Time to make a stand? / CALL TO ARMS !

Chris Carpenter said:
For me I think if you're unhappy then fine - nothing I nor anyone else says will change your opinion that the bans are unfair. I disagree with you however respect entirely your right to an opinion.
Chris, you don't get it. Most Devils fans agree that the Max, Deeds and Neil should be banned (although many feel Neil's ban is a bit too long). What we are not happy with is the fact that not one single Coventry player or member of coaching staff are being punished at all. The league is implying they were totally innocent of any wrongdoing what so ever.

Glover said:
Chris Carpenter said:
For me I think if you're unhappy then fine - nothing I nor anyone else says will change your opinion that the bans are unfair. I disagree with you however respect entirely your right to an opinion.
Chris, you don't get it. Most Devils fans agree that the Max, Deeds and Neil should be banned (although many feel Neil's ban is a bit too long). What we are not happy with is the fact that not one single Coventry player or member of coaching staff are being punished at all. The league is implying they were totally innocent of any wrongdoing what so ever.
Sorry I should have specified - I meant unhappy that bans or lack of bans are unfair. I believe the lack of ban to Olson was 100% fair. The fan deserved everything he got and nothing else Olson did was worthy than anything more than a game. Egener's 'punishment' was one expected for hitting a player on the bench; a Game Misconduct. The ref had the option to hand out a match but chose not to and the league upheld that. I wouldn't have been fussed if Egener had been given a match to be honest - it really could have been called as either.

The key regarding Egener was who he hit. If there was a belief from the league that he was going for Francis initially then he'd have sat a few games out no doubt. However it became clear from the footage that he went for Birbraer and Francis merely got in the middle of things. Technically therefore he hit a player on the bench which carries a Game Misconduct tariff unless the referee feels the need to escalate it. Right call.

Incidentally I'm with you on Francis' call and strongly believe the appeal from the Devils will be upheld.

Just a thought. High on the list of our call to arms.
Dave Simms as on of the main sources of junk statements and downright lies.
For those of you who Tweet. Totally blank the guy. don't follow him, Tweet him, re tweet any thing with his twitter acc in. In fact all form of communication.
Step two encourage the Club and other club supporters to do the same.
Just call Him Mr lonely.
Send Him to Coventry.
Very apt in my opinion.

Earnie

What Ivory Towers and Midlands Mafia hate most is when Cardiff get to Playoff Finals Weekend (which we have done every year in the Elite era)
despite their best efforts when it comes to match bans inflicted and some other matters.

They hate it because we have always punched above our weight and in getting to that weekend we have probably taken out a heavyweight team that may bring more fans and more revenue.

As a 'call to arms' we must get there again

Earnie said:
What Ivory Towers and Midlands Mafia hate most is when Cardiff get to Playoff Finals Weekend (which we have done every year in the Elite era)
despite their best efforts when it comes to match bans inflicted and some other matters.

They hate it because we have always punched above our weight and in getting to that weekend we have probably taken out a heavyweight team that may bring more fans and more revenue.

As a 'call to arms' we must get there again
No doubt about it they want a Steelers v Panthers final every year

First post on here, possibly last lol. Yes I am a blaze fan, I probably am going to be called biased, a chav, or a troll, but whatever.

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous, cancelling sky? They wont care about a few cancellations, you wont make anyone notice. As for the league being biased against you? Come on, it isn't that, the league is just unprofessional and amatuer like. The refs are bad, but not just for the devils believe it or not, they make bad decisions for every team in the league. It is your choice wether you choose to go to an away game or not, but I would of thought it would be nice for the Devils players to have some fans cheering them on, and making noise (Which credit to you guys, you always do at our place)

I know this post will not go down well, because of the team I support but I thought I would state, I don't agree with the bans, or lack of bans handed out, but again I don't think that is the league trying to do you over.

drainage

TinyJM said:
First post on here, possibly last lol. Yes I am a blaze fan, I probably am going to be called biased, a chav, or a troll, but whatever.

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous, cancelling sky? They wont care about a few cancellations, you wont make anyone notice. As for the league being biased against you? Come on, it isn't that, the league is just unprofessional and amatuer like. The refs are bad, but not just for the devils believe it or not, they make bad decisions for every team in the league. It is your choice wether you choose to go to an away game or not, but I would of thought it would be nice for the Devils players to have some fans cheering them on, and making noise (Which credit to you guys, you always do at our place)

I know this post will not go down well, because of the team I support but I thought I would state, I don't agree with the bans, or lack of bans handed out, but again I don't think that is the league trying to do you over.
Think your problem is it feels very very personal and if the boot were on other foot you would be equally outraged .....the antics of some of your players beggared belief and there is plenty of footage

Yes they may well be crap to everyone but right now that looks like everyone bar Blaze sorry but it stinks and you can't blame fans for getting annoyed

drainage said:
TinyJM said:

Think your problem is it feels very very personal and if the boot were on other foot you would be equally outraged .....the antics of some of your players beggared belief and there is plenty of footage

Yes they may well be crap to everyone but right now that looks like everyone bar Blaze sorry but it stinks and you can't blame fans for getting annoyed
Yeah I see what you mean, I imagine I would be outraged as you say if I were in your position, and like I said I don't necessarily agree with the bans but I think people need to calm down and not as the old saying goes, cut off your nose to spite your face.

ASHIPP

Ripping badges off jerseys, making anti-league banners and unfollowing Simms on Twitter will do very little. No-one in Ivory Towers is listening.

Boycotting Coventry away games and Playoffs will only deprive our team of the suppprt they deserve from the wonderful Traveling Red Army even though we are angry and want to make a stand against the unfairness of this situation.

Far more serious action such as the Club pulling out of the League or limiting Sky coverage will come with big financial implications and loss of profile.

The most productive and immediate thing we can do is carry on giving the team as much support as possible by filling the BBT and creating a great atmosphere. Or attending club events. The Club, Team and fans should hold their heads high. We are better than this....we are experts in surviving adversity. Tough times but we have been there before.

drainage

TinyJM said:
drainage said:
TinyJM said:

Yeah I see what you mean, I imagine I would be outraged as you say if I were in your position, and like I said I don't necessarily agree with the bans but I think people need to calm down and not as the old saying goes, cut off your nose to spite your face.
No offence but I hope you get to feel as angry as we do .... It's all very well to try an rationalise when you seem Teflon coated and not subject to the rules that have been used on us

What happened this week was a farce and your acknowledgement that you don't agree with the bans is great but doesn't help

We will calm down but in our own time and when some people stop trying to inflame things further (not saying you are)