We aren't very good!!!!!

bozman

Thread starter #1
been down a few times this season and when i can't make it tune into MNL and it seems to me we just aren't good enough this season people seem to walk through the defence with the main culprit being Milam unfortunately any thoughts ??? :cry:

bozman said:
been down a few times this season and when i can't make it tune into MNL and it seems to me we just aren't good enough this season people seem to walk through the defence with the main culprit being Milam unfortunately any thoughts ??? :cry:
Seriously?

mazza03

bozman said:
Oh good God, what a sentence, we have won quite a few games and we can play, but sometime we lose get over it. :DWD

Dont jump down this guys throat its true what he says. G has put a great team together with the money he has, but unfortunatly we'll never compete whilst we play out from a tent. Unless we overspend and go bust like 2 seasons ago. We can beat anybody on our day and play some great hockey. But like he says were not fantastic this season. Were likely to finish 4th/5th same as most seasons in the BBT! He's only asked for a discussion about it... Please read the guys post before commenting!

I hear all this talk about moving into a new rink and how the Devils will become competitive, how do they plan on doing that in a new rink when they can't fill the one they have now?

Is there hundreds of fans who don't turn up to the BBT who will for a new shiny arena, also running costs maybe higher which all affects budgets.

ggiant said:
I hear all this talk about moving into a new rink and how the Devils will become competitive, how do they plan on doing that in a new rink when they can't fill the one they have now?

Is there hundreds of fans who don't turn up to the BBT who will for a new shiny arena, also running costs maybe higher which all affects budgets.
Yes. I'm not sure if you've been to the tent, but if you have you will know it's completely unsuitable for top flight hockey, let alone housing a consistent top of the table team.

You can see about 2/3 of the ice from a majority of seats and the opportunity for corporate benefits is virtually nil. Of course the amenities customers expect at modern sporting events are woefully under par.

I'm sure the city fans can quote better than me on this, but I'm pretty sure attendances their have shot up since the move to the new stadium and I would imagine corporate sponsorship has increased with the facilities they have.

The arena teams in this league are on a completely different model to the rest of us.

All that said, it doesn't excuse us getting outmuscled by the Giants game after game and not competing fully :(

Gaz G

ggiant said:

The difference being that the new arena will be in the middle of a massive complex not in the middle of nowhere. This will obviously pull in more people as there will simply be more people around. It will also make it more attractive to away fans as they will have somewhere to stay if they wish to.

It will be easier to advertise and no doubt public transport to the area will improve making it more accessible to people.

No doubt the new arena/complex will be advertised on the news etc again putting the idea of going to an ice hockey match in peoples heads.

I'm pretty confident that when it's all sorted we will have more fans.

bozman

Thread starter #12
mazza03 said:
bozman said:
Oh good God, what a sentence, we have won quite a few games and we can play, but sometime we lose get over it. :DWD
my opinion mazza!!!! i have seen us lose plenty of times since i have been following the devils and will continue supporting am i not allowed an opinion????

bozman

Thread starter #13
phildavies21 said:
Dont jump down this guys throat its true what he says. G has put a great team together with the money he has, but unfortunatly we'll never compete whilst we play out from a tent. Unless we overspend and go bust like 2 seasons ago. We can beat anybody on our day and play some great hockey. But like he says were not fantastic this season. Were likely to finish 4th/5th same as most seasons in the BBT! He's only asked for a discussion about it... Please read the guys post before commenting!

thank you fella

Ocko

Will a 3000 seater actually make us 'that' competitive? Coventry's rink is just short of 3000 and they havent been in the running for years. I've always thought 4000 would be needed.

By only having 3k you are limiting your fanbase, because if you think about it if a game is a 3k sell out against a big team you wont be getting the same 3k for the lesser teams.

bozman said:
mazza03 said:
bozman said:
my opinion mazza!!!! i have seen us lose plenty of times since i have been following the devils and will continue supporting am i not allowed an opinion????
You are allowed an opinion, but you can't post anything negative on here they won't allow it pal :twisted:

KaneDevils

Fife have beaten the Steelers and Braehead at home.
Dundee went down 2-1 to Belfast at the Odyssey. We let in 6, with the so called best NM in the league.
It's not ALL about money. Will we fill the new rink every week or most weeks? I'm not so sure. Do we get small crowds simply because of the BBT, again I'm not sure.

Finny

Our crowds are a lot lower now in the BBT than when we were in the WNIR.

The BBT is the worst rink in the league by a mile, and I was amazed we got such high crowds in the Weller season. I always said we would struggle to get average crowds over more than 1400 whilst in the BBT, and though I was delighted to be wrong - my prediction is starting to look more accurate again.

As someone else said, Cardiff City's average crowds increased by several thousand when they moved to the new stadium. Simply because it was nicer.

My guess would be we are losing out on a lot of corporate sponsorship at the moment because there is no proper hospitality section. I wouldn't suggest to my work colleagues that we have a night out down the rink, because it's a dump.

When we get our new home which will be the best venue in the league - hopefully our crowds will return to what they used to be in the WNIR.