With fans like these who needs enemies.

Missed the point, and if you read the g/t I said both teams were poor. But feel free to get offended and no im sure if fans start to stay away because games are dull that will be great for all concerned :eek:

ASHIPP

jester said:
Missed the point, and if you read the g/t I said both teams were poor. But feel free to get offended and no im sure if fans start to stay away because games are dull that will be great for all concerned :eek:
None of us are offended - just proud and relieved that our team managed to produce a result like that in a difficult place against a top team. :cool:

However, I do wonder if the result had been reversed whether the perception of the game as a snoozefest would even have been an issue for you. ;)

I bought the webcast and it was dull as dishwater. I was over the moon with the win, but that didn't mask the poor entertainment that both teams provided.

To call it a stuffing is ridiculous!

I think the team is "ok" this year

Not last years team by any stretch, the games for me are always good and the atmosphere always seems great in the tent whenever I go

My problem, after my latest experience, has left me feeling a little annoyed

Wife decided to get me this seasons jersey for my birthday (on the 7th Nov) ordered a week in advance (jersey says shipped in 1-2 days on the website)

My birthday came and went, according to my wife numerous calls and emails were made to ensure delivery would be before the 7th, emails weren't responded to, calls went unanswered despite a great number of attempts, eventually the Jersey was sent on the 11th Nov and arrived on the Monday, a full week after my birthday and over 2 weeks since it was ordered

Sadly the wife didn't realise they were rhino jerseys and thus come up stupidly small so she ordered my usual size which doesn't fit and the arms on it only come halfway down my arm, also the quality is quite bad compared to last years jersey

We are now attempting to return it, but once again emails and phonecalls go ignored, so we have no idea if the item will be refunded as I really don't want the jersey now esp as the arms don't fit

No doubt i'll be flamed for pointing this out, and I'm sure many back room staff work incredibly hard, but if my wife (who prints tee shirts) can manage to design, cut, print and send tee shirts within a day or 2 surely the Cardiff Devils can stuff a jersey onto a bag and sent it within 2 weeks or answer the phone and explain the situation

Also is it bad that when I was told "my present" hadn't arrived on my birthday and they had such trouble contacting people my first thought was it must be a devils jersey?

I just find it embarrassing that this is the reality of the team I support, could that be part of the reason we are losing fans/money?

This about sums up the state of the club at the moment. PR was quick to point out what a mess the club had become under Matt Burge, sorry but at least most things got done. it may not have been perfect but it was far away from where we are now.

Even in the days of Bob and Maraini with one employee things got done, better fixtures were negotiated and Players got paid ( BP had learned from what he called the Dark Days ) and the backlash that followed when players weren't paid. We now hear rumours that our Legends have not been paid their expenses from the Festival of Hockey, the same players that made this club great long before the current regime came in and brought the club to its knees, and now the staff haven't got enough hours or shovels to dig it out of the ****. The Jerseys seem to be the only merchandise and they can't even get that right, the only real outlet is Match night as it is the only way you can be sure to get what you pay for if you read the above post.

Ok we play in a plastic tent, but the club can't keep using that as an excuse, we have done that for six years and things haven't been as bad as now. The tent is as rubbish now as it was on the first week in there. It is time that the Devils ownership/ management took a long look in the mirror because we are all tired of listening to the excuses.

There are a couple of people who are working hard to try and deliver the service that used to be provided by former Devils administrations but I fear they are fighting a losing battle.

It may be that it is the fault of the Council/Planet Ice, the team, the fans Uncle Tom Cobley and all, but just think how convenient it would be for The Council if the Devils were no longer. PI could challenge their decision to remove them as the winning operator and would be reinstated to build their Skydome 2

I have myself been through many battles on behalf of the Devils with SORAC but even I am losing the will to defend or support this club following some of the latest rumours

The club has never been perfect, but it is as far away from perfect now than it has ever been. In these hard financial times it is more important to retain and add to customers by providing a good product than to upset current customers and hope to attract replacement customers.

I’ll start by saying I’m a long-serving Capitals fan but I do sense a whiff of déjà-vu, (compared with the trials at Edinburgh) about Cardiff this season. I can’t help but feel that the EIHL is a bit like the Euro-Zone, you know where the less well funded teams like Cardiff, Hull, Sheffield (aka Greece, Ireland, Spain...) completely overspend for a short term gain (e.g. Weller £££) and then complaining when in effect the bill lands on the door mat. Nottingham and Belfast (aka Germany and France) can be as smug as they like but it won’t help the situation. Matters in Cardiff weren’t helped either, imo, when the back office staff ‘left’ only to be replaced by a WAG. That’s not good for morale.

The solution to all this in these harsh economic times is the old chestnut, a wage cap. However to continue with the Euro-Zone analogy, the EIHL is too far down this defined path to be salvaged in its present form. A major overhaul (aka an EU treaty rewrite) in the EIHL is required.

The bright side for me is that Edinburgh is on the up as it sticks to a budget regardless – proving it can be done in spite of all the similar problems that Cardiff is currently experiencing.

steve

Ok, maybe some valid arguments, but the thread was about merch sales,specifically poor service withthe online sales. Seems to be a repeating theme? If i lived anywhere near, i'd volunteer to process merch orders.

The club could change the site to say 'all orders processed on X day each week' and then make use of the volunteers i know there are around. Or has the owner forgotten all about his 'humbling' experience, and promise to 'drop the arrogance' and make use of help when it is offered!?!

steve said:
Ok, maybe some valid arguments, but the thread was about merch sales,specifically poor service withthe online sales. Seems to be a repeating theme? .........
Thread Title : With fans like these who needs enemies

The current state of Cardiff is due to a multitude of reasons, the handling of merchandising (or not as seems to be the case) being only one factor that is acutely obvious. I note a ‘Well done Nina’ thread popping up 30 minutes after my comment about a WAG replacing back office staff. Running a business professionally is based on organisational systems being in place not personalities. Anyway you can promote the team all you like but until the faithful core of fans are seen to be cherished by the club by doing the little things right (online sales being a case in point), you are on a hiding to nothing. IMO of course.

voth26

WapCap said:
steve said:
Ok, maybe some valid arguments, but the thread was about merch sales,specifically poor service withthe online sales. Seems to be a repeating theme? .........

The current state of Cardiff is due to a multitude of reasons, the handling of merchandising (or not as seems to be the case) being only one factor that is acutely obvious. I note a ‘Well done Nina’ thread popping up 30 minutes after my comment about a WAG replacing back office staff. Running a business professionally is based on organisational systems being in place not personalities. Anyway you can promote the team all you like but until the faithful core of fans are seen to be cherished by the club by doing the little things right (online sales being a case in point), you are on a hiding to nothing. IMO of course.
some of your points are valid, the only one where i think your wrong is the wag bit, i dont think there is a need for that nina is g's wife to start, and secondly my understanding is she does this type of job as a living so there fore that would make her a logical choice for the job.

They need to sell smaller things that kids coming to games can buy, key rings,pens, rulers, pencil cases etc. On match night the average kid hasn't got £40-50 burning a hole in his/her pocket. The low price range consists of a calender. puck and hat.

In the past we have had miniature jerseys, badges, ties, scarves etc and this time of year things like this make good stocking fillers and gifts. I can understand the club going for the bigger earner but in these tough times they are missing out on the other stuff and so are the less affluent fans ( kids, THEY ARE THE FANS OF THE FUTURE ) and as a business man , the owner needs to translate that in to CUSTOMERS OF THE FUTURE unless he dosen't really care about the long term future despite all of his Public statements to the contrary

voth26 said:
WapCap said:
steve said:

some of your points are valid, the only one where i think your wrong is the wag bit, i dont think there is a need for that nina is g's wife to start, and secondly my understanding is she does this type of job as a living so there fore that would make her a logical choice for the job.
I know Nina does PR for a living and is probably very good at it. However, I personally didn’t think it was a good political/business move to replace perfectly competent employees with a relative of a team member. I’d be furious if it had been me that had been pushed out and like I said not good for morale.

It was the replacing of personnel that was wrong imo, not the taking on of new staff. Additionally it would appear the new team are not focusing on the basics and letting them slide. Exactly the same happened in Edinburgh a couple of years back, that’s all I’m pointing out.

DWD

DevilDom said:
jester said:
I used to love the Devils visits as they were always full on games if the next visit is as much of a snoozefest i wont be back for the third game :cry:
I'll take a Devils win at your place no matter how boring you think it is. Maybe you should be asking how your star studded team couldn't make it more exciting for you! ;)
*chomp*

wildthing74

jodysstillagirlsname said:
They need to sell smaller things that kids coming to games can buy, key rings,pens, rulers, pencil cases etc. On match night the average kid hasn't got £40-50 burning a hole in his/her pocket. The low price range consists of a calender. puck and hat.

In the past we have had miniature jerseys, badges, ties, scarves etc and this time of year things like this make good stocking fillers and gifts. I can understand the club going for the bigger earner but in these tough times they are missing out on the other stuff and so are the less affluent fans ( kids, THEY ARE THE FANS OF THE FUTURE ) and as a business man , the owner needs to translate that in to CUSTOMERS OF THE FUTURE unless he dosen't really care about the long term future despite all of his Public statements to the contrary
Completley agree.I and my wife have sent many emails,spoken to staff match night etc asking for this but always to fall on deaf ears.As a dad of 2 young girls who have been desperate to spend their pocket money each week on such items its amazing the club have not done this.
I have many friends who take youngsters to games who feel the same and would love to be able to buy stocking fillers etc.

Paul Sullivan

WapCap said:
I know Nina does PR for a living and is probably very good at it. However, I personally didn’t think it was a good political/business move to replace perfectly competent employees with a relative of a team member. I’d be furious if it had been me that had been pushed out and like I said not good for morale.

It was the replacing of personnel that was wrong imo, not the taking on of new staff. Additionally it would appear the new team are not focusing on the basics and letting them slide. Exactly the same happened in Edinburgh a couple of years back, that’s all I’m pointing out.
There's a great site I use for industry info and reviews, called prosoundweb.

To use it all members have to register with their full, real name. It's a great site with very transparent debate and total awareness of members.

#justsaying