Tonights Game

:( There goes the only part of tonights plans i was looking forward to!

cardiffdevil said:
It has nothing to do with showing support, I am sure people are disappointed they can't go but I am sure they value their wellbeing and safety far more than a game. I think people have got out of their houses, but walking to a local shop is a bit different to driving on icy roads
This is the part i take objection to and the attitude that causes the UK to come to standstill... I don't see how its unsafe to go out in the car unless you're unwell or vulnerable? I live on untreated road (in the lanes north east of Cardiff) - i've been up through the beacons & valleys countless times with heavy snow and much worse conditions than we have down here and have never once had a problem. As long as you drive sensibly (15mph along the m4 when its clear isn't what i mean by sensible mind...) and with some common sense it perfectly fine out, even in a standard road car with summer tyres fitted.

Anyway, i won't argue as i will never win :) At least the roads will be quieter for me when i head into Cardiff later.
Just a shame Panthers couldn't make it due to the traffic chaos caused by this terrible snowstorm. :roll:

TheStub

Ivydrive said:

cardiffdevil said:
It has nothing to do with showing support, I am sure people are disappointed they can't go but I am sure they value their wellbeing and safety far more than a game. I think people have got out of their houses, but walking to a local shop is a bit different to driving on icy roads
This is the part i take objection to and the attitude that causes the UK to come to standstill... I don't see how its unsafe to go out in the car unless you're unwell or vulnerable? I live on untreated road (in the lanes north east of Cardiff) - i've been up through the beacons & valleys countless times with heavy snow and much worse conditions than we have down here and have never once had a problem. As long as you drive sensibly (15mph along the m4 when its clear isn't what i mean by sensible mind...) and with some common sense it perfectly fine out, even in a standard road car with summer tyres fitted.

Anyway, i won't argue as i will never win :) At least the roads will be quieter for me when i head into Cardiff later.
Just a shame Panthers couldn't make it due to the traffic chaos caused by this terrible snowstorm. :roll:
There are differences between local travel and crossing the country. I know people who have been through where the Panthers got stuck a few hours ahead of them, and blizzard conditions it seems

Better to avoid the chaos and not travel if it isn't vital.

TheStub said:
Ivydrive said:

cardiffdevil said:

There are differences between local travel and crossing the country. I know people who have been through where the Panthers got stuck a few hours ahead of them, and blizzard conditions it seems

My point exactly although it was a shame the part of my post where I was actually agreeing about the country coming to a standstill wasn't copied and pasted. If people want to go against advise about travelling that is up to them, but don't lambast other people because they don't want to travel no matter what their age or physical state. As it happens I did go out last night and got a taxi home and the roads were awful.

ASHIPP

voth26 said:
was impressed got a phone call to let me know game was cancelled
Is that right? Are you a season ticket holder?

I WASN'T impressed to be told by staff at the BBT at 1pm that the game was 'definitely on', only to drive to the Arena after work at 5.30pm to find it was cancelled. When I originally asked if it was likely to be cancelled, I was told 'no'. :twisted: My stupid fault, I guess, for not ringing again to check. :roll:

mazza03

ASHIPP said:
voth26 said:

I WASN'T impressed to be told by staff at the BBT at 1pm that the game was 'definitely on', only to drive to the Arena after work at 5.30pm to find it was cancelled. When I originally asked if it was likely to be cancelled, I was told 'no'. :twisted: My stupid fault, I guess, for not ringing again to check. :roll:
I'ts hardly the rinks staffs fault though is it if the Panties bus couldn't get through.?

ASHIPP

mazza03 said:
ASHIPP said:
voth26 said:

I'ts hardly the rinks staffs fault though is it if the Panties bus couldn't get through.?
I wasn't blaming the rink staff (they only communicate information they have been given by others), Mazza, I was merely stating facts....including my own stupidity for not doublechecking. :roll:

cardiffdevil said:
TheStub said:

My point exactly although it was a shame the part of my post where I was actually agreeing about the country coming to a standstill wasn't copied and pasted. If people want to go against advise about travelling that is up to them, but don't lambast other people because they don't want to travel no matter what their age or physical state. As it happens I did go out last night and got a taxi home and the roads were awful.
I'm not saying you should go out if you don't feel safe - Just saying people shouldn't complain that games should be cancelled and everything should stop because you can't make it.
I went out last night too into Cardiff and drove home in the early hours. The roads were perfectly fine, no problems at all. A little icy but if you drive sensibly theres no reason for them to be a problem. Equally been out today through the lanes without a single problem. Everything continues as normal.

I don't feel the need to have people tell whether its safe for me to leave my house or not. I think i'm perfectly capable to judging that for myself - Im not so much referring to yourself or ice hockey - Just the country in general. I just can't stand all the fuss thats made about it and how Health and Safety has gone mad.