Why is Ben Simon a priority ahead of Gerad Adams?

Maybe its just as simple as the media in Sheffield crawl all over the Steelers and get something out asap after the big announcement of PR buying them.

Maybe the Cardiff media place news about the Devils further down their list of priorities.

Or maybe, just maybe, its G who is delaying an announcement? Perhaps he is being awkward about details even before agreeing in principle, or perhaps he is thinking of going in a different direction, away from the Devils?

Who knows. But there's no point getting your knickers in a twist about what has and hasn't been apparently said. Have patience and trust in PR's very good business sense.

Finny

Holl_5 said:
As good as that is, it doesn't count as that's for next year! ;)

Simon is current EIHL. I want ex-NHL! :D
Eh???????
Simon is ex-NHL.
Glboke is ex-NHL
Weller is ex-NHL.

But all are current EIHL. Have you been drinking???? ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

DevilDom said:
Holl_5 said:
Ragan didn't bring Simon or Globke in.

Therefore, we're still owed one! ;) :lol:
That is a typically steelers (i.e. flawed) way of looking at something. :twisted:
Maybe Cardiff squeelers does have a ring to it?

isn't it Shannon's job to appoint the coach for the Devils?

ask your self out of Adams and Simon;
Who has a stuck to a plan that has improved the teams performance?
Who has achieved this with tighter budgets?
Who is in a better position to negotiate for next session?
Who is more likely to be approached by other teams?
Who is going to be easier re-signed, crossing the T's and doting I's of any package put on the table?

So, has Simon been made a priority ahead of G? I don't think so my self.

TheStub

Personally I'm glad the Devils avoid the spam non stories Steelers put on the Elite League website.

Lets cut to the crux of the release -the current coach will possibly sign a contract, if it is offered and the terms were good.

There can't be many players or coaches who would say otherwise at this stage of the season. G included.

ASHIPP

I doubt it's a matter of 'Ben Simon being a priority ahead of Gerad Adams' at all.

I can't see Gerad going anywhere else next season other than where he belongs....at the Devils. :D He loves it here, he's been doing a fantastic job and Paul Ragan is shrewd enough to know that a stable veteran coaching/management team (Shannon, Gerad, Franny) is as much key to consistency and success as the skills of the players. :cool: This sporting model is working at the Devils.......G is a pivotal part of that.

Sounds like Paul is v keen to ensure that this also happens at Steelers - it makes business sense as Ben Simon has already worked wonders this year. It will also give the team and the fans some re-assurance of continuity if Simon signs a new contract soon.