Voth Ban?

Finny

Thread starter #1
What with Voth getting 5+game tonight and us having a game against Sheffield next weekend, what do you think the chances are of the EIHL 'announcing' his game is upgraded to 23 match penalties and he gets a life ban.

Well maybe that is a bit extreme, but I think we can take it as granted that Uncle Bob will shout long enough and loud enough to make sure he misses the game against his precious Steelers at least.

I fear you're right on this call Finny, the timing and circumstances are easy pickings for Sheffield, especially after last weeks "appeal"

This could be another call straight ouot of the "let's make it up on the fly" rulebook! :x

Are Sheffield to blame for Jay Latullippes ban? or is there more politics behind the announcements at the tent last night?

Jack Reacher said:
Are Sheffield to blame for Jay Latullippes ban? or is there more politics behind the announcements at the tent last night?
What was the announcement last night? I turned up during the intro so must have missed it.

Finny

Thread starter #5
Merthyr Devil said:
Jack Reacher said:
What was the announcement last night? I turned up during the intro so must have missed it.
Devils only found out about Latulippe's ban on Xmas Eve via Jono Phillips. Sheffield had been told about it but not the Devils.

I doubt the fact that Bob Phillips is back in the country at the moment is just a coincidence.

Finny said:
Merthyr Devil said:
Jack Reacher said:
Devils only found out about Latulippe's ban on Xmas Eve via Jono Phillips. Sheffield had been told about it but not the Devils.

I doubt the fact that Bob Phillips is back in the country at the moment is just a coincidence.
So what are you saying then? :cool:

voth26

thought voth would only miss our next game against panthers!!! surely most teams have vcr footage of their home games so if the muppets of the league have any doubts they can request the video's, surely they have to take into account the actions of the blaze bench and the reasons brad retaliated,i think if voth has a longer ban then we may not see him in a devils shirt next season!!!

also think it's about time refs performances were reviewed out of curiosty did campbell get any ban for what he did to Brad.thought not possibly because there is not voth in his surname

Fubar

no....... i had a look on google and the google dictionary and they definately not same names, so i think we can put that one to bed

Russky

Those in Elite Towers - Sheffield branch will only see what they want to see and conveniently ignore any evidence to the contrary video evidence or not!!! They will find some way to get Voth out of the game next sunday unless Carson is 'told' to upgrade Voth's game penalty to MATCH, given that Carson resides near Sheffield!! :evil:

drainage

What did happen last night ? Was Brad punched by player on bench?

Personally I think we need to start standing up for ourselves on and off ice .... Campbell should have been banned for the recent Brad incident, Hirsch was no better, we find out via a Sheffield player we have a match ban to one of our players - there is something rotten in the state of Denmark !!

How can the elite league carry on pretending to be an impartial , fair and reasonable body - to be fair they never said they were :D

Voth was checked into the boards and as he was getting up he was punched by someone on the bench, he then retaliated with a slash hense the Game pen.
Carson was fooled and all the bench and Chambers on the ice were peeing themselves at Voth taking the dumb pen.

drainage

Martynwo said:
Voth was checked into the boards and as he was getting up he was punched by someone on the bench, he then retaliated with a slash hense the Game pen.
Carson was fooled and all the bench and Chambers on the ice were peeing themselves at Voth taking the dumb pen.
Cheers - and I bet we cant do anything about it ???? Brad shouldnt have retaliated I suspect (but to be fair he struggles to be in the right some days) but how does a ref miss someone leaning over to hit someone ????

He is probably the unluckiest player I have seen in some time - Lees punch missed on Sat someone else's missed yesterday! Hes hardly short and hard to see so why are so many penalties on him missed ????

voth26

possibly because they conveintly turn a blind eye to any blatent foul on any of the guys especially brad, and the eihl wonder why it's classed as a joke league in profesional ice-hockey and why it doesnt attract really big names to the league,by them not banning the muppet campbell it has set a president of not handing out bans for serious incidents on the ice, it will be interesting to see what they do to brad!!.

voth26 said:
possibly because they conveintly turn a blind eye to any blatent foul on any of the guys especially brad, and the eihl wonder why it's classed as a joke league in profesional ice-hockey and why it doesnt attract really big names to the league,by them not banning the muppet campbell it has set a president of not handing out bans for serious incidents on the ice, it will be interesting to see what they do to brad!!.

Or possibly our indiscpline is our downfall.
It is really about time we stop looking for scapegoats, League, Phillips, Refs, ice size, other players etc..
We must put all our efforts into Managing the things we can manage.

Russky

To a certain degree I would agree with you MartynWo but I also feel we should expose the league for its vendetta against Brad. Ok, he doesnt help himself sometimes but it is my OPINION that there is a definite anti-Devils culture eminating from ELITE TOWERS!

We all may believe these vendettas exist and we will continue to use them until we see a change in form.
If there are any vendetta's or anti-devils then we and the players have to leave that to the coaching or management of the Devils to prove such like.
Players have to play within the rules, don't allow any reason for these accusations.

Martynwo said:
We all may believe these vendettas exist and we will continue to use them until we see a change in form.
If there are any vendetta's or anti-devils then we and the players have to leave that to the coaching or management of the Devils to prove such like.
Players have to play within the rules, don't allow any reason for these accusations.
HURRAH!

Russky

It is a statement of opinion and I dont think I am alone in thinking that the league is anti-devils or that they have a vendetta against Brad! I for one don't buy go with the Ice pad size excuse. Sometimes I feel that some of the fans spout these sort of excuses without thinking first.

Undoubtedly last nights performance was our worst - I am just going by the postings on MNL but it seems obvious to me that certain players arent turning up at away games and only turning on the style and skill in the Big Blue Tent.

I cannot believe the difference in approach in the two games less than 24hrs apart, I could hardly believe that it was same team playing! Our indiscipline and lack of desire was evident in conceding 3 goals in the first period- that was totally unacceptable. I felt the second period was better for us until G took the puck in the face and shortly after the Blaze went 4-2 up. It was at that point that I believe we just gave up!

Martynwo said:
Off course the League could publish the rules :roll: then perhaps we might all understand some of the decisions made, however I won't hold my breathe on that one!!!