With fans like these who needs enemies.

Thread starter #1
What happened to supporting the team? Almost every post on here of late seams to be kicking one person or another any number of reasons and frequently ill informed or unjust.
G and Franny got the team to a nats whisker of winning the league last year, they know there jobs they know what's wrong and they will fix it.

May be some in the Red Army should take a long hard look at them selves before pointing the finger at others. Our Job is to get behind our team and lift them when they are down. Not to give them a kicking. That is a treatment we should reserve for the opposition and not our own.

Unfortunately it seems many fans can't accept that we are a mid table team, playing on a mid table budget, in a lower table rink. We need to accept where we are at and just support the team. Not criticise everything.

DWD

I've never heard of fans having "a job" when it comes to games? First time I've heard of a "job" where you actively pay to do it?

You could also say that given that you pay your money, if you don't feel entirely satisfied by what you see you are fully within your rights to pass any criticism you see fit. The length of reason is per your own judgement.

Re: Re: With fans like these who needs enemies.

Hynod said:
Unfortunately it seems many fans can't accept that we are a mid table team, playing on a mid table budget, in a lower table rink. We need to accept where we are at and just support the team. Not criticise everything.
+1
I think we were definitely spoilt last season and that has set a bar for a lot of fans that we were very fortunate to hit in the first place.
We haven't had a team of that skill and chemistry in a long time and unfortunately it may be a while before we see it again. But I will continue to enjoy my hockey and look forward to when that time comes.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Can't comment on the Brahead game as I couldn't make it. In the main for a mid table team we have taken our fair share of top guys "scalps" this season? I for one enjoy all manner of sports! It is a contest between teams / individuals. To date not a great deal of teams / individual have ever gone completely undefeated. Ice Hockey for me is a fantastic sport. Win or loose, I look forwards to the next opportunity to watch hopefully a win for our team. Getting on any individuals back in the destructive manner that seems to be discussed on this forum, in general, does nothing to raise the bar. Our rink in whatever format use to be one of the loudest and best supported. The only JOB we need to do is in our own interest, encourage more people to place their bums on seats thus ensuring that the sport will remain in Cardiff. Oh! and enjoy the occasion and make some noise!

voth26

some fair points posted some facts we have beaten panthers home x2 with a shutout, steelers home x1 with a shutout, giants away in their barn, blaze home and away x2? one with a shutout in their barn if my memory serves me right and the other scoring 6 goals in our barn. so some good points picked up, the main aspects missing for me is the consistency and the confidence of the players in our performances.

Wannabe2

steve said:
being a mid table team i could cope with.

it's having a boring team with no 'characters' i don't like.
Steve just wondering who were our characters last season, and what way do you think we are boring, this is a genuine question and not a dig at anyone.

steve said:

+1.....along with all players giving it 100% every shift.

As I've said a few times on here. Mid table is realistic and doesn't bother me in the slightest while we're in this building. As long as we're playing entertaining, competitive hockey with guys giving it their all tat's all that matters.

Diafol

Soundwave1 said:
steve said:

+1.....along with all players giving it 100% every shift.

As I've said a few times on here. Mid table is realistic and doesn't bother me in the slightest while we're in this building. As long as we're playing entertaining, competitive hockey with guys giving it their all tat's all that matters.
This.

I always say that I can cope with losing as long as the team are playing with commitment. It's when we're beaten and players don't look bothered that I get cheesed off.

Thread starter #17
Off the top of my head
The shut out away at Coventry.
Belfast at the weekend
Brad coming home for one more go at it, making personal sacrifices to do so.
G's block shot away.
Ben's, Richardson's, and Stevie's stunning performance week on week.
Jeff's contender for goal of the season, probably one of the best goals I have seen in the EIHL.
Josh and Chris losing it in the red mist of the moment.
The expression on Max at the weekend when the Clan scored the winning goal.

Yeah right, a team with no passion that's boring to watch. They really couldn't give two hoots could they?

Then again some one on here did describe last years team as mediocre.

Wannabe2

toy_car_uk said:
Off the top of my head
Belfast at the weekend
G's block shot away.
Jeff's contender for goal of the season, probably one of the best goals I have seen in the EIHL.

Yeah right, a team with no passion that's boring to watch. They really couldn't give two hoots could they?
Too much positivity dude, you are going to upset a lot of people, well the same old few that have nowt good to say.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
toy_car_uk said:
Off the top of my head
Belfast at the weekend
G's block shot away.

Too much positivity dude, you are going to upset a lot of people, well the same old few that have nowt good to say.

Too much positivity there dude, you are going to upset a lot of people, well the few that have nowt good to say .

steve

Imagine said:
You don't think Maxi is a character?

What sort of person / player do you want in the side?
Plenty of the current crop of players have shown character at various times, but none of them do it week in week out.

I just find myself unable to get behind the current players - and believe me i wanted to (Frank for example). If you disagree fine, but i actually found myself watching Braehead last week thinking that their players were more interesting/passionate/committed than ours.

A lot of people said Latulippe for example wasn't good enough for last years team - he wasn't (IMO), but i'd have him in this team simply because he would entertain. Players like Prpich, Michel, Derek Campbell whilst not 'top scorers' provided just as much entertainment value and gripped fan's attention.