Tylor ban appealed!!

ASHIPP

Koop11 said:
Gerad speaks out about suspension. I have to agree with what he says:

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/miche ... or-devils/
I am glad Gerad has come out and spoken about the inconsistencies in punishments for the same 'offence' and also about what appears to be the lack of communication/clarification coming from the league.
No wonder clubs don't have faith (in officialdom), and the same goes for the fans. How can such unprofessionalism continue from an official body without correct and fair policing? A complete joke. :evil:

ASHIPP said:
Koop11 said:

I am glad Gerad has come out and spoken about the inconsistencies in punishments for the same 'offence' and also about what appears to be the lack of communication/clarification coming from the league.
No wonder clubs don't have faith (in officialdom), and the same goes for the fans. How can such unprofessionalism continue from an official body without correct and fair policing? A complete joke. :evil:
I think now is the time for clubs to have a vote of no confidence in the total unproffesional way a couple of people are running this league, match officials not being paid, rules on suspensions made up as suits, just to name a few. It is a total farce, it's time the whole set up was cleaned up!. One relic was ousted recently, it's time to get rid of the remaining few for the good of this game.
As the saying goes " New Broom sweeps clean!"

Does this news about Sir Tyler of Michel getting the stiff end of the "adjudication" come as any great surprise? Let's be honest, to me it doesn't. I would love the game we all follow to be played on a level playing field, but consistency is too big a word for some people and they are simply unaware of the damage they bring to the game with their unbridled bias towards some clubs.

How convenient it is that the games that Tyler has to miss out on include the CC s/final against the Giants, and the double header against Sheffield.

Why are the decisions so inconsistent?? It's a simple question aimed at bunch of Simpletons!!

Ice Hockey is the 3rd most watched winter sport in the UK. Whilst the powers that be run the game and make the crass inconsistent decisions about the discipline within the game, then we will continue to have a MAJOR problem

ASHIPP

Koop11 said:

Pity this article can't find it's way onto the News page of the Elite League website. :twisted: .......it might expose properly this situation for the farce it is. Let's face it, it's very difficult to have a water-tight explanation for inconsistency and contradiction of the league rules. With this article out in the public domain, does anyone think French and his colleagues will down-grade Tylor's penalty? Stupid me for even suggesting it. :twisted:

I'm not sure why Devils management and fans keep going on about Shanker's 3 game ban ... it is pretty obvious that it is going to get added to at some point ... to the extent that Michel's ban is probably going to look small!c

wildthing74

J.B said:
I'm not sure why Devils management and fans keep going on about Shanker's 3 game ban ... it is pretty obvious that it is going to get added to at some point ... to the extent that Michel's ban is probably going to look small!c
Its because we get told its the standard tarif even though 2 other players got 2 games for the same offence and your guy gets 3 games even after Michel's is announced.Pretty simple :roll:
Why don't we go and cite Giants for the punch to the side of Pelle's head?If that isn't a sucker punch I don't know what is(does the league either).No its just a 2m interference according to our mate Darnell and will never get a mention again.

DWD

wildthing74 said:
Why don't we go and cite Giants for the punch to the side of Pelle's head?If that isn't a sucker punch I don't know what is(does the league either).No its just a 2m interference according to our mate Darnell and will never get a mention again.
That's because it was not a sucker punch, practically a missed face wash.

And the fact your team dont cite it, despite your team having closer on ice video coverage than any other in the league, should be evidence enough to your mistaken assessment ;)

James

Administrator
DWD said:
And the fact your team dont cite it, despite your team having closer on ice video coverage than any other in the league, should be evidence enough to your mistaken assessment ;)
Or is it just as Gerad Adams said the other day, we never have asked for reviews.

wildthing74

DWD said:
wildthing74 said:

You having a laugh,missed face wash?Clearly you haven't seen the punch as thats exactly what it was.

wildthing74

I'm all for away fans on here to create debate but that is just the most pathetic post I've seen on here for months.
Seems only teams outside of the supposed big 4 play the game on the ice and not spitting their dummy out going to the league.

DevilDom

DWD said:

I had a clear view of it and it was definitely a punch to the side of the head with the glove on whilst Pelle was looking the other way. If there is a replay available i'm sure you would change your mind on it. It's probably a bit churlish but I hope we do cite him. There is no point being good losers when our players are handed big bans on reviews asked for by the opposition.

I lost a lot of respect for Doug Christanson and the Giants organisation when they did that.

wildthing74

But we wont Dom even though I'd rather be tit for tat and do exactly that.Whats good for the the goose and all that.I sometimes wish our club acted with less class in these situations and go crying to the league cos it does us no favours in the long run.

wildthing74 said:
But we wont Dom even though I'd rather be tit for tat and do exactly that.Whats good for the the goose and all that.I sometimes wish our club acted with less class in these situations and go crying to the league cos it does us no favours in the long run.
I quite agree Wildthing - If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got.

It seems that Cardiff have always been on the rough end of "EIHL Justice".

Evidently the only way to get your own way is by throwing your toys out of the pram - like the Giants, Panthers, Sqeelers and Chavs. If we have got the best video facilities in the league, isn't it about time the Devils started using it o our advantage, rather than allowing it to be used against us all the time.

If we start moaning and citing other teams players then we will eventually come up against weakened teams as the other teams come up against farcical suspensions like Tyler's 5 games.

I love it how the Giants are in the wrong over this, not the fact that Mr Michel totally lost his rag and has been punished for it...

I suppose the Giants are to blame over global warming too ;)

If you cant do the time then dont do the crime, simples.

DevilDom

chris592 said:
I love it how the Giants are in the wrong over this, not the fact that Mr Michel totally lost his rag and has been punished for it...

I suppose the Giants are to blame over global warming too ;)

If you cant do the time then dont do the crime, simples.
I don't think anybody has defended what Michel did. What leaves a sour taste is the way the ban came about. He and the Devils had already been punished for the offence in Belfast and ultimately it cost them with a bad defeat and gifted you a big advantage from the 1st leg. However the Giants then had to go to league to ask for further punishment in order to gain another advantage for the 2nd leg.

Anyway, if you are happy for players to do the time for their crime, i'm sure you wouldn't mind if the Devils cited Astasenko for his punch on Pelle and he is then handed the same punishment (however unlikely that mat be!). ;)

You won't hear me bitching if a Giants player gets a justified ban, the rules are the rules, so if the Devils want to ask for a review than go ahead.

Anyway we have Cook to step into his skates while Kaspers is serving his ban ;)