World Cup

Step forward moron number 1 :lol:

The horns (sorry forgot the name) can be annoying, but I like the distinct atmosphere it brings to the games.

Something distinct like that would be good at the Devils IMO - whether it's a sound (preferable) or a visual thing. Perhaps something that doesn't annoy many people :D

Why? So you can get as far away from me as possible? :lol:

I don't know yet sorry. I'm not suggesting the horns (although I don't really mind them), but maybe a disctinct sound we create when a goal is scored or something - or even properly embarce the towell waving?

Original ideas would be good though :D

Rempel16

Ger-Devils said:
Them Vuvuzela's are annoying as hell! Ban them just like they should ban horns at any sporting events!
Ban vevuzela's at an African world cup? Why?

I think they add something very unique to the atmosphere and are a part of African culture, they're brilliant in my opinion and certainly better than overhearing obscene chants from the fans.

Thread starter #10
Not sure a plastic trumpet can be classed as part of african culture and its not an african world cup its a world cup it belongs to everyone.

A

Anonymous

Well it is the Africans tournament isn't it, its being held on their turf, so we have to accept these plastic trumpets, unfortunately It seems like some people outside of Africa like them, but most don't. The BBC have received 530+ complaints, which is silly because it isn't the BBC's fault, but it shows that its annoying the majority. Even some of the players have complained. I do agree that its better than listening to the usual, "who's the (add explicit word) in the black", but still annoying none the less. Looks like we'll just have to put up with it.

The 2018 WC, could be in England, so you can look forward to the sound of breaking glass, the cracking of jaws and lots of unpleasant, unsavory language ! :eek: :? :lol:

Thread starter #12
Going off topic a second a minute but what will happen when the WORLD CUP tournament finishes who will be using the stadia this could Bankrupt south africa.

Rempel16

TheDevilTorn said:
Well it is the Africans tournament isn't it, its being held on their turf, so we have to accept these plastic trumpets, unfortunately It seems like some people outside of Africa like them, but most don't. The BBC have received 530+ complaints, which is silly because it isn't the BBC's fault, but it shows that its annoying the majority. Even some of the players have complained. I do agree that its better than listening to the usual, "who's the (add explicit word) in the black", but still annoying none the less. Looks like we'll just have to put up with it.

The 2018 WC, could be in England, so you can look forward to the sound of breaking glass, the cracking of jaws and lots of unpleasant, unsavory language ! :eek: :? :lol:
Have the BBC had less than 1000 viewers then?

Appreciate that not everyone annoyed with them has complained but surely without an official poll it can only be a generalisation that it's annoying the majority.

Yes, some of the players have complained, but some have also said they like it, Jamie Carragher being one.

Rempel16

Batman said:
Not sure a plastic trumpet can be classed as part of african culture and its not an african world cup its a world cup it belongs to everyone.
Ok, I take it back, it's not part of African culture.

But it is Africa's world cup, hence South Africa are the hosts. To compare, London 2012 is going to be done London's way, not the rest of the world's..... Just as South Africa 2010 should be done South Africa's way.

Like them or not, the vevuzela is here to stay in this world cup.

I hope Chile come to play this afternoon, the one team that are guaranteed to go all-out as they know no other way! Hopefully they can light up what has so far been a dire tournament (Ozil and Robinho aside).

A

Anonymous

Rempel 16 >

I think its fair to say that it annoys most, no need for any survey. Just talk to people at work, in the pubs etc, they all say the same thing! How often do you relax to the sound of 10,000 rampant bee's? :lol:

I'd also say its not only Ozil and Robinho who have lit up the world cup. I would add the "whole" of the North Koreans, the Germans too. Lets not forget the best player in the world who had a brilliant opening game!

Rempel16

TheDevilTorn said:
Rempel 16 >

I think its fair to say that it annoys most, no need for any survey. Just talk to people at work, in the pubs etc, they all say the same thing! How often do you relax to the sound of 10,000 rampant bee's? :lol:

I'd also say its not only Ozil and Robinho who have lit up the world cup. I would add the "whole" of the North Koreans, the Germans too. Lets not forget the best player in the world who had a brilliant opening game!
Ok, just asked my work colleagues, family and friends. So far, my parents are the only two I have found who think they're annoying. So as far as i'm concerned it's not fair to say most.

Sorry but after Ozil left the field, the Germans were a completely different team, if he hadn't played that scoreline would have been closer.
The 'whole' of the N.Koreans played a slightly passionate game. It most certainly wasn't exciting though. These players are playing on the world stage but unfortunately they all seem to be scared of losing and so everyone parks the bus. As it was, Chile had the most expansive first half of football out of all teams so far.

Messi didn't have the best of games in my opinion. He showed that he's looking confident and up for it but he was up against a weak Nigerian defence and still couldn't convert the chances.

A

Anonymous

You just asked your work colleagues, friends and family? Jeez, would hate to have your phone bill :lol:
Messi had a cracking game for the whole 90 where Robinho played very well for 45 and drifted out of the game in the 2nd. I thought N.Korea were great, the passion and enthusiasm was immense, and they scored against one of the best teams on the planet. It would be like the Swindon wild cats scoring against the red wings!

As for these trumpet things, I think just for the simple fact that everyone is talking about them shows that they do peoples nut in. They are not musical in any way and just drone on and on for the full 90 mins. How people enjoy that beats me. But hey, were all different !

Rempel16

TheDevilTorn said:
You just asked your work colleagues, friends and family? Jeez, would hate to have your phone bill :lol:
Messi had a cracking game for the whole 90 where Robinho played very well for 45 and drifted out of the game in the 2nd. I thought N.Korea were great, the passion and enthusiasm was immense, and they scored against one of the best teams on the planet. It would be like the Swindon wild cats scoring against the red wings!

As for these trumpet things, I think just for the simple fact that everyone is talking about them shows that they do peoples nut in. They are not musical in any way and just drone on and on for the full 90 mins. How people enjoy that beats me. But hey, were all different !
No, don't need a phone! I already know my friends and family views and it didn't take long to walk around my place of work and get a general feel for whether they're good or bad. Some of the clientele also agreed. Maybe I should have said I just asked my work colleagues.

Messi made about 3 dribbles, all successful, 4ish 1-2 attempts, 2 of which didn't come off and scored no goals, had no assists.

Robinho made about 3 dribbles, all successful, with feints and stepovers and also pulled out the best pass of the tournament so far for Elano's goal.

1-0 to Robinho in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

The phone comment was a joke, highlighted with a :lol:
I didn't say Messi had played better than Robinho, just more consistent over the whole 90mins. He always does, thats why he plays for arguably the best 2 teams in the world and was voted the best player in the world.

Perhaps we could ask the inferno members to vote on these plastic and iconic trumpet things, perhaps a +1 for those who like them and a -1 for those who dont? I'll go first .........

Rempel16

TheDevilTorn said:
I didn't say Messi had played better than Robinho, just more consistent over the whole 90mins. He always does, thats why he plays for arguably the best 2 teams in the world and was voted the best player in the world.
I don't doubt for a minute that Messi is the best in the world. That means absolutely nothing though in the context of who has 'lit up the world cup'. Messi was actually pretty poor by his Barcelona standards - something that he is often criticised for is that he doesn't perform the same at national level.

Robinho however, got it it done at the right moments. Same as Ozil.

I hope the best players all turn up soon though because this world cup has sucked so far.