Vipers v Devils - 23/10 - 7pm - League - chat/updates

wildthing74

devilish said:
wildthing74 said:
TheStub said:
But he already spent years in the ECHL with no step up. Perhaps the organisation and setup here suits him.

But maybe he has made the breakthrough and will get snapped up. It would be great for him.
Yeah but he has improved his numbers now and pretty much doubling his goals output and our league is not too far off ECHL.
He is as good as AHL players we hacve had in this league before.
To me, Tylor is the embodiment of a Cardiff Devil.

I'm sure he could play at a higher level as I don't doubt Tylor's ability one iota, heck I've bought his shirt for the last two years - I think the guy is fantastic - his work rate, his team spirit, everything about him is pure class.

And now I could be wrong about this, but to me he's only getting more goals this year because of Macrae's playmaking . As I've said before on here - their partnership is fantastic. I'm sure we'd see an improved Tylor if we didn't have Macrae on the team this year. I just think Macrae is getting over looked for all the hard work he does and it goes unnoticed.

I'd love to see both of them on our team next year..
He had a carear year last year for goals so is carrying where he left off.
I agree about Macrae.His work rate is pheonominal.I was not sure after the first few games and he was struggling playing point on the PP at the time but I quickly saw beyond his goal output.
I think those 2 take all the credit too for how much Sam Smith has improved already.they are not shy to pass to him and get him involved in the play.It annoyed me no end last year when Mark Smith would not pass to Ben when G put him on the top line for a while.What confidence can a kid build when his own team mates have no trust in him.

Wannabe2

Theres an awful lot to be said about being settled and in a place you like, in Nth America you can be at one place this week and traded the next, never quite knowing where you will be next. I love this guy to bits you would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not too, we just need to make sure he becomes a fully fledged Taffy, and a Cardiff boy for life.

Well, where do I start?

Devils dominated the game from the start and Vipers were lucky to 3-1 ahead at the end of first. I was that shocked we scored the 3rd I ended up chucking me pint in the air (luckily there was only a bit left in!)

Vipers are very ill disciplined which you will see on Wednesday... Stewart comes on the ice after killing a 5 on 3, (which Schwarz got 2+2 for two cross checking penalties!) on the ice for 10 seconds and ends up punching someone and goes back in the box to make it a 5 on 3 again! Other things you'll see on Wednesday, our Netminder just can't get up off the floor when he goes down. You would think he was 60 stone! And also the fact we can't clear our zone and if we do it just gets iced... there's no play from defensive to offense.

The worst part of the night was when we pulled our netminder and we only put 5 skaters on the ice... we realised when the Devils were skating towards the net and then complained to the ref when Cardiff scored! Surely they should be able to count!!

Voth played well for just coming back and Lyle made some good saves, don't think that you's missed Sawyer!

Ah well, Devils deserved their victory on the night! See you all on Wednesday, lets hope the Vipers make the long journey and day off work worth it.... pah, no chance!

wildthing74

andy c said:
Well, where do I start?

Devils dominated the game from the start and Vipers were lucky to 3-1 ahead at the end of first. I was that shocked we scored the 3rd I ended up chucking me pint in the air (luckily there was only a bit left in!)

Vipers are very ill disciplined which you will see on Wednesday... Stewart comes on the ice after killing a 5 on 3, (which Schwarz got 2+2 for two cross checking penalties!) on the ice for 10 seconds and ends up punching someone and goes back in the box to make it a 5 on 3 again! Other things you'll see on Wednesday, our Netminder just can't get up off the floor when he goes down. You would think he was 60 stone! And also the fact we can't clear our zone and if we do it just gets iced... there's no play from defensive to offense.

The worst part of the night was when we pulled our netminder and we only put 5 skaters on the ice... we realised when the Devils were skating towards the net and then complained to the ref when Cardiff scored! Surely they should be able to count!!

Voth played well for just coming back and Lyle made some good saves, don't think that you's missed Sawyer!

Ah well, Devils deserved their victory on the night! See you all on Wednesday, lets hope the Vipers make the long journey and day off work worth it.... pah, no chance!
Cheers Andy.Nice to see a decent post from a non Devil.Take note J.B.

TheStub said:
But he already spent years in the ECHL with no step up. Perhaps the organisation and setup here suits him.
I wouldn't call one season and a bit as years in the ECHL :shock:
But this guy, without a shadow of a doubt could certainly be our next franchise player.

Jon Pelle, Tylor Michel, Stuart Macrae, Phil Hill should be and could be our back bone through the next transition of devils era (three year plan and all that). Voth might retire this year? :eek: , I do hope Finnerty stays for another year but i dont know. And as always Max has been playing like he can always play good team just think we are overly strong on offensive, d getting better but need an out and out D man who stays for a couple of years!
Mark :ugeek:

rolf

i'd love to hear andy c's views on coach stewart. he was my biggest surprise coaching announcement of the off season.............................................

rolf said:
i'd love to hear andy c's views on coach stewart. he was my biggest surprise coaching announcement of the off season.............................................
Still undecided at the moment!

Before the season started I thought this was a new start and a good team. Now we're coming up to the end of October and it's the same as last reason!

Team are average, don't have anyone who can score, defense can't actually defend and a netminder who a) couldn't catch a colde and b) needs a crane to get up!

Ah well, onwards and upwards... cause it's not as if we can go much further down! :lol: