Welcome to the Devils Paul Bissonnette!!

Wannabe2

J.B said:
Exciting signing for the Devils and league. Not convinced he is going to improve the team as much as a solid AHL forward but in terms of marketing, bums on seats and entertainment, he should do the job. Interesting to see what impact this has on Deeds ... no longer the cult hero of the Cardiff team and hasn't exactly been setting the scoreboard alight.
This signing is making you cringe inside mate aint it, i can feel your vibes all over your post, your biggest dog in the yard has just become a puppy on a lead, just wish we had our new guy last week, then that would really have been interesting. Anyway think on the positive side sun shine, the Devils will probably bring more fans than ever to your gaff now. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS ;) ;) ;)

Wannabe2

Gazza272 said:
J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Erm he is a solid AHL forward? hence the NHL time!
Come on! Compared to Simon Ferguson, the other guy you were linked with, he is hardly likely to add much on the scoreboard. As I said a few weeks ago about NHLers, I think it is great for the league and I'm glad Ragan has taken the chance to get one in and create a bit of a buzz, especially one as high profile has Biznasty but I have doubts whether he is going to win you more games.
Why can he not contribute as much as Sestito? Who has a decent number of points?
Your talking to JB now, and not a authority on Hockey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wannabe2 said:
Anyway think on the positive side sun shine, the Devils will probably bring more fans than ever to your gaff now. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS ;) ;) ;)
Long time to go until then .... he'll probably be suspended by that point :D ;)

Wannabe2

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Why can he not contribute as much as Sestito? Who has a decent number of points?
Just my opinion looking at stats and a bit of background. Sestito put up numbers in the AHL whereas Bissonnette is an out and out enforcer. Could be wrong though ... has been known! Would be interesting to know what input Mr Ragan had in this signing. I can imagine him looking at Coventry and seeing a) a lunatic running around, winding up the crowd and bringing a buzz to the rink and b) an NHL player bringing the 2nd highest crowd ever and thinking "hmmm kill two birds with one stone". I'd have thought Mr Adams might have been a bit keener to get someone to either stop a few goals go in or score a few.
You worry about your own team on the 25th dude, and let us worry about ours, its going to get HIGH AND MIGHTY INTERESTING. :lol:

Wannabe2

J.B said:
Wannabe2 said:
Anyway think on the positive side sun shine, the Devils will probably bring more fans than ever to your gaff now. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS ;) ;) ;)
Long time to go until then .... he'll probably be suspended by that point :D ;)
Not if he gets half the luck of your pretender. :lol:

Earnie said:
Can't understand why J.B bothers post remarks on here. Nobody is interested in his opinion?
Second that. I've been calling him a Troll on many threads.
J.B are you banned from the Coventry site? by any chance.
Anyway Great news. Quality guy. Bums should be on seats in abundance. Come 25th one bum should be knocked out. #33 Cheap shot, classless, scum.

Well, that wasn't quite what I was expecting but a great signing none the less. Biz will certainly bring a hat full of character to the team, a serious dose of extra toughness, put bums on seats and no doubt shift a few jerseys.

I'd still like to see us go after a big handy defence man who can take care of business in our own end and bring some confidence to our defence. We still need someone who can command and dominate our end of the ice and get medieval on anything that's dumb enough to get in the way around the crease or in the corners. There were a fair few comments of that not happening last year and it seems to still be an issue this year. That's not meant as a slur on the D-men we have now, but I think it's fair to say something's missing in the mix.

Re: these chimps from other teams trolling on here - they can't wind you up or subject you to their irrelevant crap when they're on your 'foe list' in your control panel because you simply don't see what they're writing unless you want to. :idea: Result.

im pretty sure this guy has spent most of his career on d,when he was with the pens he was a d man so could be a very handy player for us indeed and he sure can fight!

zoesdevil

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Erm he is a solid AHL forward? hence the NHL time!
Come on! Compared to Simon Ferguson, the other guy you were linked with, he is hardly likely to add much on the scoreboard. As I said a few weeks ago about NHLers, I think it is great for the league and I'm glad Ragan has taken the chance to get one in and create a bit of a buzz, especially one as high profile has Biznasty but I have doubts whether he is going to win you more games.
But Franis said tonight at game, he is down as a forward but has played most of career as a D man, so his points are mostly as a D man! So a good solo signing IMO!!!

DWD

@DownGoesBrown said:
Congrats to @BizNasty2point0, whose deal with the British league's Cardiff Devils is a chance to visit someplace he's never been: the ice.
Seems like Sean McMorrow 2012 to me. Good luck to him.

DWD said:
@DownGoesBrown said:
Congrats to @BizNasty2point0, whose deal with the British league's Cardiff Devils is a chance to visit someplace he's never been: the ice.
Seems like Sean McMorrow 2012 to me. Good luck to him.

No, no, no.

I would have ripped off his agents arm to have him play in Coventry. Get the obvious out of the way first: he'll actually give you some genuine toughness to replace Didiomete's attempt at toughness. He'll bring more PR than any player you've ever had as North American media are very interested in him. He's a big name if not for his play.

Now here's the thing: HE CAN PLAY! Ignore his stats from the NHL as he's literally only there to fight. Same in the AHL, though when Wilkes Barre gave him some ice time he had a good year 3 years back. When he was used as a player first, fighter second, he actually scored at a similar rate per game than some fella you have called Mac Faulkner. How's that for a stat? 42 Points from 62 games in the ECHL generally equates to at least a point a game in the EIHL.

McMorrow couldn't lace Bisonnette's skates.

Koop11

Proper stoked about this signing. I don’t think Biz will necessarily light the lamp all to often but you have to play a certain level of hockey to play NHL. This guy’s game is to enforce and clearly we have not had the protection from the league or its officials in games so we have to take matters into our own hands. This is a top NHL enforcer and will sell tickets. This brings the Weller buzz back that we have a couple of seasons ago.

Well done to Regan, G, Franny, and I understand Blight on making the signing happen. Looking forward to our next home game.

Welcome Paul. This league is not the NHL and our home is not the Air Canada Centre but you will be welcomed and appreciated like never before.