We aren't very good!!!!!

drainage

For goodness sake it's still early in season ..... Who knows what will happen but am sure constant negativity will not help anyone

We aren't able to compete fully with arena teams and I sincerely hope one day they learn the art of humility but we are not a bad team .... Work to be done for sure but this is a great team with great fans why don't we remember that?

Lets see what happens in next few weeks?

Finny

KaneDevils said:
I was amazed we got such high crowds in the Weller season.
Why? That shows to me that an exciting, and potentially silverware winning team outshone the fact that we play out of a tent.
Yes. But the crowds still weren't high enough to sustain that good/expensive a team and we went bust.

although i do think he's one of the weaker players in the team i dont think we can pin point this down to one player. For me theres a few from last season aswell as a few new of the signings that havn't performed as we've expected. But it may also be the the bigger teams have just strengthend from last year. Its really hard to say so early in the season.

osh

phildavies21 said:
although i do think he's one of the weaker players in the team i dont think we can pin point this down to one player. For me theres a few from last season aswell as a few new of the signings that havn't performed as we've expected. But it may also be the the bigger teams have just strengthend from last year. Its really hard to say so early in the season.

Really, so early in the season? We have actually played one fifth of our total fixtures for the whole season! It's time decisions were made as to who should go (if any) and who to bring in if necessary !!

bozman said:
so does anybody think milam is weak ???
He was the signing I wasn't that impressed by after the rest of the imports looked top class. I'm always wary when a player is hyped up on one part of their game. Take Corey LeClair. Hyped up as a "NHL skater", which suggests that the rest of his game is poor since he had only played at a pretty low level.

Ocko

It will be the newest facility in the league yes, and one of the best but I am struggling to see it being anywhere near as good as the NIC. Ours will be similar but with 4000 less seats and probably many other things. I think I'm right in saying that the cost of building our rink is about 3 times less than the NIC and that was a good few years ago now.

I just dont see the whole 'wait until we're in the new rink then we'll be back' argument if we are still going to be nowhere near the big 3 in terms of cash flow. Nottingham near enough sell out against Sheffield, thats like us filling our new rink twice. How will we compete with that and what will our argument be then? Even Braehead will be able to outsell us by 1000 each game; that's a huge amount of revenue difference.

As for Milam, he useless. Too slow and too unfit. I dont think I've ever seen a player get turned over that much on the blue line. He may have a rocket of a shot but he takes so long to wind up it's impossible for him to even attempt it. Not good enough for this league.

Our rental costs will be a lot les than the arena teams. Whist they get x amount more fans per game, their break even number is way higher than ours.

As for players getting turned over more, Van Der Veeken was similarly shocking in his own zone...but to give him credit he got points at the other end too!