Ticket Exchange Thread

Finny

samidevils said:
Close I'd say Finny. 4 coaches and "extras"..... who knows.

Only thing I'd say which is on the negative side would be that our previous games on a Saturday V the "bigger" teams, we have never had 250 odd free seats..........(in the games close to sell outs I mean).
Actually the highest attendance we have had this season was 2082 against Coventry when they filled a block and a bit. That was still 230 short of capacity.
Looking at the attendances, I think it is fair to say we have never had over 2000 Cardiff fans at a game.

I can understand the feeling about Steelers fans being prioritised but from a business point of view surely they would take a guarented sale to a Steelers fan rather than wait to see if the seat gets bought by a Devils fans. Not saying this is the right thing to do but money talks.

Ger-Devils

thebeefburger said:
I can understand the feeling about Steelers fans being prioritised but from a business point of view surely they would take a guarented sale to a Steelers fan rather than wait to see if the seat gets bought by a Devils fans. Not saying this is the right thing to do but money talks.
That's some members of staff view on this- Yes it is a business but don't do this to a loyal fan base. I know we have very different crowd for different games but the fan base is there

DevilDom

Finny said:
Coventry when they filled a block and a bit. That was still 230 short of capacity.
Looking at the attendances, I think it is fair to say we have never had over 2000 Cardiff fans at a game.
When did Coventry fill more than 1 block? I can't remember them selling out a whole block this season.

Whatever the situation, I think it was unfair to sell tickets to Sheffield fans before they were made available to home fans. At the very least, If they were going to do that they should have limited it to one block only. I don't blame their fans as it was a decision by their, sorry I mean our management.

i know this is a long shot, but i need 1 x ticket anywhere in the building... i have mine sorted but my wife has now decided she would like to come along. 1st game ever and all that.. i have been keen to get her hooked on this great sport so she wont mind me attending more games in the future, as she will hopefully come along.
If anyone has a spare, dont matter how close to face off time, please give me a call 07899925619.(jason) i dont fancy a bidding war as this isn't e bay, but will happily pay hard earned cash for the ticket..
if not then it looks like i.m attending on my own!!!!!

Finny said:
samidevils said:
Close I'd say Finny. 4 coaches and "extras"..... who knows.

Only thing I'd say which is on the negative side would be that our previous games on a Saturday V the "bigger" teams, we have never had 250 odd free seats..........(in the games close to sell outs I mean).
Actually the highest attendance we have had this season was 2082 against Coventry when they filled a block and a bit. That was still 230 short of capacity.
Damn you and your stats........ ;)

I remember those games, and there were never 200 odd places unless people would be in the bar!! :lol:

Ger-Devils said:
thebeefburger said:
That's some members of staff view on this- Yes it is a business but don't do this to a loyal fan base. I know we have very different crowd for different games but the fan base is there
SOME fan base maybe there but as Finnys stats show the Devils have very very rarely had over 2000 fans.

The tickets have been on sale for a while and if a Sheffield fan or hundreds of Sheffields fans phoned up for tickets there is no way the box office staff could turn round and say ''Sorry, we have to see how many Devils fans want tickets so at this time we are unable to sell you tickets''
not only is it illegal it makes no business sense whatsoever. A Steelers £15/£16 is just as good as a Devils £15/£16.

And no, i couldnt get a ticket but thats my own fault for leaving it so late.

A

Anonymous

TWINKLE
SOME fan base maybe there but as Finnys stats show the Devils have very very rarely had over 2000 fans.

The tickets have been on sale for a while and if a Sheffield fan or hundreds of Sheffields fans phoned up for tickets there is no way the box office staff could turn round and say ''Sorry, we have to see how many Devils fans want tickets so at this time we are unable to sell you tickets''
not only is it illegal it makes no business sense whatsoever. A Steelers £15/£16 is just as good as a Devils £15/£16.

Great post and pretty much spot on. However, they shouldn't of been sold more tickets than what the away blocks hold imo. But guys, those without tickets, why the hell did you leave it until the last minute ??

Twinkle said:

Ah but you're forgetting the Devils' fans sense of entitlement and indignation! :roll:

Tickets have been on sale for a long time. This has been building up to a huge game for a long time.
So why are people surprised it's sold out?
Looking for tickets a couple of days before the game?

It's good to see fans helping some out with spares, but why would you get in to that position?

Sorry I thought this was the ticket exchange thread not the gloating/lecture thread. If you have a ticket why are you intent on moaning that someone else doesnt?!

There are still people without tickets and yes I am one. Dont forget that we have been told several times in the recent past that a sell out was about to happen and it was just PR, like the boy who cried wolf. So this time it was true and fans have been caught out apparently by a push to get opposing fans through the door.

Like many I usually buy tickets on the night - I am sure that is a useful source of Revenue for the club - this time it looks like people will be turned away.

Have a good night tomorrow.

DevilDom

Imagine said:
Twinkle said:

Ah but you're forgetting the Devils' fans sense of entitlement and indignation! :roll:

Tickets have been on sale for a long time. This has been building up to a huge game for a long time.
So why are people surprised it's sold out?
Looking for tickets a couple of days before the game?

It's good to see fans helping some out with spares, but why would you get in to that position?
But what you are both missing is that the Steelers fans were able to secure their tickets before they were put on sale to Devils fans. Additionally - arn't we trying to grow our own fan base? Surely this is the type of game that is a prime opportunity to do this and make a casual fan a regular. No disrespect but I don't care about the Steelers or their fans, despite them now being in bed with us. They should have got the away block and nothing more and no I didn't miss out on a ticket because I'm season ticket holder, but I know what its like to not to be able to afford to have one too.

ETW1 said:
My son is just under 4 yrs old and never has a seat to himslef but sits on my lap, would I need a ticket for him?
Do you normally buy a ticket for him?

I've just tried to see on the Devils website what the prices are and age ranges for the childs tickets but can't actually seem to find a list of prices without having to log into that ticketable website???

Clare said:
ETW1 said:
My son is just under 4 yrs old and never has a seat to himslef but sits on my lap, would I need a ticket for him?
Do you normally buy a ticket for him?

I've just tried to see on the Devils website what the prices are and age ranges for the childs tickets but can't actually seem to find a list of prices without having to log into that ticketable website???
If he is under 4 and sits on your lap, then he doesn't need a ticket. ;)

A

Anonymous

If it is true that Steelers fans were able to buy their tickets before us and also that they have been sold more than what they are allocated (don't away fans get 2 blocks 1 and 15?) then questions need to be asked because quite frankly that is unacceptable. Are we not at home??

Would that be Planet Ice at fault?

Sheincar

My guess there would be its nothing to do with PI. Ragan offered their fans the same ticket/travel deal for them as he's offered us for Sunday. They've simply taken it up in greater numbers than our fans like.

Unfortunately also, its a Sat game, so ideal in terms of the travelling for Sheffield fans. Whereas the road trip to Sheffield was mid-week, so lots of people unable to travel due to work commitments.

I would say that it does indeed make business sense. PR is trying to improve things for both teams here and so far, they havent achieved a sell out at the BBT. He knew lots of Steelers fans would want to travel down, and I dont think its unreasonable to offer the two away blocks to them initially.

Unfortunately also, you are going to get stragglers buying whats left around the rest of the rink. Cant be helped. Everyone not in the supports club had equal opportunity to buy tickets.

As per my post in other thread I am still hunting down one ticket so if anyone can help??? I realise its practically asking for a miracle but I can't give up x

steve

reddestrob said:
Sorry I thought this was the ticket exchange thread not the gloating/lecture thread. If you have a ticket why are you intent on moaning that someone else doesnt?!

I tend to agree. Can we keep this thread for people who are trying to get tickets, rather than debating who's fault anything is - feel free to start another thread though. Thankfully i've got mine, but i know how i'd feel if i didnt.

Also, I had a spare and have passed it on at face value, but should anyone else feel the urge to ask for anything other than face value can you make sure any negotiating is done over PM. Thanks.

Sheincar

Clare said:
Unfortunately also, its a Sat game, so ideal in terms of the travelling for Sheffield fans. Whereas the road trip to Sheffield was mid-week, so lots of people unable to travel due to work commitments.

I would say that it does indeed make business sense. PR is trying to improve things for both teams here and so far, they havent achieved a sell out at the BBT. He knew lots of Steelers fans would want to travel down, and I dont think its unreasonable to offer the two away blocks to them initially.

Unfortunately also, you are going to get stragglers buying whats left around the rest of the rink. Cant be helped. Everyone not in the supports club had equal opportunity to buy tickets.
Sorry but I don't understand that comment. What supporters club?