Welcome to the Devils Paul Bissonnette!!

tim78

Hats of to Gerad, Neil, Paul and anyone else in making this signing.

Welcome Paul to Cardiff.
Biz Nasty :Banana :twisted:

That is VERY impressive. Biz Nasty is a Twitter legend: Cardiff are about to become the most famous European hockey team in the world! Seriously this guy is hilarious and known far more for his quips than his hockey.

On the ice he's not exactly going to set the world on fire, however (with no disrespect to you current 'enforcer'/punchbag) this guy is the type of player that other teams fear instead of laugh at. Last weekend could well have been a different story with him around.

Thread starter #10
Chris Carpenter said:
That is VERY impressive. Biz Nasty is a Twitter legend: Cardiff are about to become the most famous European hockey team in the world! Seriously this guy is hilarious and known far more for his quips than his hockey.

On the ice he's not exactly going to set the world on fire, however (with no disrespect to you current 'enforcer'/punchbag) this guy is the type of player that other teams fear instead of laugh at. Last weekend could well have been a different story with him around.
Spot on!

Exciting signing for the Devils and league. Not convinced he is going to improve the team as much as a solid AHL forward but in terms of marketing, bums on seats and entertainment, he should do the job. Interesting to see what impact this has on Deeds ... no longer the cult hero of the Cardiff team and hasn't exactly been setting the scoreboard alight.

Gazza272

J.B said:
Exciting signing for the Devils and league. Not convinced he is going to improve the team as much as a solid AHL forward but in terms of marketing, bums on seats and entertainment, he should do the job. Interesting to see what impact this has on Deeds ... no longer the cult hero of the Cardiff team and hasn't exactly been setting the scoreboard alight.

Erm he is a solid AHL forward? hence the NHL time!

Gazza272 said:
Come on! Compared to Simon Ferguson, the other guy you were linked with, he is hardly likely to add much on the scoreboard. As I said a few weeks ago about NHLers, I think it is great for the league and I'm glad Ragan has taken the chance to get one in and create a bit of a buzz, especially one as high profile has Biznasty but I have doubts whether he is going to win you more games.

osh

I think its time we recognised Paul Ragan's contribution in bringing in a guy like Bissonnette. PR has made mistakes along the way for sure, sometimes he's too arrogant to admit it as well, however, no one can deny his commitment to the Devils after this announcement surely? Yes, it may only be only short term( who knows ) but I hope that the next home game will see the BBT full because of his home debut, Hope Mr Bissonnette has a sense of humour - and looking at his tweets I'm sure he has - because he will need it when he sees the BBT. The City of Cardiff will more than make up for that though. So, thanks Paul Ragan !

Gazza272

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
Come on! Compared to Simon Ferguson, the other guy you were linked with, he is hardly likely to add much on the scoreboard. As I said a few weeks ago about NHLers, I think it is great for the league and I'm glad Ragan has taken the chance to get one in and create a bit of a buzz, especially one as high profile has Biznasty but I have doubts whether he is going to win you more games.

Why can he not contribute as much as Sestito? Who has a decent number of points?

Gazza272 said:
Why can he not contribute as much as Sestito? Who has a decent number of points?
Just my opinion looking at stats and a bit of background. Sestito put up numbers in the AHL whereas Bissonnette is an out and out enforcer. Could be wrong though ... has been known!

Would be interesting to know what input Mr Ragan had in this signing. I can imagine him looking at Coventry and seeing a) a lunatic running around, winding up the crowd and bringing a buzz to the rink and b) an NHL player bringing the 2nd highest crowd ever and thinking "hmmm kill two birds with one stone". I'd have thought Mr Adams might have been a bit keener to get someone to either stop a few goals go in or score a few.

Good points production in ECHL was more of a role player in AHL and NHL which is why his points weren't as good. More than good enough to put up points at this level.

Good back up in Deeds as well. Back to being the toughest team in the league. Feels good :smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2