Ticket Exchange Thread

DevilDom

James said:
All the Sheffield fans got given them :(
Unfortunately that is too true. They were sold to them before they were even made available to home fans as well. They should have been limited to 1 block.

Thread starter #11
Yes, i couldnt afree more, i have been to all but 2 of the home games also away trips aswell but unable to get a ticket for this game which is annoying. I wasnt able to buy one beforehand as i dont get paid untill Friday so unless i'm lucky(i can hope) i'll have to settle for MNL!

Reading steeltalk, it looks as though the steelers supporters club were given more than the fans travelling down. E.G they have 4 coaches but Ragan has given them "spares" as some people have just bought tickets and are travelling down by car?

I understand giving them the same amount as the SSSC are bringing on the coaches but now the home fans are losing out on tickets.

Also looks like they have tickets in block 2.....

Ger-Devils

samidevils said:
Reading steeltalk, it looks as though the steelers supporters club were given more than the fans travelling down. E.G they have 4 coaches but Ragan has given them "spares" as some people have just bought tickets and are travelling down by car?

I understand giving them the same amount as the SSSC are bringing on the coaches but now the home fans are losing out on tickets.

Also looks like they have tickets in block 2.....
If we had a 3k arena, I wouldn't mind so much but it does take the mick. Yes it's nice to see a full rink but sucks for Devils fans to miss out due to our organisation sorting Steelers out more than the away block!

Finny

When the rink was originally built blocks 1 and 15 were supposed to be the away blocks. When so few away fans started coming, they decided that one would be enough most of the time.

Let's be fair here - regardless of when Sheffield were able to buy tickets they have been on general sale for several weeks now. I can understand people are frustrated they were unable to get tickets but I don't think it is fair to blame Sheffield fans.

In football you have to give the away club 10% of your capacity (more for cup games and Premiership?). That would be around 230 for the tent - isn't that what Sheffield have got?

To be fair, when the tickets went on sale online, only block 1 was sold out and half of block 15. There were plenty of tickets shown as available to buy. I know as my nephew was thinking of bringing 10 plus friends to the game and we nearly booked the tickets. They could have sat in most blocks. They decided not to come in the end. It was obvious this game was gonna sell out, with 2 top teams fighting it out for the top spot, and the well documented travel and ticket offer for the sheffield fans.

Close I'd say Finny. 4 coaches and "extras"..... who knows.

Only thing I'd say which is on the negative side would be that our previous games on a Saturday V the "bigger" teams, we have never had 250 odd free seats..........(in the games close to sell outs I mean).