Voth = banned?! - Video page #30 - Update page #40

Re: Voth banned for Panthers clash

I feel this is not just about Voth but the standard of referees we have over here,they don't want to or dont just understand what is clean or not.
Hicks has shown biasis against us previously and his respoce to fans is unforgivable in any sport.
I know there is not a lot to choose from but please give it both ways during a match and not give it all one way.

drainage

Jono72 said:
It's amazing what else the newspapers can uncover ;)

From The Press - Steelers Wine To Increase Cashflow
Brilliant - now can some one explain irony to them ....... nah on second thoughts dont !!

Only thing missing is Cardiff in an effort to improve the enjoyment of the wine have created areas within the rink in which to deposit said bottles - the perfect bottle sized holes can be located within the attacking areas of the rink !!!

Wannabe2

So he gets banned on pure conjecture, that seems about right for Voth. If he was a pure angel he would get a 10 game ban for a badly tuned harp. Get a grip league, we are all supposed to be getting more professional, stop leading by bad examples.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
I know this may be controversial but its time fans made a stand against this Mickey Mouse league. The leagues big payday is the play off weekend. Lets all go to Nottingham, book hotels, enjoy the festivities but NOT go to the games, we may be able to encourage the fans of the other rink teams to do the same as a protest at the way the league favours the arena teams.

We could stand outside as a protest and even maybe watch the final on Sky in a pub
ummmm yea like thats going happen, i think youl be on your own outside the NIC when the devils lift the playoff trophy..nice one!

DevilDom

I know this may be controversial but its time fans made a stand against this Mickey Mouse league. The leagues big payday is the play off weekend. Lets all go to Nottingham, book hotels, enjoy the festivities but NOT go to the games, we may be able to encourage the fans of the other rink teams to do the same as a protest at the way the league favours the arena teams.

We could stand outside as a protest and even maybe watch the final on Sky in a pub
I quite like the idea of this.

The other option is to bite the bullet and say we are going to drop down to the EPL (or at least apply to join) until we can play on a level field (or ice pad!). I'm not being petulant, the arena teams act like they don't need the rest of us so let them play in a 4-6 team league and see how quickly so they get bored with that. The EPL seems a lot more competitive with most teams able to beat the other on their day and we may enjoy it more. I'd be willing to try it out for a season or two.

DevilDom said:

The other option is to bite the bullet and say we are going to drop down to the EPL (or at least apply to join) until we can play on a level field (or ice pad!). I'm not being petulant, the arena teams act like they don't need the rest of us so let them play in a 4-6 team league and see how quickly so they get bored with that. The EPL seems a lot more competitive with most teams able to beat the other on their day and we may enjoy it more. I'd be willing to try it out for a season or two.
haha are you joking, look at the table and results of the EPL compared to the elite, see which one has more upsets and you will find the elite league is actually a more level playing field than the EPL. There are only 4 arena teams which are Braehead, Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast - barring maybe sheffield how have they acted like they don't want the devils. Look why haven't the devils released the video, they are the ones who filmed and if the decision was wrong surely they would want everyone to see it? The fact is that every team and its fans complain that the league treats them unfairly, that just fans being fans

DevilDom

freddieb said:
DevilDom said:

haha are you joking, look at the table and results of the EPL compared to the elite, see which one has more upsets and you will find the elite league is actually a more level playing field than the EPL. There are only 4 arena teams which are Braehead, Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast - barring maybe sheffield how have they acted like they don't want the devils. Look why haven't the devils released the video, they are the ones who filmed and if the decision was wrong surely they would want everyone to see it? The fact is that every team and its fans complain that the league treats them unfairly, that just fans being fans
We've obviously rattled some cages by going on the run we have and with the team we have this year and some at Elite towers are obviously worried they won't get their prized panthers v squealers final. So the squealers doing what they do best and go running to the league to get our players banned. We have already had to deal with our fixture against Dundee being changed to the night before the panthers game and now this.

E.D.S. said:
You've got to read this taken from the Steelers forum from one of their all powerful and knowledgeable Mods...

"Voth has injured many players in his time over here , he can be a good player but too often crosses the line into illegal and dangerous play, its about time he was either banned for the season or that the Devils organisation showed some moral leadership and terminated his contract."

Are my eye's playing tricks on me or is someone from the Steelers talking about 'moral leadership'?....which reminds me, how is their current financial situation looking???

What a bunch of clueless, misinformed idiots?
mmm........ just like Squealers terminated Campbells ONE match ban for deliberately biting a linesman. Think this comment comes from Mark Mettam, one of Bobs Puppets/Muppets over on Stalintalk.
Looks to me as if the cupboard is so bare in Squeelerland that are in desparate need to milk the cash cow that is a cc semi final and a possible final against the Panthers that they will stoop to these gutter tactics again.

some questions:
Is it nomal for a coach to enter the referee room before, during or after a game?
Is it normal for a game sheet to be changed AFTER a game?

And Hicksy you need to grow a pair and stop being the classless, useless, incompetent, gutless fool you are? Try saying get stuffed instead of how high? when a squeeler asks you to jump.

If you look at the photos on hyfyer that she has just posted you can see the photo of voth hit! Personally I dont think there is anythibg wrong with it! Just wanted to see your thoughts? He was just in wrong position looking at voth it doesn't look intentional what are your views?

DevilDom said:
We have already had to deal with our fixture against Dundee being changed to the night before the panthers game and now this.
Hmm, and here's a quote from Gazza272 when that fixture change was announced: :shock: ;)

Gazza272 said:
I dont know why, but something tells me this may come back and bite us.

The League wont be happy we kicked up a fuss. And the League is essentially Neil Black. I think the Panthers have a slightly added incentive in this game.

There is a signed game sheet on the devils website, signed by Hicks clearly showing a 2+10 pen as per the call on the night. What made Hicks change his mind? Do refs routinely look at all pens called in a game and review/amend as they see fit after signing the game sheet :?: seems a little odd!

DevilDom said:
freddieb said:
[haha are you joking, look at the table and results of the EPL compared to the elite, see which one has more upsets and you will find the elite league is actually a more level playing field than the EPL. There are only 4 arena teams which are Braehead, Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast - barring maybe sheffield how have they acted like they don't want the devils. Look why haven't the devils released the video, they are the ones who filmed and if the decision was wrong surely they would want everyone to see it? The fact is that every team and its fans complain that the league treats them unfairly, that just fans being fans
We've obviously rattled some cages by going on the run we have and with the team we have this year and some at Elite towers are obviously worried they won't get their prized panthers v squealers final. So the squealers doing what they do best and go running to the league to get our players banned. We have already had to deal with our fixture against Dundee being changed to the night before the panthers game and now this.
[/quote]

The Devils are not playing on friday, it got changed, dundee are now playing Edinburgh. Hold on did sheffield play nottingham in the final last year..no and the year before that let me see..no

Finny

Ingramator said:
If you look at the photos on hyfyer that she has just posted you can see the photo of voth hit! Personally I dont think there is anythibg wrong with it! Just wanted to see your thoughts? He was just in wrong position looking at voth it doesn't look intentional what are your views?
Which photo is it? I can only see what is presumably the boarding call on Munn?

Finny said:
Ingramator said:
Which photo is it? I can only see what is presumably the boarding call on Munn?
I have juat made a fool out of myself I think!! I thought that was the call! So it was the other one was it? :oops: