so far.
Well I've just watched Spain who could not break down the Swiss for love nor money, Alonso however was superb. His passing all game was excellent. One of the performances of the tournament so far in my book!

Messi is an excellent player who we all expect to play to a super human level almost every game. Sometimes we dont notice even when he plays very well, like he did the other night. Heres the review on goal.com which sums his performance up perfectly .....

The Barcelona star had long been criticised for failing to turn up for the national team but against Nigeria in Argentina’s opening game, the 22-year-old looked superb. Messi, placed first in the Castrol Rankings, wasn’t at his best, but he was quite creative and looked to have found his rhythm. Messi will be looking to do the same against South Korea on Thursday.

Not at his best but was still superb !!

From a different forum (not mine). :lol:

The horns sound exactly like the Millennium Stadium used to for Wales football matches and I'd go home with my ears ringing, to me its not atmosphere just constant noise, but then saying that it doesn't really bother me watching the games as if thats what the South Africans want to do let them enjoy it. As long as people don't get the idea of bringing them to the hockey I'm fine with them! :D

As for the teams the Germans have looked the best for me so far, of the games I've watched anyways. And as good as Ozil was, he had a yellow card and was subbed so he cost me points in my fantasy league team! He'll have to make up for it next game. :lol:

Don't know if anyone saw that Leicester City fan who did the song about Yann Kermorgant after Cardiff beat them in the Play-Off Semi but he's done another one about the Vuvzela's too, I thought it was pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmDVz1ED84