Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

James

Administrator
Russell sounds like a done deal. I hope he has an experienced assistant alongside him. Chuck Webber would fit the bill very well I think, would he want to play second fiddle to Russell though? Doing it temporarily for GB is one thing, to do it as your next job is different altogether I think, although he has performed that role for the last few years.
I'd guess that would be massively out of budget. One or the other is more likely

The_Stick_

Thread starter #127
Do we all rate Russell ?
It’s a very tough one for me. His name was mentioned last season, before DuPont was announced permanently, and I was dead against it. It may be because of the dire season we’ve just had, but I’m warming to the idea of PR being our new HC slightly. He knows how to win (evident this season) and has experience coaching in the UK, I also feel he will bring an extensive contacts list and we could really utilise that. I also like the fact that with GB, he has put a lot of faith in Waller and that fills me with plenty of confidence if both are here next season. Will there be better options out there? More than likely yes, but I by no means think he’s the worst.

moggy#9

Difficult to say really. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we're looking for a new head coach this time next year!
I suspect that some might prefer a rock em sockem coach to Russell's more controlled approach. I got one though an looking forward to a more possession centered tactical games with roots in European style.

ASHIPP

One benefit PR might mix it up and bring in some Euro players along with the NA guys. Could be interesting.
Yes what's encouraging here us that he has experience of the European game and European players, in addition to good North Americans playing in Europe. His previous club rosters have reflected a good mix of nationalities and talents.

PR is not afraid to promote good young British players with potential within the Team GB setup......fantastic for players like Waller and Neilson, who will become the next cornerstone generation at Club level.

Earnie

It may have been mentioned earlier but PR has been here years ago. I am not sure in what capacity - maybe looking after Junior Devils.

lloyd_jeff

Do we all rate Russell ?
Depends on time and recruiting, he’s more than qualified, better equipped EIHL, U.K. & European knowledge wise than Skalde and frankly a lettuce would’ve done a better job than Dupont. Given the right tools, he could be good for us, though in 6 months there maybe that “personality“ issue.