Time to make a stand? / CALL TO ARMS !

Sheincar

king2110 said:
I will start this post with the statement that I am a Blaze fan. I am not a chav, a yob, a goon or any other word that is thrown around to describe the hockey watching population of Coventry. I will follow this by saying I commonly use your MNL service and I find it very enjoyable (if not a little biased).

Now having seen the decisions of the EIHL, I can understand that the fans of the Devils feel aggrieved and mis-treated, however, as grown men/women, are you all genuinely sat on a forum contemplating appealing to get a man a criminal record and put himself and his family through a lot of stress all because of one ice hockey game? Are you all seriously suggesting boycotting your away games because of one high-tempered affair? The rivalry between Blaze and Devils is by far the strongest in the league and this is a fixture every Coventry fan looks forward to, hard-hitting, fast, goals, scraps, the lot. During the game, I will admit all your travelling fans, and your home fans when I have been to the BBT really wind me up but I am positive that us lot instigate the same reaction from your fanbase but after the game it's all in the bar and everything is forgotten! Our club will miss your revenue, but your fans will miss the atmosphere, the buzz that only a Blaze vs Devils game brings.

There is no room for debate that the fan that approached Olson was quite clearly in the wrong, however put yourself in the position of Benn Olson. You are walking home after work in a rough area where you are unwanted and disliked. If someone faces up to you then you have no idea how much they have drank, what they are in possession of, what they are going to do. Would you stand and do nothing? If you would then you need a safety lesson. The guy is a genuine, polite man who loves his hockey and leaves it all on the ice, the only guy I know he has a problem with is Sestito!

As for Mike Egener and Francis, well I believe Francis got his extra games for the fact that he clearly has a strong word to say to Benn Olson, initially instigating the Olson vs Didiomette fight and also he leaves the bench and then re-enters to confront Egener. He could have stayed where he was and been the so-called 'bigger man'. I believe he is a strong instigator in a lot of what went on.

Admittedly, Blaze are not completely innocentt and I was surprised to not see a ban slapped on one of our players but it isn't us that decides this. It is the league but by boycotting it to cut their funds, how do you propose the league improves? Training, education, procedures, all cost money, money that we as fans pump into the league. If you want change then you need to show that no matter what, you will stand by your side. You have a strong fanbase, I am one of thousands that love our games against yourselves and would be very disappointed to not see any fans come to the SkyDome.

At the end of the day, we are all one big hockey family. We dislike Didiomette in Coventry but I would never wish to make such a horrible mark on his life by trying to enforce police charges when it has already been resolved. And I definitely wouldn't boycott games in an attempt to stand up for my team. I would be there roaring them on so that no matter how bad the officiating and decisions, we spur our team on to defeat anything as I feel our teams have done over the years (not Blaze the last 2 years but this year).

I hope you value and act on this post. I know some will pick it apart, call me a chav, a scumbag etc. but I for one value our rivalry and would rather get behind my team as a stand than some of the crazy ideas on here.

Stand strong, you are a strong team, a strong fanbase and the league would be a worse place without you.

A loyal Blaze fan.
Why shouldn't MNL be biased - it's for OUR fans. As for atmosphere there's none @ the Skydome except what we generate. Your fans seem to like silence well don't let us disturb you.

KaneDevils

you aren't welcome anyway just stick to the valleys,boycott sky,playoffs whatever I'll not be losing any sleep over it
Not sure your owner would agree. I'd guess you now need a huge cash injection to replace what you've just paid out to the league. ;)

King2110 - One of your players assaulted a fan and has got away with it.
Do you not think that's just a tiny bit smelly?

[quote="Sheincar]Why shouldn't MNL be biased - it's for OUR fans. As for atmosphere there's none @ the Skydome except what we generate. Your fans seem to like silence well don't let us disturb you.[/quote]

Real mature, well done, anyone actually want to make a discussion about the actual point of my post?

The biased comment was tongue in cheek, and I can only assume you haven't been to the SkyDome this season? The fans have had nothing to cheer in the last 2 seasons, visit us this year, you won't be generating your own atmosphere that's for sure.

KaneDevils said:
you aren't welcome anyway just stick to the valleys,boycott sky,playoffs whatever I'll not be losing any sleep over it
Not sure your owner would agree. I'd guess you now need a huge cash injection to replace what you've just paid out to the league. ;)

King2110 - One of your players assaulted a fan and has got away with it.
Do you not think that's just a tiny bit smelly?
No I don't because it isn't like it was the league who decided that punishment. That was the law enforcement, the police that decided that! So much so that the charges were actually turned so that Olson could press charges but refused to do so!

Your fan should never have been there and if you refer to my analogy of the situation, Olson did the guy a favour by not taking it how he could have when he was given the choice to press charges.

Sheincar

king2110 said:
[quote="Sheincar]Why shouldn't MNL be biased - it's for OUR fans. As for atmosphere there's none @ the Skydome except what we generate. Your fans seem to like silence well don't let us disturb you.
Real mature, well done, anyone actually want to make a discussion about the actual point of my post?

The biased comment was tongue in cheek, and I can only assume you haven't been to the SkyDome this season? The fans have had nothing to cheer in the last 2 seasons, visit us this year, you won't be generating your own atmosphere that's for sure.[/quote][/quote]

More noise in a library is the usual comment about skydome - I won't be visiting this year especially after the whitewash of your club.

My time was clearly wasted. If you can't open your eyes and try and communicate then it's pointless. You are focussed on retribution and won't stop until you get blood clearly. Shame because I actually enjoy our games. But if you are anything to go by, you would rather make people's lives a misery all because of a game!

Please enter the real world and see that all these ideas are a massive mistake. You'll be happy at EPL? A massive reduction in player quality, import limit, desirability and your new arena is a wasted business venture to just be an EPL team. You are better than that but a small proportion of your fanbase are so short sighted and bloodthirsty that you'll only go backwards with such ridiculous ideas.

On your heads though! I just tried to set a common ground!

The Christmas game against Coventry would have raised a lot of funds for the club say 200 fans x £15 ticket is entry is £3000 before we even talk about drinks etc. that's a lot of money to lose for any club .i know not every game has 200 away devils fans but if and I think we should boycott that game it's going to be a huge revenue loss or the blaze and may put the message across that we have enough of being the rubbish on the bottom of the elite league hyperthetical shoe.

Wannabe2

king2110 said:
My time was clearly wasted. If you can't open your eyes and try and communicate then it's pointless. You are focussed on retribution and won't stop until you get blood clearly. Shame because I actually enjoy our games. But if you are anything to go by, you would rather make people's lives a misery all because of a game!

Please enter the real world and see that all these ideas are a massive mistake. You'll be happy at EPL? A massive reduction in player quality, import limit, desirability and your new arena is a wasted business venture to just be an EPL team. You are better than that but a small proportion of your fanbase are so short sighted and bloodthirsty that you'll only go backwards with such ridiculous ideas.

People on here are extremely pissed off at the moment mate, and it aint a good time, surely you can see that, best you knock it on the head just now, think you guys would feel exactly the same at this moment, we have a long history of getting shit on so best you channel your energies in a different direction for now.

Finny

Can't decide whether I want the Steelers to thrash the Blaze, or Olsen to score the winning goal and Dave Simms realise what he has done.

Either way, a massive bench clearance and big bans all around would be nice.

skippy said:
So I just found myself celebrating a Steelers goal...

Worrying times
Look at the last post from Mr Beefburger or whatever the numpty is called on Steeltalk re: the Devils v Blaze thread and it will make you come to your senses! ;)

The game itself is the classic Challenge Cup "non-event" You can be assured that nothing will happen tonight.

Sliput said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
gandl said:
The Cardiff Devils (from facebook)
We are disappointed by the EIHL decision & are seeking clarification regarding the balance & fairness of the suspensions.

We shall see........ think stronger words will be needed though!!!

Rest my case
What do you expect the club to say ?? We are already in enough trouble why encourage the league to impose a fine we can ill afford.

As for the comment about Bob P....seriously ?? What did he ever achieve ??
He kept a competetive team on the ice over a number of years, he pissed people off in the EIHL thats why they wanted rid of him and in all honesty we have been the wrong side of every disciplinary panel since he left, and I was not a BP fan but the current incumbent just rolls over, or appears to. Don t know behind the scenes but surely the club should be fighting for their customers ( fans ) to see the team they have paid to see and you would want your customers to know you are fighting for them

Wannabe2 said:
king2110 said:

People on here are extremely pissed off at the moment mate, and it aint a good time, surely you can see that, best you knock it on the head just now, think you guys would feel exactly the same at this moment, we have a long history of getting shit on so best you channel your energies in a different direction for now.
King 2110:
I can only echo Wannabe's remarks. We should not let inter fan relationships be soured.
There is a lot of wound licking going on today and the next couple of days.

Fubar

Re: Time to make a stand?

Oldgoalie80 said:
Twonker said:
I'm tempted to watch more NIHL1 Devils games if anything!
Likewise ;)

Anyway, I have no interest in wearing anything that has the EIHL logo on it,as I believe that one of the fundamental principles of sport is fairness and equality, and the EIHL wouldn't know that if it got up and twatted them in the head.

now , not having a jersey with that crap on it, i simply printed your picture on my Lexmark printer and tore the picture up and placed the remnants in my plastic bin. BOY DID THAT FEEL GOOD!

i can now join the solidarity club with my fellow Devils fans - and the EIHL can simply "do one"

Diafol

Re: Time to make a stand?

Finny said:
I would recommend fans start boycotting the Playoff Finals and games in Coventry for starters.
Do the clubs not get any of the proceeds from the Playoff Finals then ?
Wouldn't the Devils lose income if none of us turned up ?

august04

king2110 said:
No worries for me, more than happy to go EPL. We have older rivalries with the likes of Bracknell, Basingstoke, Slough, Swindon, MK, Guildford etc. It may be of a lower standard but I'm sure I will enjoy my hockey more away from the foul stench of the Elite League.

Finny

Pretty sure the playoff finals is the league cash cow. I've not heard before of any money going to the clubs, unless the clubs add on a booking fee.

With regards to Uncle Bob, I can't help but feel that all the problems he caused back then is part of the reason certain people in the league feel the need to be harsh on us now.

Sheincar

august04 said:
king2110 said:
No worries for me, more than happy to go EPL. We have older rivalries with the likes of Bracknell, Basingstoke, Slough, Swindon, MK, Guildford etc. It may be of a lower standard but I'm sure I will enjoy my hockey more away from the foul stench of the Elite League.
Really enjoyed the post walk out BNL season where we were playing more local teams than driving the length of the country to a game.